Trevor Ariza tradded for Brian Cook and Maurice Evans

durty pancakes wrote:
Brian Cook and toughness are words that don't belong together. Ever.
Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Not even this sentence? "Brian Cook is so terrible that having him on your team will try the patience of everyone else on the team, and that will bring toughness to the roster."

roll.gif
HarlemToTheBronx wrote:
roll.gif
@"Brian Cook" and "toughness" being 23 words apart.*

*Yeah, I counted.

You're right; way too close together.

"Brian Cook is such an unbelievable waste of talent that if you decide to have him on your team, his presence and lack of effort will most likely try thepatience of each and every person playing for the team, and that will only serve to accomplish one thing; making your team more resilient, giving them theability to deal with hot crap, bringing them a priceless value in mental toughness, something that only a player of his caliber can bring."

*or Smush Parker, Sasha Vujacic, or Samaki Walker

There you go. Almost triple the distance of before. Thanks for setting me straight.

laugh.gif

No, but you made the fatal error of repeating his name at the end, thus reducing the distance to a far smaller number. Shame on you.

Mo needs to lay off the SHOULDER PRESS and just practice shooting 100 shots per day, he's a horrible shooter. As a shooter, Cook> Mo

this move was genius for kupchack!

ariza will be a great role player for us. he's obviously not here for his offense, he's here for his athleticism - he's tall and athletic, a greatrebounder, and will be a presence on defense.

the lakers definitely added by subtraction that's for sure.

can you imagine the defensive lineup with..........

5 - Kwame/Bynum
4 - Lamar
3 - Turiaf/Ariza
2 - Kobe
1 - D.Fish/Farmar

This is going to be exciting....can't wait!

^ I think its more like:

5 - Kwame/Drew/Chris
4 - Turiaf/Rad/Lamar
3 - Lamar/Walton/Ariza/Rad
2 - Kobe/Sasha/Ariza/Critt
1 - Fish/Farmar/Critt

We definitely have some versatility on this team, thats for sure. Everything is lookin' up for the LakeShow, now Kobe is going to stay.
tongue.gif

can Ariza guard the 2? we definitely didn't sign him for his offense so hopefully he can come in and guard star 2's and 3's.

at the 3 he's still gonna be playing behind odom/luke/vlad

hope he plays tomorrow so we can see what we got.

ariza looked promising while he was a knick

but how is he gonna bring something positive to the lakers

hes a great athletic player but thats about it

the lakers need a great spot up shooter, someone that can rebound well, a pure point guard, etc.

got that weak*#%! dude brian cook outta LA early
sick.gif
pimp.gif

mo evans was ill tho
ohwell.gif
oh well
Trevor Ariza back home and on the lakers and that is what's really good. *thumbs up*

I like it. just hope he can stay healthy. I hear he's a good, athletic defender and that's what we need.

What I don't get is what the hell is the Magic's motivation to make a trade like this?
You're giving up a talented young player who has shown some flashes of being a decent NBA player in limited minutes...and in return you get a veteran inCook who despite being known as a shooter is shooting a whopping 19% from the field on the year...and a guy in Evans with no real standout qualities. Evans isthe definition of mediocre player. There are 100 guys in the league just like him that really don't do anything out there. He's a poor shooter...anaverage defender...a poor rebounder...a poor passer.

If I'm a Magic fan I'm scratching my head. Your team just acquired two guys that are shooting a combined 27% this year.

Originally Posted by NBAdotcom

What I don't get is what the hell is the Magic's motivation to make a trade like this?
You're giving up a talented young player who has shown some flashes of being a decent NBA player in limited minutes...and in return you get a veteran in Cook who despite being known as a shooter is shooting a whopping 19% from the field on the year...and a guy in Evans with no real standout qualities. Evans is the definition of mediocre player. There are 100 guys in the league just like him that really don't do anything out there. He's a poor shooter...an average defender...a poor rebounder...a poor passer.

If I'm a Magic fan I'm scratching my head. Your team just acquired two guys that are shooting a combined 27% this year.

pimp.gif

The Lakers gained from this by losing Brian Cook, that's pretty big.But Ariza won't be contributing much in the foreseeable future. He doesn't evenappear to have improved since his rookie year, and his athleticism is the most overrated aspect of his game.(Don't confuse his long arms for vertical jump)

To add onto my previous post...
The Magic are playing good ball...they're 10-2, have the second best winning % in the NBA and just beat the team with the best record in the NBA. Soit's not like they're struggling and need to make a move.
That's what makes this trade even more baffling from their perspective.

Originally Posted by NBAdotcom

You're giving up a talented young player who has shown some flashes of being a decent NBA player in limited minutes...and in return you get a veteran in Cook who despite being known as a shooter is shooting a whopping 19% from the field on the year...and a guy in Evans with no real standout qualities. Evans is the definition of mediocre player. There are 100 guys in the league just like him that really don't do anything out there. He's a poor shooter...an average defender...a poor rebounder...a poor passer.

The Magic are very charitable to the Lakers, Shaq to LA...lol even if its a FA signing...

Bynum Odom Ariza Kobe Fisher....thats one lengthy lineup up front, given that ariza works his way to a starting job by bustin his+#$%

....lamar on offense + ariza on defense= Scottie Pippen
roll.gif

Wow sad day for the homies B.Cook and Evan. Nba is a business but it's kinda sad see your teammates leaving after all these years. Let's just hope theLaker future will improve.

I'm feeling this trade...Ariza will complement this team nicely.

Son is gonna be a monster on the offensive glass
pimp.gif
. He don't evenneed to worry about developing a J with Lakers, all he needs to do is play crackhead D and hustle.

It's not over yet. Brian Cook still has to pass the Orlando physical.

Cross your fingers Laker fans.

Back
Top Bottom