Trading my G35c....

Hey guys i decided to trade my G35 coupe for an evoultion IX MR and i found someone willin to trade however hes in florida...so does anyone know the process ofhow i should do this? like paperwork and how to ship the cars? thanks....

If you don't know how to do it, I'd look into having a lawyer that specializes in lemoning cars helping you out. I'd much rather spend $500 orwhatever to have it done right than to see that you got crossed a month or so later.

You're going to love the 4G63. $1,000 in mods and you will be running in the 12s.

14 miles on the MR 16 miles on my G...would this be much easier if it was local? its hard finding a good deal locally though

Congrats,
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jdidkc

14 miles on the MR 16 miles on my G...would this be much easier if it was local? its hard finding a good deal locally though

This sounds too sketchy. I've owned an Evo before and browsed the boards religiously and I've never seen anyone do a straight up trade of an Evo IXwith a G35 coupe...especially when the G has more miles than the Evo.

You sure his Evo is paid for? Nothing is wrong with it that will want to make him get rid of it? And it's not even local..how did you plan on doingthe swap? Do you even plan on visiting to see the car in person before going through with it.

It can be legit, but you just have to do everything right. Fly out and inspect the car, have a certified person check it to make sure it's in OKcondition, check the VIN obviously, and on top of that I'd have a contract made out that states the owner knows the car is in good working condition, andis not trying to deceive you.
I have a strong feeling that the guy launched the car one time too many and fried up his clutch and/or t case and/ortransmission.

Originally Posted by wj4

This sounds too sketchy. I've owned an Evo before and browsed the boards religiously and I've never seen anyone do a straight up trade of an Evo IX with a G35 coupe...especially when the G has more miles than the Evo.

You sure his Evo is paid for? Nothing is wrong with it that will want to make him get rid of it? And it's not even local..how did you plan on doing the swap? Do you even plan on visiting to see the car in person before going through with it.

It can be legit, but you just have to do everything right. Fly out and inspect the car, have a certified person check it to make sure it's in OK condition, check the VIN obviously, and on top of that I'd have a contract made out that states the owner knows the car is in good working condition, and is not trying to deceive you.
I have a strong feeling that the guy launched the car one time too many and fried up his clutch and/or t case and/or transmission.

what he said

Is this a lease trade or a purchase trade? Either or you have to go through your finance company to trade and they have to be financially qualified.

Yeah i'd be very cautious......its easy to get too happy when you see a deal in your favor.

yea i know im not gnna jump on this deal, i rather have local or i rather sell my car then purchase an evo.

Originally Posted by wj4

This sounds too sketchy. I've owned an Evo before and browsed the boards religiously and I've never seen anyone do a straight up trade of an Evo IX with a G35 coupe...especially when the G has more miles than the Evo.

You sure his Evo is paid for? Nothing is wrong with it that will want to make him get rid of it? And it's not even local..how did you plan on doing the swap? Do you even plan on visiting to see the car in person before going through with it.

It can be legit, but you just have to do everything right. Fly out and inspect the car, have a certified person check it to make sure it's in OK condition, check the VIN obviously, and on top of that I'd have a contract made out that states the owner knows the car is in good working condition, and is not trying to deceive you.
I have a strong feeling that the guy launched the car one time too many and fried up his clutch and/or t case and/or transmission.

More than a handful of the guys on the forums have, not sure about socalevos, but I know on evolutionm they have. Mostly because they are married / kids orthere job (corporate) won't let them keep the Evo. The only thing I'm worried about is the condition of the Evo and the mods.

^theres almost no mods on the evo which i like. and he states he doesnt drive it daily....but still i want one thats local or even in socal so i can meet halfway and see the car. hmm what if i traded my car into a dealer and bought the evo there? would they rip me off for my cars value?

What year is your G? Anything done to it? You may want to hit up South Coast Mitsubishi in the OC, they can work out a good deal for you. IX MR's are goingfor mid to high 20's now because of Evo X hype.

my G is a 06, full hks exhaust, 1/2 md spacer, stillen intake, s-tech springs, tokico shocks, rep gialla grille...im in norcal though haha i dont know if iwould want to make a trip out there unless i have a break at school id love to come back in an evo though...

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by wj4

More than a handful of the guys on the forums have, not sure about socalevos, but I know on evolutionm they have. Mostly because they are married / kids or there job (corporate) won't let them keep the Evo. The only thing I'm worried about is the condition of the Evo and the mods.

laugh.gif
what corporate job 'makes' someone get rid of their car? that sounds ridiculous.

anyways, yeah... 14k miles on the evo? eh, i don't think i'd trust it. car was probably beaten for all 14k of those miles

pretty fair trade.

considering you know the evo has less miles but more molested miles then the g

imo good trade. same hp at least. rwd basically for awd and...... boost!

Originally Posted by SchruteFarms

why though? why does the employer care? enlighten me

The employer doesnt care, its just the car doesnt fit the nature of a job.

Take for example someone whos always on the road, and doesnt get a corporate vehicle. The Evo certainly lacks creature comforts and doesnt get the best gasmileage nor is it the most reliable.

Another example would be a real estate agent who has to drive around possible buyers. Pulling up in an Evo certainly isnt exactly professional especially withthe rear wing and loud(er) exhaust. That would certainly turn me away from dealing with the agent.

Back
Top Bottom