Two more cops shot in Philly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

c dub606

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm in a rush with no link but it's all over the news here in Philly. There's a group of cops looking like they're ready to go ambushsome house.

Two Philadelphia Police officers have been rushed to the hospital after being shot in Northeast Philadelphia Tuesday evening.

According to police, narcotics officers were serving a warrant on the 2000 block of East Orthodox Street in the Frankford section of the city.

The gunshots were apparently fired from inside the home, striking the officers. According to police, one officer was shot in the leg and the second officer wasshot in the leg and hip.

One officer was taken to Frankford Hospital, where he is listed in stable condition. The other officer was taken to Temple University Hospital. The secondofficer's condition was not immediately known.

Police said they are looking for at least one suspect described as a black male, mid 20s, about 5'10", wearing a 3/4 length black leather jacket witha white shirt underneath.

It is not immediately known if the suspect(s) is still inside the home. So far, no suspects in the shooting are not in custody.

The shootings happened less than two weeks after Officer Chuck Cassidy, 54, was shot when he walked in on a robbery at a Dunkin' Donuts on Oct. 31. He diedthe next day. A suspect, John Lewis, was arrested days later in Miami and is now in custody in Philadelphia.

There has been a spate of shootings at police officers recently; most of the wounded officers have survived. Before Cassidy was shot, the most recent fatalshooting of a Philadelphia police officer came in May 2006.

Officer Gary Skerski was fatally shot in the neck when a man robbing a bar fired a shotgun out the back door. The killer, Solomon Montgomery, pleaded guilty tofirst-degree murder and was sentenced to life in prison.

Philly is getting worse and worse with all these shootings.
smh.gif

What pisses me off is we catch something like 400 bodies a year in Philly (regular citizens, mostly young black men) and its just another day, but maybe 20cops a year get shot and its a huge story...don't get it twisted, its a shame they got shot, but its kind of an occupational hazard. On the other handmaybe half of those 400 were robbery victims/innocent bystanders, etc.

Its a huge problem when I can't hardly walk outside after a certain time without worrying about whether ima get bangded or not... This city is just not asafe place for its residents and something just has 2 be done. Now when people start catching slugs out on the Main Line or somewhere, watch its going to be aHUGE story...its a damn shame.

dont be surprised if they start busting heads. some attention should be brought to more situations like this self inflicted/imposed genocide that is going onin these urban cities.

killing cops = not fratty.

Police said they are looking for at least one suspect described as a black male, mid 20s, about 5'10", wearing a 3/4 length black leather jacket with a white shirt underneath.
thats describes like every black man in Philly... they better watch out.

why doesn't Al Sharpton hold a press conference when this happens... not just when the cops shoot a black guy holding a brush. If I was a cop I'dshoot first no matter because "dudes will kill you they don't need a reason first"

The dudes who shot them better get ghost quick. Shooting a cop is the dumbest thing you can do. My neighbor is an ex-cop and she said that if you do somethinglike that, when they find you they handle you.......in a very illegal way.

That's too bad. Parts of Philly scare me more than any part of NYC. Especially the northside. There will be a big crackdown ripe for police abuse as aresult.

I heard the crackdown in Newark started a "migration" to Philly and Baltimore...that true?

Folks from Pilly, what part of town would you call the area in and around The Vet, and around Genos and Pats, also how far apart would you say the stadium isfrom the steak shops?

why doesn't Al Sharpton hold a press conference when this happens...
Because that isn't what he gettin' paid to *%%@# about....

And I damn sure would
Not be walkin' the streets of philly right about now
smh.gif

Folks from Pilly, what part of town would you call the area in and around The Vet, and around Genos and Pats, also how far apart would you say the stadium is from the steak shops?

You scared youre gonna get shot driving from the vet to genos?

its not far...and its a few blocks behind south street and behind ...considered south philly i believe

Citizens Bank Park/Sports Complex= South Philly...and its maybe 10 blocks from the tourist steak spots....

Folks from Pilly, what part of town would you call the area in and around The Vet, and around Genos and Pats, also how far apart would you say the stadium is from the steak shops?
It's all South Philly. I live right by Geno's/Pat's. The stadiums and stuff are past South Philly at the very end. About a ten minutedrive.
As for all of the violence in Philly, I've always been aware it was dangerous, but I always walked outside on my own late at night thinking it will neverhappen to me. But now I see these dudes are merciless. Gotta take a few precautions.

Dudes better watch that Larry Davis Story

When a cop is killed they turn into vigilantes

They aren't looking to arrest the killer so he can have a trial.

They are looking to off him.

i am transferring down there to DEREXEL U, is it a safe place considering the other place?? i come around philly like occasionally - From what i have seen Idont think it is as bad as they are making it out to be. I think it is because i haven't seen the bad places yet or the cops just run into a bad luck everytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom