TURNER GILL SIGNS EXTENSION WITH BUFFALO!!!

Originally Posted by BulletToothTony9

Turner Gill is 15-22 at a low level school. Why is that so appealing? He has had 1 good year. Guy could be a good coach but he doesn't deserve these big time jobs. Brian Kelly went from CMU to Cincy. Urban went from Bowling Green to Utah. Tell dude to get some BCS love at a mid level school and then we can talk. Until then this talk about him being the most underappreciated coach in CFB is rediculous. Guys getting passed over like Gary Patterson at TCU is the real head scratcher. Not a guy thats been decent for 1 year at a MAC school.

what BCS love did Brian Kelly get? Cincy a mid level school? They do have an automatic bid to the league, you know?
laugh.gif

Here's what u don't realize.
Buffalo has periodically been the @ worst team in DI.
They haven't even been D1 for that long. That's what makes it such a big deal.

Kelly turned around CMU in the same time and then went to an entry level BCS school. I am looking at those 2 the same way. I think he should have gottenaSyracuse job or something like that. But I do not think he has done enough to justify a top job and have people yell about race. Chizik was a terrible hireIMO, but I can see why they went with him. Hes from FL, coached at Auburn and had success there. I don't think it will work out that good for Auburnpersonally but still it wasn't a reach.

Like I said, Kelly TOOK his own Name out of consideration for 3 jobs. How is he in any convo for coaches being passed over? HOW?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Like I said, Kelly TOOK his own Name out of consideration for 3 jobs. How is he in any convo for coaches being passed over? HOW?
I'm not saying he got passed over. I said that he and Meyer took the route of MAC->BCS contender->Top Tier job. They didn't gostraight from MAC to SEC or anything. The guy I said that was being passed over was Gary Patterson. Kelly hasn't been overlooked for anything. Just sayingthat his route is something that Turner will most likely have to take to get an SEC or Big 12 job. Thats all.

Living in Michigan, I know that Kelly hasn't gone after any of the big jobs. He has his sights set on 1 or 2 jobs to get him to the NFL. One may open soonso that is why he is turning jobs away.

Kelly hasn't been overlooked for anything. Just saying that his route is something that Turner will most likely have to take to get an SEC or Big 12 job. Thats all
Gotcha, Now I follow. My bad.

smokin.gif

Kelly hasn't been overlooked for anything. Just saying that his route is something that Turner will most likely have to take to get an SEC or Big 12 job. Thats all
Gotcha, Now I follow. My bad.

smokin.gif

Its all good. I kinda bunched a group of names into a common theme without breaking it down..

Man, this is HUGE. I went to a few Buffalo games back when I was in school. It was BAD.

Winning the MAC, going to the I-Bowl, AND keeping Gill around is HUGE for the Buffalo AD and for the school as a whole.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by The Wizard

The Next notre dame coach...

not happening. ND's schedule is too easy for Weis to not win.

next LSU or UMich coach.

HUH
If LSU underperforms again this year, I see Les leaving.
& if the spread doesn't work this year in UMich, I see the boosters pushing RichRod out because he has been rubbing them the wrong way.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

The Next notre dame coach...

not happening. ND's schedule is too easy for Weis to not win.

next LSU or UMich coach.

HUH
If LSU underperforms again this year, I see Les leaving.
& if the spread doesn't work this year in UMich, I see the boosters pushing RichRod out because he has been rubbing them the wrong way.

Bill Martins head is on the chopping block and has been for a while. If Rich doesn't work next year, Martin pays.

Originally Posted by BulletToothTony9

Living in Michigan, I know that Kelly hasn't gone after any of the big jobs. He has his sights set on 1 or 2 jobs to get him to the NFL. One may open soon so that is why he is turning jobs away.

Uhh that's wrong? BK has been on record saying that his dream jobs were BC and ND, both being catholic universities with tradition. He's never beenmentioned with NFL jobs or I can't even recall hearing any rumors of him aspiring to coach in the NFL. I don't know where you got that from?

Man, I must not be making myself clear today. I said he has his sights set on 1 or 2 college jobs to get him to the NFL. Not that he has 1 or 2 jobs open inthe NFL that he is looking at. You mentioned both jobs that he really wants and he will more than likely grab them to platoon him to the NFL. If the L calls heis a goner. I know dozens of people connected to where he coached that have said he has NFL written all over him and thats what he wants. I don't needpapers telling me what he wants, boosters and old friends mean more to me.

Guys getting passed over like Gary Patterson at TCU is the real head scratcher.
I still don't understand how he ain't gotten an opportunity somewhere...

But, he's also made it clear he's got no interest in taking a bad job... He told Kansas State to kick rocks, and I've heard he already told IowaState he wasn't interested...

Back
Top Bottom