Two inches of snow turns Atlanta into the set of the Walking Dead

The DOT handles the highways. But, he hasn't taken responsibility for what he is responsible for, which is the surface streets in the city of Atlanta. From the outside, everybody thinks he controls everything in Atlanta which he doesn't, that's on the leaders of counties in the metro Atlanta area.
the highways run through his city... 

so the point they were making is why wasn't he in coordination with those that ARE responsible for the highways

these types of problems can be somewhat alleviated by good public transit investments...

it wouldn't have completely avoided but you would have a lot less people on the roads, especially in situations like this 

The DOT handles the highways. But, he hasn't taken responsibility for what he is responsible for, which is the surface streets in the city of Atlanta. From the outside, everybody thinks he controls everything in Atlanta which he doesn't, that's on the leaders of counties in the metro Atlanta area.

the highways run through his city... 

so the point they were making is why wasn't he in coordination with those that ARE responsible for the highways

No doubt, that should've been done. Reed and the governor, have just been playing hot potato with the blame. I'm just glad I got home Tuesday afternoon, I took the scenic route. Shoutout to my Waze app :lol:

:wow:

Roads look AWFUL. Looks like a good inch or so of ice.

Happened in DC a few years back, but not to the level that ATL is seeing...

gw-pkwy-buttry.jpg

Cars were abandoned.

This Robin thicke cat is annoying as ****.

Been trolling this thread for over 12 hours. :smh: :lol:
DAMB 305 I THOUGHT U WAS MY DUDE :frown:

Lol we good... in TAN and the Get In Shape Thread.
I KNOW MAN WHATS UP.

MARK ANTONY THROWING DA HATE AT ME.

I THOUGHT HE WAS MY BROTHER IN IRON.

IM JUST BEING ME.

Ain't no hate, you just got your spots. Saying goofy **** gets amplified when it's in caps.

Officials need to be held accountable of their mistakes, but the people of these states can also think for themselves. If you havent experienced inclement weather like that before then stay home

Reminds me of the Debacle we had here back in like 2007 in Rhode Island.. But we had like 10" of Snow. I remember it took me about 6 hours to go home from campus which usually takes 30 mins lol. Kids were stuck on school buses till like 1am, even the Providence Superintended got fired.

Officials need to be held accountable of their mistakes, but the people of these states can also think for themselves. If you havent experienced inclement weather like that before then stay home

Weather people brushed it off. What you said isn't exactly fair. Par for the course in here with some of the outlandish things said doe :lol:

has nothing to do with a lack of experience driving in this weather... 

What a lot of people are forgetting is that it was just 65degrees on monday (at least in some parts of NC) then all of a sudden the next day it was snowing. Even the weather man couldn't correctly predict it when it was going to snow or if it was going to snow 

Can say what you want. The pics say something different. Regardless people are still able to make their own decisions
you do realize the roads were sheets of ice with zero traction, right? 

nevermind... no you don't  

I'd take attempting driving through 5+ inches of snow rather than dealing with driving over 1/4 inch of ice on the road. That **** is no joke.

I have family in Georgia, the hills are no joke. If the roads weren't properly prepped with salt beforehand, it's a wrap.

Those roads are straight ice, ain't no snow tires or experience can prepare you for that. In the NE the weather gets worse but they'd never allow the roads to get that bad so in essence, alot of us have never even driven on roads that bad.

this is my bm's street, she took roads just like this to get home (12 miles in 5 hours) ... imagine this **** coated with straight ice 

this is how a lot of metro Atlanta looks... hills WITH curves 

going back to making the decision to drive in it or not; clearly it is not easy driving on ice. This is why I say stay home; some did and some didnt. But it is a lesson learned for the govenors of those states now on what procedures need to be carried out to mitigate this happening next time

going back to making the decision to drive in it or not; clearly it is not easy driving on ice. This is why I say stay home; some did and some didnt. But it is a lesson learned for the govenors of those states now on what procedures need to be carried out to mitigate this happening next time
people were already at work man... they were advised that things were ok, it's safe out there 

they didn't see the ice and then be like, **** it, lemme run to the mall lol 

folks wanted to get home, get to their kids.... 

city set them up... said everything was all.... go to work.... schools open.... just another Atlanta January day 

then the swindle came and ****** was hung out to dry 

has nothing to do with a lack of experience driving in this weather... 
Can say what you want. The pics say something different. Regardless people are still able to make their own decisions
Son, are you blind?  The roads are sheets of ice.  

Let me guess.  You're that dude doing 60 on black ice, thinking that you're good because you're in an AWD vehicle, right?  The exact same dude I see in the ditch further up the road while I creep by you at 5 mph.  
laugh.gif

Some of you dudes are funny, man.  So many nonsensical arguments for the sake of arguing.  NT gonna NT I guess.  

It was a Poor judgment call on the city officials. If it started in the AM -call out. If it started mid day leave early. The city is obligated to make that decision, but it's understandable if they were never put into a situation like this. There was another snow storm here two weeks ago and the heavy accumulations began after lunch. Schools and workers we're let out early to avoid this exactly. I hope now that they have experienced such weather conditions the city will be prepared for future events. It is the city after all, suburbs get shutdown with the quickness.

It was a Poor judgment call on the city officials. If it started in the AM -call out. If it started mid day leave early. The city is obligated to make that decision, but it's understandable if they were never put into a situation like this. There was another snow storm here two weeks ago and the heavy accumulations began after lunch. Schools and workers we're let out early to avoid this exactly. I hope now that they have experienced such weather conditions the city will be prepared for future events. It is the city after all, suburbs get shutdown with the quickness.
Exactly, all I was trying to say. superblyTRIFE, I didnt come on here trying to argue with no one. My bad for the "experience" comment, it wasnt a jab; Im not experienced in driving on ice either

Back
Top Bottom