True Life: I'm homeless

I remember someone said they spoke to him about a week or so back n said he was straight.

Now that I have some time to get my thoughts together, I can share the outcome and my experience.

A few weeks ago, this time last year the DEA, US Marshall and detectives arrested me and I was locked up for a few days until I was bailed out. It was my 1st time locked up and had no idea what to do or who to turn to. Basically, I was growing marijuana. A couple of plants for my personal use. Living in MD which is about 30mins from DC and DC now legalized the growing and consumption of marijuana, I decided I was safe to grow my own. A few plants, no big deal. Without going into too much detail, lets just say someone had it out for me. The ex of an ex. Now the ex of this ex 1st decided to contact the local police and say I was dealing heroin, Oxy and what ever else was in the report. All of which was a lie because I dont deal. But it just happened, at that same time the lies were being told, I decided to try and grow marijuana.

I was living in a white suburb, with a white girl and im a black guy with a car tinted out and customized. So that may have raised some red flags to the authorities, especially in an 99% white area. FFW>> im in a holding cell to see the commissioner to set my bail amount. She looked at the charges which were 4 fellonies and equaled to over 25 years and set the bail to over 60K. After that I was transported to the detention center where I was booked and processed. They gave me a bag with soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, blanket etc and jumpsuit. I was officially part of the system. I talked to people to get information on what the next step would be. I made sure not to come off angry, but cordial and respectable, so guards could give me as much information as I could use.

I remember laying down in a holding cell, looking for a way to kill myself. But then I thought what would my son think of me?. I was stuck in a constant battle of positive and negative thinking and emotions. After speaking with some guards and a few people already in the system, I found out I had the option of bail review. Everyone told me bail never goes down or stays the same or goes up. I thought to myself "whats the point of a bail review if it wont benefit me and risk the chance of it going up?" They told me I had a few hours to decide and eventually I convinced myself to do it. They assigned me a public defender and I spoke with her about the charges. There were firearm charges in there because I had guns. All registered and legal. But since drugs are involved, its not a good look. After speaking with the public defender I felt more at ease. She may me feel positive and confident about the whole situation. My energy level went from down and negative to upbeat and positive. So we go to see the judge. The state says their case and my PD says hers. Then the judge says "Ok Bail down 5k". I, thinking "Ok...5k off my bail" Then my PD reaches over and says "congrats. Your bail is now 5k" :wow: . I cant explain the feeling I had when she told me that. Everyone told me bail doesnt go down, and here I am.

I was bailed out which is a story on its own. Now im back to the free world and since I was on the news, I lost my job. I stayed with someone until I decided I couldnt any more. Though I had $$ saved, I decided its best to live out of my car and save the money for my son incase I had to serve jail time. So thats what I did and thats when I decided to make this thread. I expected to go to jail so I had my fun within reason and I dated, went out and did spend some $$. I had $$ saved up, thats why I never wanted any from anyone. I have yet to cash out of the GoFundMe you guys set up for me. At the time, I dated 2 people. One was just really cool to hangout with and the other got me back on the right path. Both knew my situation but one took it more seriously than the other. And that person is who im with now. She helped me start looking to a more positive outcome and something to look forward to. She also helped me get back on my feet to working and doing what I love to do even though my case was not concluded.
My case went on for over 7 months, but thankfully I had a great lawyer. I went from 4 felonies to a fine and community service.

There are so many details in between what im posting right now, but its too much to post. The ones ive told in detail say I should write a book, so one day ill record my story for you guys to hear. Ive learned alot in this short amount of time and ive met some great people. Im thankful for all the people that have offered to help me and reached out to me. Though im not on NT much anymore, I want to thank those who've extended a helping hand. There were some tough and cold times and Im thankful to know there are people out there who would care for a stranger.

Thank you

well glad everything worked out, but how to deal with the ex of the ex? 

or bygones be bygones?

Youll be aight. At least you aint do time on false charges only to be exonerated years later like me.

You should do something with that gofundme though, give to a homeless person or your son or something. Its a waste to just let it sit there.

Quote:
I remember laying down in a holding cell, looking for a way to kill myself.
laugh.gif

All this over a couple plants?

You knew damn well you wasn't lookin at no real time.

You could of been told us this story.

Quote:

:lol:

It's court b. You don't know what's gonna happen till it happens. Them ppl will tell all kinds of lies and be in cahoots with one another. Could be looking at a slap on the wrist and end up not being home for a few months.

First offense on bud charges/any criminal case and doggy really believed them when they said 25 yrs :lol:

Was hopin towards the end of yoir story you pulled a nas from the night of and started smokin crack actin like a G.

Last edited:
We're talking 4 felonies he was facing. Not traffic tickets. Might have been looking at 25 but coulda left with like 5.

I'm glad you're on the right path. Man, I don't know if I could let it go of what the ex of the ex did, but at the same time i'd just be grateful for my freedom and keep it moving.

Quote:

:lol:

Did ya'll miss where that was interpreted as weapons and dangerous drugs charges? You never know what could happen when you're charged with anything as a black man in America. I can't believe ya'll can actually sit there, think it through and simplify it to that. Think.

The fact he in MD , I know he ain't lying bout them throwing bs charges on him ...i know from personal experience n happens far too often round these parts :smh:

In MD cops are known to cuff over less than a few grams. DEA raided some friends house in college over phony info and there was literally less than a gram and glass, booked every one of them. Yes times are changing, but when you introduce firearms into what they're going to call manufacturing and distributing you're rolling the dice on being sure of the outcome whether it's 2 plants or an intricate grow.

And for the record, I met up with drop when the thread first started and he told me the EXACT same story, to the t.

Glad everything worked out for you dropten dropten sounds like you're doing well. Hit me up sometime and we can catch up :smokin

Back
Top Bottom