Trip to Mexico DF, ANY ADVICE

So me and a friend of mine will be going to go watch the USA VS Mexico game on August 12th. We will be staying there for 4 days (arriving Monday morning,leaving Thursday), but we are planning on going around the city for those days.
Any tips to good places to visit around there? (Clubs, restaurants, shops,museums,sightseeing,etc)Thanks

laugh.gif
yeah i know its a dangerous city but F it we only live once

any advice?

Your talking about the Soccer game right ? I just went to see Mexico vs USA on the 26th ? It was the gold cup at giants stadium in NJ ( not really a fan myboyfriend is ). #!!* was WILD I got hit with two beer bottles and there were fights and about 60,000 drunk Mexicans. So be prepared & be CAREFUL its goingto be 10x more wild over there.

Originally Posted by gORJESS

Your talking about the Soccer game right ? I just went to see Mexico vs USA on the 26th ? It was the gold cup at giants stadium in NJ ( not really a fan my boyfriend is ). #!!* was WILD I got hit with two beer bottles and there were fights and about 60,000 drunk Mexicans. So be prepared & be CAREFUL its going to be 10x more wild over there.
word.

Those people live and die for their team.

So keep your mouth shut and enjoy the game.
laugh.gif

Definitely hit up the Anthropology museum. It's one of the best in the world. Took me up 6 hours to go through that sucker, I was readingeverything.

Chapultepec Park is really nice, the Anthropology museum is located across the street from the park. There's also the Castillo that is verypretty. The park is a great place to get away and just chill. Lots of walking though. There's a lot of good places to eat in the Polanco areawhich is just north of the park. If you want to slum it, then you have to go to the Centro. You can find those Mexican shawarma things around the main square. Also find the ladies selling tostadas with black beans, nopales, and queso fresco. They're freaking huge. Be careful thoughcause you can get the runs from eating street food.

As far as clubs go, have a look around this site and see what your type of scene is: http://mexico.2night.com/photos/clubs

LOL @ the stereotyping

I felt a lot safer walking through Mexico City than I do walking through downtown L.A. or S.F. or Brooklyn. All the vicious crimes happenoutside of the city where outsiders can not even venture to by mistake (unless they get kidnapped). If you're a young, non-white male in MexicoCity, you are so not a target at all. The worst thing that can happen to you there is getting mugged. Big whoop. So just look modest. After afew days of slummin', I took my camcorder with me everywhere and started filming out in the open. Y que? They didn't want it with a young thug. Criminals there rob older women carrying purses and out of shape men in business suits.

Good looks ERACISM, yeah i was thinking about hitting up the park and the museum. So its not as bad as many say then? We will be in La Zona Rosa just dont knowhow it is, been hearing mix things about it. My pops friend told me there was a lot of grimyness but a lot of people say it is the best part in DF. Juts reallydont know what to expect since we are going to go for the USA team, as long as the fans be respectful to an extent, but ya good looks on the response. Oh yeahwe need Vol 3 or 4 of the Mexico Girls appreciation post
laugh.gif

damn... everyone beat me to the RIP comment
laugh.gif

but forreal, mexico isnt a safe place to visit at the moment..... u dont want to be held hostage and get ur limbs chopped off do u?

dont look like a tourist. oh btw mexicans tend to go for blonde hair blue eyed people because apparently, mexicans believe in a myth that killing blondes canmake them invulnerable/invincible towards any form of higher power (police, government etc.)

don't wear a US jersey unless you want plastic bags filled with urine thrown at you.

Serio dawg... don't go waste your money on those wack #%+ teams... go watch a Brazil game or something.

My family is Mexican... my dad has been watching Mexican soccer since forever and he just told me that the state of the Mexican Soccer League at the moment ispityful... so what can you expect from the International team?
laugh.gif
Sad tosay but it's true.

Anyways... watch out with all those chilangos... they'll rob your socks without you knowing!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by tony23retro

Serio dawg... don't go waste your money on those wack #%+ teams... go watch a Brazil game or something.

My family is Mexican... my dad has been watching Mexican soccer since forever and he just told me that the state of the Mexican Soccer League at the moment is pityful... so what can you expect from the International team?
laugh.gif
Sad to say but it's true.

Anyways... watch out with all those chilangos... they'll rob your socks without you knowing!
laugh.gif
Umm the last USA v.s. Mexico game like 1 or 2 weeks ago Mexico won 5-0 and i think they scored all 5 goals in the second half.

Back
Top Bottom