toughest basketball shoes ever

what are the toughest basketball shoes? nikes, jordans, adidas, and1s etc. shoes that are in and out of the current market! quality shoes that will last a longtime even if you use them a lot. i think the jordan 12s are built like tanks as i did with the lebrons, but the lebrons outsoles keep on falling apart even ifthe upper is still intact. maybe the stitching of the outsole of the lebrons vis fixed this problem but ive already read stuff about the lbj vis outsolesripping from the upper after a few uses..

jordan xii was pretty tough! but like all things, the more you use it, the more wear and tear you'll see... no shoes are the toughest, just depends on howyou maintain it.

what i meant was given the same type of abuse, which shoe would hold up longer
smile.gif

I thought my lebron IIs were pretty tough, I miss them so much
frown.gif
wish I had another pair..and I'm about to put the lebron IV's into my rotation andthey feel tough and durable.

Nike had a line of outdoor shoes back in the day, I think Rodman had a sig on the line but I can't remember for sure.
Does anyone remember the name? I believe there was a pair called NDestructs or something like that.
I do remember that the rubber used for the soles had a special name because it lasts longer and was made specifically for hooping outdoors

Originally Posted by BC2310

Nike had a line of outdoor shoes back in the day, I think Rodman had a sig on the line but I can't remember for sure.
Does anyone remember the name? I believe there was a pair called NDestructs or something like that.
I do remember that the rubber used for the soles had a special name because it lasts longer and was made specifically for hooping outdoors
Yeah, the Ndestrukts were pretty dope. Some of the models had thicker outsoles and thicker uppers. The rubber was called "DRC" whichstood for Durable Rubber Compound. The Sharkleys and Phenoms take after one of the Ndestrukt shoes, the Shake, and the outsole does look like it would hold upwell on the asphalt.

As for other durbable shoes, any shoe with a foamposite upper should be able to take a beating and so you just gotta worry about the outsole and cushioning.The adidas Kobe has a pretty tough upper but the tread is shallow. I would have to go with the first Flightposite as being the toughest. I've had thewhite/carolina pair for like 5 years, balled in them heavy, and they've held up very well.

"DRC" I knew it was a 3 letter acronym, I had a pair when I was in Jr. High that had a giant swoosh on the side panels that was backwards, so theswoosh ended near the front by your toes. I can't remember the name but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with a sizeable swoosh, possibly fat ormaybe even giant. Does anybody remember? Mine were all Black with a giant backwards white swoosh.

I know it doesn't go perfectly with your description but it does have a huge swoosh. Are these the ones you had?

Nike Air Shake Ndestrukt.

No, not those there was a backwards swoosh on both sides of the shoe, the swoosh was kind've a tumbled leather material from what I remember. Thanks thoughFredo, I never would've remembered that DRC.

Air Raids are pretty solid.. Great outdoor b-ball shoe
AJ XII's and Foams are great for indoors

Back
Top Bottom