U know how much the jordan pack cost whole sale.. 164.50

Yeah? And your point. Thats the nature of business, you expect them to make what $10 on a product? Lol... And actually, I got the pack shipped for $265, so a$100 markup is not bad whatsoever for 2 pairs of jays. You know what these shoes cost to make? Less than $10 per, and you know what Nike pays the people thatmake these shoes? About 25-35 cents per hour. That should be your real gripe.

haha. my "spot" charged me 170 for the pack because I didn't like the XIV. I told him he didn't need to do that.

Yeah, that's terrible - the store should be made to give you them for that. Then the staff would just work there for fun and the electric companywouldn't mind giving you free electricity.

Maybe you should go down to your local Mercedes dealer and demand a new car for the value of the scrap metal, plastic and leather that constitute it.

Or go down to a local restaurant and demand food for the cost of the raw ingredients - the staff there would be happy to do that to you just for the pureenjoyment.

In fact, why not go back to the farmer and just give him the cost of the seeds and the feed for his livestock - then you could buy everyone a steak dinner forabout $5.

Originally Posted by bobyelenak

Yeah? And your point. Thats the nature of business, you expect them to make what $10 on a product? Lol... And actually, I got the pack shipped for $265, so a $100 markup is not bad whatsoever for 2 pairs of jays. You know what these shoes cost to make? Less than $10 per, and you know what Nike pays the people that make these shoes? About 25-35 cents per hour. That should be your real gripe.

AINT THAT THE TRUTH BUT I THOUGHT THEY WERE GETTING A LITTLE BIT MORE THAN 35 CENTS I GUESS I WAS WRONG ..ITS A SHAME
tired.gif
smh.gif

didn't any of the packs the only ones im getting are the 6/17 for the carmines. I made this post for ppl. to know that most stores (Mom n pops) that gotthe packs r charging 350 to 400 for them and 200 for one shoe. shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii disgusting word to KILLA.

Just go ahead and log off. Nike/JB charges 54% of the retail I believe. You act like businesses just started turning profits.

In London(Euro Countries the packs cost 309.00 Euros which is
[h2][size=+1]309.00 Euros = 487.8183 U.S. dollars[/size][/h2]just be grateful they aren'tcharging 500 dollars for a pack and its not that bad bro

Originally Posted by bdis1986

Originally Posted by bobyelenak

Yeah? And your point. Thats the nature of business, you expect them to make what $10 on a product? Lol... And actually, I got the pack shipped for $265, so a $100 markup is not bad whatsoever for 2 pairs of jays. You know what these shoes cost to make? Less than $10 per, and you know what Nike pays the people that make these shoes? About 25-35 cents per hour. That should be your real gripe.

AINT THAT THE TRUTH BUT I THOUGHT THEY WERE GETTING A LITTLE BIT MORE THAN 35 CENTS I GUESS I WAS WRONG ..ITS A SHAME
tired.gif
smh.gif

Nike was catching A LOT of heat in the mid-late 90s and at that time it was around a quarter an hour. After all that negative press they may have raisedit up to 30-40 cents an hour, but you're right, its still disgusting. But if they didn't do it for that price, they would just find others (very youngchildren aged 5-10yo) to do it at the same price. It's a shame, but thats the truth in companies like these.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by kdwallace

Yeah, that's terrible - the store should be made to give you them for that. Then the staff would just work there for fun and the electric company wouldn't mind giving you free electricity.

Maybe you should go down to your local Mercedes dealer and demand a new car for the value of the scrap metal, plastic and leather that constitute it.

Or go down to a local restaurant and demand food for the cost of the raw ingredients - the staff there would be happy to do that to you just for the pure enjoyment.

In fact, why not go back to the farmer and just give him the cost of the seeds and the feed for his livestock - then you could buy everyone a steak dinner for about $5.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

In London(Euro Countries the packs cost 309.00 Euros which is

I was just at my local Footlocker and they had the packs for £200 - $401 at the current exchange rate.

The XX3's were £130 - so about $260 - which is a little steep. You'd think with the decent exchange rate (for us anyway) that the prices would be alittle better nowadays.

just curious, but does anyone know how much it costs for JB brand to make a last? i hear new balance spends a substantial amount of money on lasts

Here we go again. As usual, nobody has given a credible source for the factory wages they're quoting. Of course the wages of a third world country intransition from an agricultural to an industrial economy will be less than American wages. All companies incorporate COGS (cost of goods sold) into theirpricing. COGS is the costs that go into creating the products that a company sells; therefore, the only costs included in the measure are those that aredirectly tied to the production of the products. In a capitalist, free market economy, buyers AND sellers determine prices through supply and demand. NIKE,like any other company, sets prices they feel accurately represent market value. Read a book.

The last is the form on which a shoe is constructed - resulting in the inside shape of the shoe. Lasts can be straight, curved or semi-curved. Inconstruction, shoes may be board lasted, slip lasted or combi-lasted

Nike is usually allows for a 50 point margin on most product, minus signature shoes. Jordan Brand, however, we are lucky to receive a 40 margin.

The shops have to make money its only a shame when mom and pop shops and charging more then $380.00 for a pack

thats how it is its like when you order parts for a car it might cost you 250 but the body shop can get it for 150

Back
Top Bottom