Trevor Ariza tradded for Brian Cook and Maurice Evans

"Brian (Cook) helps bolster our frontcourt," said Smith. "He is a power forward who shoots the ball extremely well, while also bringing added toughness to our roster.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Great trade for LA though...I've been an Ariza fan since his days at Westchester and kid is an athletic freak who can hopefully fit in well.

Cook leaving is always a plus. He's TERRIBLE.

Good to see Mitch is active...however minor in the grand scale this move may be.

Mo, thanks for your 110% play every night. Wish you well. Hopefully Ariza can provide the same toughness.
Wonder why they wanted Cook, they have Turkgolu and Lewis already, a third 3-point shooting PF? And they got Mo, basically a smaller, older Ariza.
Eh, another young guy coming to the Lakers, always a good thing...

crazy. we got rid of Cooks contract and wackness. Evans, well, he was decent as a back up. I don't know much about Ariza other than he's from UCLA.gonna have to peep more info on him. but if you guys say it's a good trade for the Lakers then I gotta believe you
smile.gif

but Cook gone?
eek.gif
pimp.gif

unbelievable.

maybe Critt will get some more time now. Sasha definitely will.

aaaaaaHAHAHAHHA.. YESSSSSSSSSS

I just got a call from one of my friends whose all sad B.Cook got traded cause he's one of her clients and here I am going .. HELLL YAHHHHH wooohooooooooo.
roll.gif
roll.gif

I am glad he's gone.. definitely one of the worst players ever in Laker history. This bum is up there with Samaki Walker's punk ***.

I got to see Kobe and Trevor play together a little bit at Kobe's camp during the summer and even then, their chemistry was well. Kobe is very fond ofTrevor and is a phil jackson type player.

I do not like the lakers but from their point of view, this is a great trade for them. They get rid of Cook, who really wasn't worth anything was a basicspot up shooter and at that size, he is useless for that. Evans was a "Kobe-wanna be" who just shot a lot and both were taking up minutes. Then youget one of southern california's greatest players in High School History so you have to like that.

Kupchack did something right.

lmao. best news i've heard in weeks. i wish brian cook can get have his!%*# shipped to the D-League, cuz that's where he belongs.

and no, dudes not even on Pat Garrity's shooting level. watching him brick 3 after 3 is just enough.

Kupchak did something right for a change.

I'm just glad Cook is no more. I wish it was Sasha instead of Evans, though. lol.

I liked the energy that Evans brought to us, but I think Ariza brings more than Evans. I like it.

As an Orlando fan, I liked Ariza and don't like seeing him go, especially since Orlando is playing well right now.

We'll see how this goes...

durty pancakes wrote:
Brian Cook and toughness are words that don't belong together. Ever.

Not even this sentence? "Brian Cook is so terrible that having him on your team will try the patience of everyone else on the team, and thatwill bring toughness to the roster."

roll.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

How bad of an NBA fan am I? I was like "Yes, the Knicks get Mo Evans and I can watch him play!"
embarassed.gif

roll.gif

You're about a year late with the Steve Francis/Ariza+Hardaway trade.
laugh.gif

Still makes me sad to this day.
frown.gif

Yeah... I need to get back into things.. I'm losin it!
laugh.gif

ariza should be stoked! comin back to la, no better place to play in the league. cant wait to see some monster jams, hopefully one on dwight.

Seriously yall, Ariza is a very gifted athlete but Phil ain't putting that kid in the game no time soon.

aw, they just showed Cook at the game during the replay talking to Kobe in street clothes @ the Pacers game. that's respectable that he's there stilleven though he just got traded...

why is it that I kinda feel bad now?
laugh.gif
frown.gif

good trade but mo evans i gonna be missed and enegy was great...but getting rid of that bum cook is good for us...he sucks and what toughness??!...this kidis soft hes a waste...i agree with u guys that it shouLdve been sasha bunchacrap instead of mo...good Luck mo wish u the best!!!!!!!!

TH0MAS CR0WN wrote:
aw, they just showed Cook at the game during the replay talking to Kobe in street clothes @ the Pacers game. that's respectable that he's there still even though he just got traded...

why is it that I kinda feel bad now?
laugh.gif
frown.gif

I bet it sucked for him to get traded and still be at the game.
I hated Cooks bone-headed plays, but now I can just laugh at them.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom