True or False: Jay Z has ZERO buzz in the music industry today

Trust me champ, that's the collective mentality of every member on this message board each and every time you post..........."this guy".  EACH AND EVERY MEMBER.  We want to help you, but at the same time YOU have to want to help yourself.  

Asinine Statement of the Month:  "After watching the Made In America performance...there is no denying Kanye is the greatest of our generation"--Ginfante

The people of NT have said enough. Check the replies IN THIS THREAD, homeboy. :wink:

You can't put "Buzz" and Jay Z in the same sentence. I don't even listen to Hov at all but to say he has no buzz, is a moot point even if he doesn't at the moment.

Understand, there's certain artist who the moment they get an album cycle they are right back "buzzing," whether that album or momentum comes 6 months, 2 years, or even 5 years in between each other. Ye can do that. Jay Z can do that. Lil Wayne can do that. Drake and Nicki Minaj are approaching that. And that's about it.

At the end of the day, Jay Z supersedes "buzz." He's Jay Z.

If you compare to older Hov verses, I could see how it could be considered lackluster. But compared to the trash people is spitting these days, that verse is great.

Trinidad James had "buzz".

Chief Keef had "buzz".

I'd rather be where Jay is, just in terms of music, rather than be either of those dudes or anyone of that ilk.

That's true but that's cuz Jay doesn't need buzz. He isn't a rapper on the come up trying to make a name for himself. He's well regarded and has a hype machine ready to switch on any time he wants to drop an album.

Buzz is for new comers and rappers who struggle to be consistent.

Rae sums it up right here.

Almost 20 years deep and STILL getting the spotlight... not just dropping albums, but getting the spotlight. Is Jay-Z still capable of make a RD or spitting a complex rhyme? Of course he is, but he knows that no one wants to hear that **** really. He got deep on "Watch the Throne" and said some **** on "MCHG" but honestly he can get on a track a hum or just mumble and it'll get attention. He doesn't have to work that hard anymore because he's solidified and never fell off. Sure he dropped a subpar album a couple of times, but he bounced back and slapped the game across the face when he bounced back.

I respect Jay-Z. People can say what they want about IF Biggie was still here and IF Pac was still around. I love both of them, R.I.P, but they're NOT here. If the throne of hip hop was so easy to grab after their deaths, why didn't anyone else do it? It was up for grabs and who did it? Nas didn't. No one from the Wu did it. Snoop couldn't maintain his bars to that degree. Mobb Deep got a little corny after a while. But Jay-Z said if the void is there I'm gonna fill it and on top of that, he got to the level that Oprah had him on and changed her whole stance on MC's. Let that marinate. This ***** wasn't even on her level...OPRAH...our black billionaire aunt that ain't having none of that ****...she was like, "this dude Jay-Z is about some ****, lemme pick his brain."

Nothing but respect for Hov and if you don't like his music but can't even see that he doesn't need "buzz" and that he is still capable of taking a ***** out the game lyrically, then I don't know what to tell you.

And one more thing:

http://www.businessinsider.com/kevin-durant-nike-jay-z-roc-nation-2014-9

:x

Dude is a beast on his business too.

Last edited:
What lazy verses has Jay had? He still killin ****.

that "the dont love me no more" verse with Khaled was wack...

I've said this several times, but that verse runs neck and neck with French Montana's verse from "Finals (remix)" as the worst verse of the year. This is a year where you have a bunch of songs from Young Thug, Chief Keef, Rich Homie Quan, Ty$, and Iggy Azelea.

Last edited:
This thread is so silly.  People can say they dont like Jay's music all they want.  But to say he doesn't have buzz anymore is absurd.

Did OP really say Common and Nas have more buzz these days?  
roll.gif

False,

He can create buzz by saying he's going to do anything musically,

- Tayo

I wouldn't say he doesn't have buzz in the industry anymore.

But personally, I couldn't care less about new Jay music. It's been that way for a long *** time, too. I feel like I already know what he's gonna say, although he'll probably say it in a new, unique way. He's just generic to me now. Not bad by any means....just boring as hell.

Btw, NOT sticking to your roots leads to longevity these days. That's how Jay has remained relevant all these years.

Totally agree with all of this.

Jay z is above buzz

You know who dont have buzz........his name rhymes with draws.

Back
Top Bottom