trynna get a Jordan selling contract

My business partner and I are trynna inquire about trying to get a contract with Jordan brand but only elite shoes. Does anybody know how to inquire and aroundhow much it would cost.

we just bought a storefront this month but we don't wanna sell fakes like the rest of the people in my city, we want to sell only authentic shoes andclothing. And is that how u go about it, u start with a contract thru Nike Corp and then progress to a Jordan contract. We got a business grant for 75 Gs andthat has been our focal point since we first applied

Tier Zero accounts are really hard to get with Nike/Jordan Brand. Your gonna have to start at the bottom and show that you can move the product before theyeven think about giving you a Tier Zero account.

Ive been open for a year and got rejected from Nike about 6 months ago which I knew would happen, you have to be in business at least a year usually longer.You dont get to pick what you get, they usually start you off with GR and you might get a couple retro Jordans. Once you prove you can move everything and youdo steady business they will move you up. A lot of stores that I know of that got Nike accounts actually dropped them because they couldnt afford to take allthe the crap and move it, one store I know almost went under because of it. Its definitely a plus if you can get an account, but a lot of people say its acurse. I wouldnt plan on you getting an account for a while, also take into account whats around you and who has a nike account already. If you are close toother shops that have a Nike account theres a good chance you will never get it, unless you are in a really high populated area

yup you gotta start out with other shoe accounts like Reebok or even New Balance...Nike/Jordans are just about the hardest accounts to get..you need madhookups o mad numbers to get em.

Originally Posted by Kawarskih

we just bought a storefront this month but we don't wanna sell fakes like the rest of the people in my city, we want to sell only authentic shoes and clothing. And is that how u go about it, u start with a contract thru Nike Corp and then progress to a Jordan contract. We got a business grant for 75 Gs and that has been our focal point since we first applied
How did you get that I been think and trying to save up some cash for a storefront, PM if you can give me some info on who I could go about getting aGrant.

Who starts a business without knowing this? If its a GRANT, no big deal. But to take out a loan without knowing how to get merchandise?

I was @ my local skate shop yesterday, and the owner was telling me that having a SB account is not all gravy. He said even though he gets Dunks, he still hasto sell all that other bullcrap that they send him in order to get another shipment. So if you wanna get a JB account, you better sell ALL of your shipment.

Ur gonna have to contact Nike and leave a message with all your store info and they'll send the application to your house. You fill out the applicatioinand send it back. If your approved your good but you have to be open in that same store front for a couple years and if u do get that contract with Jordanthere gonna try to push ugly LS clothing into your store. With the sneakers.

Originally Posted by DeadStock Js

Ive been open for a year and got rejected from Nike about 6 months ago which I knew would happen, you have to be in business at least a year usually longer. You dont get to pick what you get, they usually start you off with GR and you might get a couple retro Jordans. Once you prove you can move everything and you do steady business they will move you up. A lot of stores that I know of that got Nike accounts actually dropped them because they couldnt afford to take all the the crap and move it, one store I know almost went under because of it. Its definitely a plus if you can get an account, but a lot of people say its a curse. I wouldnt plan on you getting an account for a while, also take into account whats around you and who has a nike account already. If you are close to other shops that have a Nike account theres a good chance you will never get it, unless you are in a really high populated area

This man knows what he's talking about listen to him!!!! If you are just opening a store you will not get a Nike account for at least a year of beingopen unless you know someone and can pull some strings and I'm guessing this is not the case or you would already know about this. Opening a store thesedays is tricky. If you can keep it afloat for a year and get the Nike account you can make things happen. JB is a whole different ballgame though cause asmentioned you need to buy a bunch of other stuff just to get the stuff you really want. You'll have to buy team shoes and all the other BS, you CAN NOT getjust what you want from JB, it does not work that way!!!! Good luck...

so all these sneaker boutiques were open for a year before they get all these limited JB products or can you buy them and just resell them?? ive always beeninterested in a store and the politics of it.

Originally Posted by metalmaned

Originally Posted by DeadStock Js

Ive been open for a year and got rejected from Nike about 6 months ago which I knew would happen, you have to be in business at least a year usually longer. You dont get to pick what you get, they usually start you off with GR and you might get a couple retro Jordans. Once you prove you can move everything and you do steady business they will move you up. A lot of stores that I know of that got Nike accounts actually dropped them because they couldnt afford to take all the the crap and move it, one store I know almost went under because of it. Its definitely a plus if you can get an account, but a lot of people say its a curse. I wouldnt plan on you getting an account for a while, also take into account whats around you and who has a nike account already. If you are close to other shops that have a Nike account theres a good chance you will never get it, unless you are in a really high populated area

