Trading in Paid off whip for a Used Hybrid

You not worried about the long term 'unknowns' when it comes to this gen of Tesla?

I definitely am, which is why I bought an Accord earlier this year. I am hoping they get their act together in the next 2-3 years so that I can feel more confident in grabbing one

717A14A1-F177-4F49-9429-AFBCCD753D4D.jpeg
Facts. Fully loaded Model 3 will be my next auto purchase, planning to have it for the next 10-15 years.

Got mine last month. Love it.

If gas mileage is the only issue, keep the paid off Camry instead of taking on the debt.

An outright bizarre scenario.

Dude wants to take a loss in order to exchange an 2015 Camry, for a 2015 Avalon.

This is why they need to teach personal finances in school. There's some very simple math here that will give you an objective answer as to what the rational choice is.

This is not the right move bro. This reads like a case study situation in one of the financial literacy books.

An outright bizarre scenario.

Dude wants to take a loss in order to exchange an 2015 Camry, for a 2015 Avalon.

This is why they need to teach personal finances in school. There's some very simple math here that will give you an objective answer as to what the rational choice is.

“Loss” lolol cars are jot assets.

You speaking as if someone is asking to do this plus do a 10 yr car note.

The thought is depending on the worth ofnthe camry, the difference would be paid in cash, and the fuel savings could potentially make this a wash at the least.

When it comes to hybrids/electrics, your best bet is to lease (outside of tesla). Lot of rebates out there for them. The technology changes dramatically every year and they depreciate fast.

Sell the camry and cop the lease on another electric.

Hate to turn this into the buy v. lease, but over time the camry will cost more than it is worth (registration, insurance, maintenance, etc. on a car you hardly drive). Not to mention it already sounds like you want a new car.

When it comes to hybrids/electrics, your best bet is to lease (outside of tesla). Lot of rebates out there for them. The technology changes dramatically every year and they depreciate fast.

Sell the camry and cop the lease on another electric.

Hate to turn this into the buy v. lease, but over time the camry will cost more than it is worth (registration, insurance, maintenance, etc. on a car you hardly drive). Not to mention it already sounds like you want a new car.

Ideally i dont want another car until i have kids and that would be more so a family SUV. I always want a backup car though whuch the camry woukd serve as. I was more so considering the trade because it could he a wash in terms of cost to own or even I come out better with the hybrid since i pretty much do 70% city driving in heavy traffic.

Ideally i dont want another car until i have kids and that would be more so a family SUV. I always want a backup car though whuch the camry woukd serve as. I was more so considering the trade because it could he a wash in terms of cost to own or even I come out better with the hybrid since i pretty much do 70% city driving in heavy traffic.

In your situation I'd keep the camry as a backup and lease a hybrid. They lease very well and there are a lot of incentives depending on where you live. I would not buy one because they depreciate... A LOT.

“Loss” lolol cars are jot assets.

You speaking as if someone is asking to do this plus do a 10 yr car note.

The thought is depending on the worth ofnthe camry, the difference would be paid in cash, and the fuel savings could potentially make this a wash at the least.

Cars are depreciating assets, but that's entirely besides the point.

Again, the entire premise of your question is just bizarre. :lol:

Let's give you the benefit of the doubt here and entertain the idea that the fuel savings could potentially be greater than the additional debt or cash it will cost you to trade in a Camry that you own and have paid for in full, for a damn Avalon.

Given that you know the cost of the Avalon, you know the approximate trade in value of the Camry, and you know the approximate cost of gas, it takes 6th grade level math to compare the aggregate cost to the savings over time and make a rational decision.

If you copped a Tesla you're moving backwards.

I came from a Tesla Model S but now I'm driving a Mercedes S550 and never looked back. I don't care about the higher costs but that V8 :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom