TSA strip searches young boy.

Let me first preamble my upcoming statements again with I am against both measures in this form.

Now let's tackle this:
Here we go again Rex tries to come in and explain liberalism again.. And fails making himself look like an idiot on the topic... All while avoiding the term liberal..

In other comments in different threads you have complained about how bad MSNBC is when everyone on that channel (from the Cenk Uygur's, Dylan Rattigan's, Lawrence O'Donnell's, Rachel Maddow's, and Keith Olbermann's, Chris Klein's, Howard Fineman's, etc... go after him nightly...) .. Look at Bill Maher... Look at Arianna Huffington...Look at any prominent liberal, they criticize Obama, they don't just ignore it... Remember they were all accused of Depressing voter turnout...  But we are not divorced from reality......And here you talk about how liberals won't say anything because Obama is the president...

Buttttttttttttttttttttt when liberals criticize Obama it is funny....... When they don't criticize Obama it is because they are shills for him.

Pick a @%#%%#@ side and stay with it.. Your diatribes are just flip flop positions now, and it is damn near impossible to know where you are on the spectrum of thought.. It really isn't on the map anymore... I can at least respect a conservative or libertarian who doesn't flip flop on every position, and then act like they are the all knowing after the flip flop..

Liberalism and Libertarianism are not exact opposites, nor are they exact replicas.. They diverge in my issues, but they also intertwine in many cases... Ignoring that would be the embodiment of dishonesty.. It is the same as conservatism (more agreement than disagreement than the two).. It is also the same as saying Liberalism and Democrats are not the same thing.. Nor is Conservative and Republican.. Which would be true... If the Democrats were far more like the Liberals accused of being "shills" for them, the electorate would be far more different than it is now, and would be better for the liberals..

By the way you cite Michael Moore... Have you ever listened to the guy besides his movies.. He doesn't criticize Obama?

Liberals can or they can't criticize Obama? I assume you think I am a shill, but I am the same guy who will admit Obama is a #!%## when it comes to legislation, and often compromises his positions for political expedience, and the act of invisible Bipartisanship that never existed, and most people don't even give a damn for... But I am funny when I criticize him, and a shill when I support him...

Once again pick a side.. Do you want me to not criticism him so you can call me a shill? Or do you want me to be so close-minded that I have to fit your detached from reality type cast of liberals?

Because however unfortunate for your type cast.. Liberals can use their brains, and actually have positions that differ from your doomsday view of liberals..

And you said Right Wing does it too... But you are only going talk about Liberals because they post here more.. @*%$$@##, you didn't post it because you knew it would make your position look mediocre..

Btw, I guess you are talking about businesses' money or millionaire's salary... Good thing they have just posted record profits under Obama.. But I guess you would deny that...

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

b) they are going to stop nothing....this is billions spent on nothing as usual....follow the money trail and see who is getting $$ off of these new "security measures" and then it will all start to make more sense...
White House finally caved in to public pressure and released intel on why this additional security measure was enacted.  Take it for what it is because I know everyone is so wrapped up with their own opinions (illuminati, rebellion, rights)

i mean i dont claim to be an expert at all on these types of things BUT 3d xray scans, frisks etc as a method to find a "powdery substance"  - it just doesnt compute

i know they do the chemical swabs and all of that and even have the dogs...i would think those are better measures....everything i have seen in favor of the scans and tests have had to do with weapon detection...

b) they are going to stop nothing....this is billions spent on nothing as usual....follow the money trail and see who is getting $$ off of these new "security measures" and then it will all start to make more sense...
White House finally caved in to public pressure and released intel on why this additional security measure was enacted.  Take it for what it is because I know everyone is so wrapped up with their own opinions (illuminati, rebellion, rights)

i mean i dont claim to be an expert at all on these types of things BUT 3d xray scans, frisks etc as a method to find a "powdery substance"  - it just doesnt compute

i know they do the chemical swabs and all of that and even have the dogs...i would think those are better measures....everything i have seen in favor of the scans and tests have had to do with weapon detection...

Originally Posted by Kingtre

If you read that article it explains why it's so hard to detect PETN
PETN, or pentaerythritol tetranitrate, presents some vexing problems for security experts. A powder about the consistency of fine popcorn salt, it will not trigger an alarm on a metal detector. Because of its more stable molecules, PETN gives off less vapor, making it more difficult to detect by bomb-sniffing dogs and the trace swabs used by the Transportation Security Administration.

One way to detect PETN is through its detonator, which typically uses materials that are easier to trace. Reid's shoe bomb combined PETN with a volatile explosive accelerant called TATP that can be made from dime-store nail polish and hydrogen peroxide. The Yemen printer cartridge bombs placed the PETN around small homemade blasting caps containing the chemical lead azide.

The best technological weapons that the TSA has now are body scans of passengers and X-rays of cargo and baggage. But the scanners can't see anything hidden inside body cavities, and their effectiveness relies on operators identifying something unusual.

The new aggressive pat-downs and the increased use of full-body scanners — there are more than 400 machines in 69 U.S. airports — were a direct response to last year's alleged bombing attempt on Christmas Day, when Abdulmutallab passed through screening with 80 grams of PETN, authorities say.

Originally Posted by Kingtre

If you read that article it explains why it's so hard to detect PETN
PETN, or pentaerythritol tetranitrate, presents some vexing problems for security experts. A powder about the consistency of fine popcorn salt, it will not trigger an alarm on a metal detector. Because of its more stable molecules, PETN gives off less vapor, making it more difficult to detect by bomb-sniffing dogs and the trace swabs used by the Transportation Security Administration.

One way to detect PETN is through its detonator, which typically uses materials that are easier to trace. Reid's shoe bomb combined PETN with a volatile explosive accelerant called TATP that can be made from dime-store nail polish and hydrogen peroxide. The Yemen printer cartridge bombs placed the PETN around small homemade blasting caps containing the chemical lead azide.

The best technological weapons that the TSA has now are body scans of passengers and X-rays of cargo and baggage. But the scanners can't see anything hidden inside body cavities, and their effectiveness relies on operators identifying something unusual.

The new aggressive pat-downs and the increased use of full-body scanners — there are more than 400 machines in 69 U.S. airports — were a direct response to last year's alleged bombing attempt on Christmas Day, when Abdulmutallab passed through screening with 80 grams of PETN, authorities say.

9+ years after 9/11 and now they start with these "hard" searches? cmon, thats BS. if its really because of 9/11, they are LATE... i think scanners are the best way to go and to make the passengers feel "secure" instead of coming to an airport knowing they will face "aggressive pat-downs."

The INTENDED message of these pat-downs were to provide security for travelers, but the RECEIVED message by travelers is not the same. Its embarrassing and stupid to strip and then on top of that be aggressively patted-down for no damn reason.

Let's put a powerful figure like Obama in one of these pat-downs. Then maybe [people will start accepting it.

9+ years after 9/11 and now they start with these "hard" searches? cmon, thats BS. if its really because of 9/11, they are LATE... i think scanners are the best way to go and to make the passengers feel "secure" instead of coming to an airport knowing they will face "aggressive pat-downs."

The INTENDED message of these pat-downs were to provide security for travelers, but the RECEIVED message by travelers is not the same. Its embarrassing and stupid to strip and then on top of that be aggressively patted-down for no damn reason.

Let's put a powerful figure like Obama in one of these pat-downs. Then maybe [people will start accepting it.

Essential1 wrote:
Here we go again Rex tries to come in and explain liberalism again...

Pick a @%#%%#@ side and stay with it.. Your diatribes are just flip flop positions now, and it is damn near impossible to know where you are on the spectrum of thought.. It really isn't on the map anymore... I can at least respect a conservative or libertarian who doesn't flip flop on every position, and then act like they are the all knowing after the flip flop..

I was not going to post and nor try to refute all of your reply because most of this particular reply was not very coherent nor does their seem to be a central theme of themes, just a collection of left wing talking points and poorly aimed personal attacks.

I did not try to explain all of liberalism, I made comment about the selective and depressing, yet ammusing, tendency of most Americans to invoke freedom and individual liberty only when their own interests are in danger. When someone else's interests are threatened, most Americans will offer either silence or an endorsement of somone's else freedoms being taken.