This man knows what he's talking about listen to him!!!! If you are just opening a store you will not get a Nike account for at least a year of being open unless you know someone and can pull some strings and I'm guessing this is not the case or you would already know about this. Opening a store these days is tricky. If you can keep it afloat for a year and get the Nike account you can make things happen. JB is a whole different ballgame though cause as mentioned you need to buy a bunch of other stuff just to get the stuff you really want. You'll have to buy team shoes and all the other BS, you CAN NOT get just what you want from JB, it does not work that way!!!! Good luck...
Only thing I would add is finding out who your local rep is making a really really really good impression on him or her. If you have other shops inyour area with the accounts you want chances are your going to get black balled long before you even finish the application. In my area there are several skateshops with sb accounts and there is one store that is favored by the rep and thus they get the best sneakers. they also do dirty stuff like telling the rep tonot offer you the shoes you want in your store, like the jordan pack for instance. So in short be ready to kiss %%! and spend most of your profit (if any) onthe rep this means dinners, clubs (of all kinds), sporting events, hooking him/her up with your sister/brother, ect...

I appreciate everybodys input. I talked to a rep today named jessica who is sending out an application pack today. As for the guy that asks who starts abusiness without knwoing how to get merchandise, we applied for a business grant 3 years ago not really knowing if we would get it or not and the shoe game haschanged alot since then. They just let us know about our grant approval this morning so I came to the place I felt would give the best advice about thesubject, niketalk. There aren't many officially authorized Jordan carriers here in Shreveport unless its footlocker, footaction etc, but plenty variantstores and I refuse to even support variants. This is something I been wanting to do for years not just an overnight Thing. That was the one thing I wasconcerned about tho, having to deal with all the crap shoes that nobody buys so would it b better to buy releases early like from say pys or uptempoair in bulkand sell them in my store? Ppreciate the info Deadstock

oh and chagocal, try those grant books they advertise on tv, I know u done seen those commercials with that dude in that money jacket LOL we bought one like 4years back. Only reason I feel ours took so long is becuz of the amount of money we were trying get cuz we had planned opening my brothers barbershop sneakerboutique and my familys restaurant in the same lot. But just find one u are interested in and go ahead and apply

I appreciate everybodys input. I talked to a rep today named jessica who is sending out an application pack today. As for the guy that asks who starts a business without knwoing how to get merchandise, we applied for a business grant 3 years ago not really knowing if we would get it or not and the shoe game has changed alot since then. They just let us know about our grant approval this morning so I came to the place I felt would give the best advice about the subject, niketalk. There aren't many officially authorized Jordan carriers here in Shreveport unless its footlocker, footaction etc, but plenty variant stores and I refuse to even support variants. This is something I been wanting to do for years not just an overnight Thing. That was the one thing I was concerned about tho, having to deal with all the crap shoes that nobody buys so would it b better to buy releases early like from say pys or uptempoair in bulk and sell them in my store? Ppreciate the info Deadstock

ok. good reasoning. Is it a grant or a loan? If it is a grant, it seems like you have very little to lose and could really survive the hit you take onthe basic nikes until you maybe get a better account. if its a loan, maybe a lot tougher.
I would stay away from reselling in your store. From what Iknow, nike wouldn't look very favorably upon that, as they are very tight with their reputation (as surprising as some would say that is.

Maybe you should try to follow the model of a store like reed space or classic kicks. they sell lots of different brands other than Nike. they give youkeeps, vans, and some other smaller brands. I dont know the market in Shreveport, but somehow Classic Kicks has kept alive without selling jordans or sb's(to my knowledge).

oh and chagocal, try those grant books they advertise on tv, I know u done seen those commercials with that dude in that money jacket LOL we bought one like 4 years back. Only reason I feel ours took so long is becuz of the amount of money we were trying get cuz we had planned opening my brothers barbershop sneaker boutique and my familys restaurant in the same lot. But just find one u are interested in and go ahead and apply

eek.gif
those books are actually legit? Always thought it was a scam. So whogives these grants, and do you have to pay back someway? But for your business, you should try getting other brands too. Like the classic adidas and reeboks,you know the kind thats 2 for $90 at footlocker. Those things pay the bills, they are there for a reason.

yeah you are in for a long haul you cant just get on niketalk and ask where you can get a nike elite account ha

this comes thread comes up all the time, but what everybody is telling you is pretty much true!! Good luck on your new business and hope you do well!!!

most what everybody says is true. Clothing is a must from what alot of my friends have told me u have to sell the clothes first

Originally Posted by buschfan04

most what everybody says is true. Clothing is a must from what alot of my friends have told me u have to sell the clothes first
But at the same time, the clothing you carry can be a real pain to get rid of. What are they wearing these days in shreveport?

Originally Posted by TheSwoosh

Originally Posted by buschfan04

But at the same time, the clothing you carry can be a real pain to get rid of. What are they wearing these days in shreveport?

Stores in my area require you to buy an LS Jordan Brand shirt along with the shoes. No shirt, no shoes. I guess now it's making sense why they do it likethat.

sell shoes and hustle out of there too because youll have to with this economy........

Back
Top Bottom