**Traveling for Work Appreciation/Unapprecition** Vol. Expense Accounts

Originally Posted by DublBagn

Originally Posted by illphillip

I have no idea why my reply looks like that. Yuku is some !$#%%*!*. Bring back the OG NT.......

seems like we traveled to the same places for work.....any chance you are in the media/entertainment industry????  WMC, SXSW, CMJ, all the festivals.......

I am indeed. The ever shrinking music business. Don't do SXSW. I live in NY so I can hit CMJ !+$$. 
I don't even remember the places I've travelled until I see them in here. Did Seattle. Space Needle. Rock N Roll HOF. Did Toronto. My hotel had a water slide in it! And they got great strip clubs. 

Detroit, which I actually like. I'm grimy like that. More great strip clubs. Same with Atlanta. 

I really want to get to New Orleans. Only city I want to go to that I've never been to. Should be hitting Houston this year. 

Un appreciated. I @!$*+$ hate trainings and bull +%+$ that makes me drive and put miles on my car to sit somewhere for 4 hours and then COME BACK TO WORK for 4 more hours... +%+$ is wack...

I really want to get to New Orleans. Only city I want to go to that I've never been to. Should be hitting Houston this year. 
New Orleans is dangerous territory man (only cause it is such a fun city).

I dont get to travel much for work, usually only for conferences which are 1-3 times a year, but it is always good to get out and see other parts of the country.  For business I've only been to a few different cities like New Orleans, St. Louis, Cleveland,  and ATL.  NOLA was by far the most fun.  It was almost too much fun since that was the year we all got our company AMEX's taken away (and we still havent gotten em back... expense reports FTL).  I mentioned the story on NT before, but me and my boy cutting out of the conference early, hitting Bourbon St., getting S-faced, and him going to Little Darlings and racking up $13K on the company card in one night is not a good look, but boy does it make for a really funny story.

Anyone who wants a job that is GUARANTEED weekly travel out of school needs to look into Consulting. You'll be traveling Monday and returning home Friday even as an entry level employee.

I know some Consultants thought who said the fun wore off after a year. You can't buy bottles in the Club with Starwood points.

Hate it. I miss my kids to much. I travel about 4-5 times a year for work. It was fun at first, now as soon as I leave I can't wait to get home. Leaving for Dallas for a week in 2 weeks. I guess I can at least pick up some Cowboys stuff while I'm down there.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

I dont get to travel much for work, usually only for conferences which are 1-3 times a year, but it is always good to get out and see other parts of the country.  For business I've only been to a few different cities like New Orleans, St. Louis, Cleveland,  and ATL.  NOLA was by far the most fun.  It was almost too much fun since that was the year we all got our company AMEX's taken away (and we still havent gotten em back... expense reports FTL).  I mentioned the story on NT before, but me and my boy cutting out of the conference early, hitting Bourbon St., getting S-faced, and him going to Little Darlings and racking up $13K on the company card in one night is not a good look, but boy does it make for a really funny story.

roll.gif
roll.gif
I wish I could have seen the face on whoever saw that report first.

My dad was just in NOLA this past Sunday - Tuesday. He had a good time
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Regal Black

what do you guys do?

wish I can have a job where I can travel sparingly

I work in Equipment Leasing/Finance.  As a lender, most (if not all) of my business is broker driven, and we have relationships with hundreds of brokers throughout the country that submit possible transactions to me.  Since I work in credit/underwriting I don't really travel much since I have to be at the office to work on the new credit applications we receive.  My colleagues in the Marketing/Broker relations dept. on the other hand travel on average 1 week per month so they are always on the road.  They travel the country to visit the brokers to kiss their butt, take em out to dinner, etc... etc.. to maintain good broker relations so that they will continue to send us more business.  The only time that I really travel is to go to conferences or trade shows, and even then I dont attend every show (I rotate with my boy as to who has to go and who gets to stay... no one wants to go when its in a boring city).   Lucky for me, the next conference isn't until mid-April and its going to be in Atlanta.  I'll be sure to hit up my ATL NTers for some advice as the last time I had a conference there I was only there for 1 night and didnt really get to see the city.

Originally Posted by 18key

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

roll.gif
roll.gif
I wish I could have seen the face on whoever saw that report first.

My dad was just in NOLA this past Sunday - Tuesday. He had a good time
laugh.gif

ohhhhh man im glad I didnt have to see my boss's face that day.  Not trying to threadjack, but that was a rough rough day.  My managing partner was blowing up my phone the next morning after he got the call from AMEX.  I had no idea where my boy was (I lost him at the strip club so I went to go throw some dice over at Harrahs... bad move) and I was doing everything I could to try and cover for him.  At that time I didnt know he had racked up that charge, and I thought my boss was just pissed that my boy didnt show up for the conference in the morning.  I didnt realize it was gonna be THAT serious.

Mojo,

Yo I remembered when you posted the story. Straight lulz.

And I thought OP found a loophole with the credit score thing. Shoot I was waiting for the info.

Back
Top Bottom