Trading my G35c....

^true, a lot of people willing to trade are older people in their 30s.... im thinking about parting my car and selling it then purchase the evo myself..

Originally Posted by THockey66

Originally Posted by SchruteFarms

why though? why does the employer care? enlighten me

The employer doesnt care, its just the car doesnt fit the nature of a job.

Take for example someone whos always on the road, and doesnt get a corporate vehicle. The Evo certainly lacks creature comforts and doesnt get the best gas mileage nor is it the most reliable.

Another example would be a real estate agent who has to drive around possible buyers. Pulling up in an Evo certainly isnt exactly professional especially with the rear wing and loud(er) exhaust. That would certainly turn me away from dealing with the agent.

real estate is one thing. i want to know what 'corporate' job makes someone get rid of their ride. lacking creature comforts, gas mileage, an employercould care less. what would make an employer tell me "son, your STi is unacceptable and we are requiring you to get something else"? that just soundssketchy

This debate is heavily discussed among the Evo boards as well, lol. Some people like my friend, who is an attorney, drove his Evo EVERYWHERE..to courthousesthrough out SoCal, to his office, to his clients, etc. He loved that thing to death. He said that he's never got a bad impression from the car before. Hiswife, on the other hand, thinks a lawyer should drive something more suitable so he bought an M5 to keep her content.

Another friend who has to carry his clients around quite a bit eventually caved in and traded it for a CLS.

For a car with that much power, I think the Evo gets great mileage. I always averaged more than 20 MPG on mine with normal driving.

If you have a corporate job, I don't think it would matter. A friend works for Sterling's company in Beverly Hills, the owner of the Clippers, and aslong as he gets to work on time, and work..everything is straight.

The only reason I think you need a 'better' car is when you're going to haul around clients or people that are useful to you in some form all thetime.

now that i can agree with. some people made it seem like 'car type' was part of a corporate application
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom