Touchy Subject: How do you guys feel about replica "other" things. Vol. We all know how we feel abou

Hate everything replica but the replica Shelby Cobra doesn't bother me.
in da car world anything thats not a OG real deal matching number's car straight from da factory according to its build sheet is a "clone" car...

they're not fake cars..their just not true blue VIN accurate cars...think air randy whips.

****** in da hood will take it and they know its fake, because them **** in da hood dont know its fake
smokin.gif

Last edited:
That looks OFF for some reason like something isnt right.
I have no problem with quality replica of classic cars, say old school muscle and thing of the such. Those were beatufil cars and they are falling apart and being wrecked by the day so using models from the og car and making another one isnt so bad. Just DONT FRONT when they ask about the car
Fakes of things that can be bought today on the other hand is a no no. Belts, cars, LV, Gucci, Coach and more is a NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO in my book. Those who cant afford should use a lesser brand
its those cheap *** rims

anyways, only time i bought fake anything was fake ck boxers a few years ago on ebay. never again.

Not a fan. If I can't afford it, I won't try to look like I can.

i agree

i wouldn't endorse fake/knock off/variant products but i'm not going to tell the next person how to spend their money. just don't live a lie and swear your ishh is legit when its clearly not.

when i first started to get into shoes in the early 2000s the concept of fake whatever became more relevant to me. fake websites were on the rise and it just led to people being misinformed and started to tarnish the culture

the irony of it all is that over these past few years most authentic jordan and nike shoes have gone down in quality so much that they almost resemble fakes.. hybrid jordans, any jordan that is a revamp (2.0s.. 8.0s..) and the questionable craftsmanship (glue stains.. paint chipping.. random acts of changing color placement when retroing a shoe..) they basically made themselves look bad..

that's why you gotta respect sites like NT for having a "zero tolerance" for fake products, spread the good word.

I don't buy or endorse fake clothes, watches, belts, etc. I'm not one to try to "stunt" so that's probably why.

These cats out here buying fake LV belts but own no gear are hilarious though. Like dude are you really trying to convince people you dropped $600 on a belt, but you got on a USPA shirt, old navy jeans, and some dirty *** Reeboks?...Get real

nothing worse than a budget baller

same cats spending $2000 on Yeezy's but are late on rent, don't pay their student loans, phone bills, etc.

Fake Lacoste shirts from the Philippines from my Aunt 
laugh.gif
 I mean they come in a Lacoste bag, with Lacoste tags. But then again it is the Philippines. Idk, I wear them because she was nice enough to give them to me, not to stunt

in da car world anything thats not a OG real deal matching number's car straight from da factory according to its build sheet is a "clone" car...

they're not fake cars..their just not true blue VIN accurate cars...think air randy whips.

There is a big difference between a clone car and a replica car. Clones are usually base models that share the same platform as a premium model and imitate their apperance and in many cases drivetrain IE Malibu/Chevelle SS or Caprice/Impala SS. Clone cars minimally start with a factory frame have real VINs that identify them as an original factory built car (albeit a base model VIN, but still this makes it much easier to register or sell) .

Replica cars are a straight knockoff usually built from mail order kits with no "real" original parts whatsoever. Frames are ususally custom built tube chassis so they have to be registered as a handmade vehicle.

I wouldn't rock fake gear or kicks, but I damn sure bought a almost OEM apple charger for my Macbook Pro from amazon when my OEM wall charger went bad.

The thing is this new charger works better and charges faster than the OEM one did.

I could never bring myself to purchase anything that's a knockoff
sick.gif

Last edited:

There is a big difference between a clone car and a replica car. Clones are usually base models that share the same platform as a premium model and imitate their apperance and in many cases drivetrain IE Malibu/Chevelle SS or Caprice/Impala SS. Clone cars minimally start with a factory frame have real VINs that identify them as an original factory built car (albeit a base model VIN, but still this makes it much easier to register or sell) .

Replica cars are a straight knockoff usually built from mail order kits with no "real" original parts whatsoever. Frames are ususally custom built tube chassis so they have to be registered as a handmade vehicle.
a "kit car" is usually a real "other" car underneath though.....

miami vice's fake ferrari daytona was a real corvette underneath.

but i dont wanna open up da slippery slope cuz kit cars can turn into ratchet mobiles too lol...

as a fellow muscle car fan clone cars i agree with your definition, but i'd add that to da HARDCORE barrett jackson type collector, they would consider clone cars "fake" cuz it wasnt

straight from da factory wit certain things from da build sheet.

what ya feel about things that "intrinsically" are not considered genuine but atomically are 100% accurate? i.e. lab made diamonds instead of ground dug,

nike ID mimickin OG colored sneakers, air randy jordans, etc?

The only replicas I mess with are jerseys. I'm sorry I'm not gonna drop a couple hundred dollars on a jersey that I'll probably only wear a few times a year.

Now imagine if that player got cut, traded, or tested free agency only to sign with a rival team.

I wonder what people think of "knock off" rims...

Well not really knock off as in, the brand, but knocking off the style. I mean theres only so many looks a rim can have. Varrstoen knocks off of Volks and HRE, but their rims are still quality and look pretty damn good.

I don't see the point in buying anything fake.. might as well use that money toward the real thing.

Separating the "have" from the "have not's" is not for gloating, it's a symbol of rewarded hard work. Luxury items are for people that can afford these items to help a class of people with the same work ethic or ideals as themselves. Magazines (GQ etc), vehicles, clothing and accessories, or electronics are built for CLASSES of people.

People who buy fake anything, do not have the concept of hard work and their craving for instant gratification is a clear indication for their lack of self-esteem and leadership skills. Individuals that need to fit in that badly are usually unstable to begin with.

"Old Money" and "New Money" these terms aren't enforced enough.

aye famb, where did you cop your high horse?

So the day laborer that cops fake j's doesn't work hard? Sorry to break it to you, but not everyone that is able to afford name brand items worked for them or deserves them. The have and have not's is just another "creation of the other" that pits one group of people against another. Capitalism is what drives people to cop fakes. Some feel they need these items to fit in or be accepted (kids and kicks)

I won't lie. Replica everything unless it's food. I used to love buying white on white af1's for $20 and not caring when they got scuffed. I felt like Dame Dash. Greenbriar D-mall was my main lady.

Back
Top Bottom