Toys R Us Buy 2 Get 1 Free Video Games!!!

Originally Posted by chupi318

now i'm confused.
just to get it right on what is the best plan of action:
so the best thing to do is to buy the 2 and get 3rd game free deal
ask for a gift receipt for all of them
go to another toys r us and return the 2 games that you paid for.

If that does not work, then go to best buy having them opened already?
and trade in the 2 games you paid for and also pre-ordering a game.
I read through it but i didnt understand how the 50% thing worked and how much you make for trading in a game.

Thanks

If you want to actually keep a game just make sure they don't ring it up as the 3rd item, but if you don't care it doesn't matter.

Yes, get a gift receipt for all them. Sometimes they'll be cool and give you 3 individuals, but sometimes they give you 3 on one. Individuals only matter if you want to keep a game, but if you don't care it doesn't matter.

Best buy works sometimes, but I know around my way it was easier at Wal Mart.

I have never personally traded in so I don't know.

My best advice is sell through CL, you would be surprised at how many people would rather pay 10-15 bucks more over gamestops trade in value just cause it's sealed and new.

bout to go in on this tomorrow.

Spoiler [+]
Nor Cal heads check the regional forum

ok so I wanna make the most money off of this as possible.

step 1. buy 3 video games with the buy 2 get 1 free deal.

step 2. ask for 3 separate gift receipts?

step 3. Go to another Toys R Us and return the 2 games you paid for?

step 4. Sell the free game to another store such as Best Buy, Gamestop, or Craigslist?

Step 5. Repeat?

Help me out NT.

Originally Posted by abutta13

Originally Posted by UnderMedicated

Originally Posted by Cash is Clay

hahaha 20 y/o grown +$+ men driving to toys r us to buy video games haha
Over 80% of gamer's are over 18.

I really hope that's not true
Well to be precise most are 37 years of age.
 I don't know where the "only kids play video games" stereotype came from.

So is the deal still works if I just wanted to keep a free game?
just by doing separate gift receipt on the third game?

so if I buy 3 nba 2K12 and get them all on one gift receipt and sell the free one to gamestop will I be able to return the two I paid for and get $120 back and profit by whatever I sold the other for?

Ummm, I thought the policy changed? If someone executes please post results/method.

And I forgot to add, when going the Just Dance route,if your TRU won't match the online price and the Buy2Get1, just do multiple orders online for IN-STORE pickup. No shipping costs AND they look foolish
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by abutta13

Over 80% of gamer's are over 18.

I really hope that's not true
Well to be precise most are 37 years of age.
 I don't know where the "only kids play video games" stereotype came from.
Last time back in the early 90s/late 80s.....but as technology has evolved and grown, gamers have grown along as well. So that "stereotype" no longer applies. It's old school thinking. 

Originally Posted by solegit08til

Ummm, I thought the policy changed? If someone executes please post results/method.

And I forgot to add, when going the Just Dance route,if your TRU won't match the online price and the Buy2Get1, just do multiple orders online for IN-STORE pickup. No shipping costs AND they look foolish
laugh.gif

and its $35 each right? gonna try on my lunch break

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

so if I buy 3 nba 2K12 and get them all on one gift receipt and sell the free one to gamestop will I be able to return the two I paid for and get $120 back and profit by whatever I sold the other for?
its difficult to say. in past years you could do that but there is a possibility that TRU may have smartened up now.
For example: if you buy 3 2K12's they possibly will charge you 40 for each of them (instead of charging you for 2 full-priced games and having the 3rd ring up for free)

in that case, it would be difficult to make money

and btw, if you sell 2K12 to gamestop you definitely won't make $60. I believe there policy doesn't take sealed items so I wouldnt even bother going to gamespot to trade in or sell.

Best Buy will give you better returns.

Last year we were able to just return 2 games for store credit, rinse and repeat so always keeping a free game to sell on CL or give to walmart for store credit. This year the hustle is for a BB giftcard?

no thanks, i don't even buy anything from Best buy, too bad TRU caught on about the return and rebuy to get a free game.

Hahaha wth is the difference between a Best Buy gift card and Walmart store credit? I'm just gonna flip some Apple products which should be easy like Sunday morning

laugh.gif
I'm going to go in today and buy a couple of Just Dance. I'll take them to Best buy for a gift card. But how much does Best Buy give you for every Just Dance?

I'll have my dad repeat the process and then once I have enough BB store credit I'm buying and flipping a MacBook for about 100 below retail.

You guys know how it works to trade into Walmart?
Also selling on Craigslist. I'm trying to figure out which way is the most lucrative.

So can someone please tell me the exact steps? ask for how many gift receipts? which game to be on which receipt? Help me out NT Brosephs.

Originally Posted by sole searchin

Last year we were able to just return 2 games for store credit, rinse and repeat so always keeping a free game to sell on CL or give to walmart for store credit. This year the hustle is for a BB giftcard?

no thanks, i don't even buy anything from Best buy, too bad TRU caught on about the return and rebuy to get a free game.
I'm assuming that it's still possible to work like that.

They cant refuse to give you separate gift receipts. "One of the games is for my little cousin ________, the other is for my bro _________ and the other one is for myself." Return the ones you paid for on the gift receipt. Keep the free one, resell on Craigslist for $45-50 pocket that money, use the store credit from the return to buy other 2 games and receive free one. Repeat.

I'm going to go straight up to one of the younger cooler looking cats. Maybe even give em a $5 if all else fails.

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Yoo who said $30?

332owfc.png
supply and demand I suppose? That other NTer flooded the market.
roll.gif

edit: Something is wrong, Batman Arkham city has an estimate trade in value on best buy of $4.00 and Just Dance doesn't even show up.

The best game to get is JUST DANCE 3 at Toys R Us. Have it price checked to match the online price of $34.99. Buy any increment of 3. Trade them in at Best Buy for $29 a piece and pre-order any game to get 40-50% bonus credit. Buy something at Best Buy that you want or just flip a TV or something. Any questions?

Bout to try this
THANK YOU BASED GOD
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Yoo who said $30?

332owfc.png
roll.gif

edit: Something is wrong, Batman Arkham city has an estimate trade in value on best buy of $4.00 and Just Dance doesn't even show up.

you gota preorder a game in store to get 50% more credit

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

The best game to get is JUST DANCE 3 at Toys R Us. Have it price checked to match the online price of $34.99. Buy any increment of 3. Trade them in at Best Buy for $29 a piece and pre-order any game to get 40-50% bonus credit. Buy something at Best Buy that you want or just flip a TV or something. Any questions?

Bout to try this
THANK YOU BASED GOD
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
I'm not so sure if this is the best way to go. you end up making about $20.00.
I'd rather sell on Craigslist.

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

Yoo who said $30?

332owfc.png
roll.gif

you gota preorder a game in store to get 50% more credit

so if I were to preorder MW3 while exchanging Just Dance I would be getting $50.00 for every game?  I'd rather not have tons of MW3 on pre order.

Originally Posted by Truballa101

Oh You Mad,

Um, the Wii version is $25.
Xbox version is $29.

Man #@%@ that @#%# I just copped like 20 sets of the wii version FML

Returning these is gonna be a hassle
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Truballa101

Oh You Mad,

Um, the Wii version is $25.
Xbox version is $29.

Man #@%@ that @#%# I just copped like 20 sets of the wii version FML

Returning these is gonna be a hassle
30t6p3b.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

the XBOX one is worth 30 and the PS 3 one is worth 25.

Try Fifa that one has a value of 30.

Back
Top Bottom