It is both sad yet amusing and ironic that a conservative NRA memeber will complain loudly about any intrusion by government to take or even monitor his or her guns but he or whe will often times applaud the war on drugs. Young liberals in California can talk about how the right must pay their fair share and that we need more money for "social programs" and "education" but when the state is broke and the Democratic governor raised vehicle registration fees, in order to balance the budget, he was recalled and young voters temporarily defected from the Democratic party and they elected Arnold as our governor.

The point is that most Americans (but young, left leaning Americans especially) are willing to sacrifice everyone else's money and freedom for their own narrow goals and at the same time they will often times become very angry when asked to give up even a little of their money and liberty. This phenomenon can be seen on the issue of the TSA's new and aggressive measures and how the public has reacted.

Essential1 wrote:
Here we go again Rex tries to come in and explain liberalism again...

I was not going to post and nor try to refute all of your reply because most of this particular reply was not very coherent nor does their seem to be a central theme of themes, just a collection of left wing talking points and poorly aimed personal attacks.

I did not try to explain all of liberalism, I made comment about the selective and depressing, yet ammusing, tendency of most Americans to invoke freedom and individual liberty only when their own interests are in danger. When someone else's interests are threatened, most Americans will offer either silence or an endorsement of somone's else freedoms being taken.

It is both sad yet amusing and ironic that a conservative NRA memeber will complain loudly about any intrusion by government to take or even monitor his or her guns but he or whe will often times applaud the war on drugs. Young liberals in California can talk about how the right must pay their fair share and that we need more money for "social programs" and "education" but when the state is broke and the Democratic governor raised vehicle registration fees, in order to balance the budget, he was recalled and young voters temporarily defected from the Democratic party and they elected Arnold as our governor.

The point is that most Americans (but young, left leaning Americans especially) are willing to sacrifice everyone else's money and freedom for their own narrow goals and at the same time they will often times become very angry when asked to give up even a little of their money and liberty. This phenomenon can be seen on the issue of the TSA's new and aggressive measures and how the public has reacted.

dude stole my idea
alg_jason_rockwood%20.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.co...eed:+nydnrss/home+(Home)

I was at the statue of liberty a few years back. I think they had a scanner that smells the air or sniffs for bombs/explosives.. Is that not realistic for airports? Maybe I am misinformed in what I went through. I swear I havent seen anything like it since.

It's funny though. What can do they about metro or rails? It's fast and effective. Do you go through 5 minute long patdowns every single time.

I've learned if people want to cause havoc, it can happen anywhere or anytime. Just driving around downtown streets, you realize that anything is possible. What's next. Checkpoints on roadways? Checkpoints for people just walking.

POLICE STATE is right.. Prepare yourselves

I was at the statue of liberty a few years back. I think they had a scanner that smells the air or sniffs for bombs/explosives.. Is that not realistic for airports? Maybe I am misinformed in what I went through. I swear I havent seen anything like it since.

It's funny though. What can do they about metro or rails? It's fast and effective. Do you go through 5 minute long patdowns every single time.

I've learned if people want to cause havoc, it can happen anywhere or anytime. Just driving around downtown streets, you realize that anything is possible. What's next. Checkpoints on roadways? Checkpoints for people just walking.

POLICE STATE is right.. Prepare yourselves

laugh.gif
the funniest part is..is RIGHT NOW, at this current moment, you have the choice to not go through the scanner or get the pat down
the scanner is pretty new, so at most they have a couple (if any) scattered throughout a checkpoint. If it's such a big deal to you, get in a line that doesn't
have one. And you aren't going to "randomly selected" for the new pat down if you get in a line that doesn't have one. So RIGHT NOW (can't really speak about the future though
grin.gif
, I'll be long gone by then though, so idc ) all this new !#@! won't even be effecting a majority of y'all.

laugh.gif
the funniest part is..is RIGHT NOW, at this current moment, you have the choice to not go through the scanner or get the pat down
the scanner is pretty new, so at most they have a couple (if any) scattered throughout a checkpoint. If it's such a big deal to you, get in a line that doesn't
have one. And you aren't going to "randomly selected" for the new pat down if you get in a line that doesn't have one. So RIGHT NOW (can't really speak about the future though
grin.gif
, I'll be long gone by then though, so idc ) all this new !#@! won't even be effecting a majority of y'all.

Back
Top Bottom