UA Curry 4

He twisted his ankle pretty BAD in the 4s today.

Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 1.29.34 AM.png

They showed him with crutches after the game and his ankle looked like a tennis ball popping out of it.

Hopefully, he’s not out for too long. Definitely done for the road trip.

I mean is it surprising? There's literally no support, heel counter or substantial material built into the shoe.

They showed him with crutches after the game and his ankle looked like a tennis ball popping out of it.

Hopefully, he’s not out for too long. Definitely done for the road trip.
Yeah his xrays came out negative. Should be ok. This is good tho for my fantasy team because KD has to step it up now. Need him to score 40+ lol.

Did he step on Moore's foot on the landing, video quality on twitter wasn't great. If he did, no shoe is going to stop you from rolling your ankle. Sometimes that happens.

When I was watching it looked like his ankle/shoe just collapsed in. I didnt really see him stepping on anyone (still can't really see in the vid)

*Edit after zooming in on phone*
Yeah he plants his forefoot, sorta loses footing, and then his ankle caves.

Last edited:
nah I don't think the league would allow it, hell the NBA banned compression tights for a while there (or they planned to)

the way it extends could be a danger to other players by taking less surface of other players to land

plus those things are held by velcro and goes under the traction, nba players put too much force so chanced of it breaking is high and it flying off and other stepping or slipping on it

I don't see the league allowing it

When I was watching it looked like his ankle/shoe just collapsed in. I didnt really see him stepping on anyone (still can't really see in the vid)

*Edit after zooming in on phone*
Yeah he plants his forefoot, sorta loses footing, and then his ankle caves.
Looks like his heel steps on Moore's foot and moore pulls his foot back as soon as he twists it.

Some takes about Curry 4

1. I like the shoes. It is new design (even it is mixed 11s, forms and others)-I can say the best design of Currys- Also, we do not avoid last Finals effect. Last June was momentum for Warriors, Curry and Under Amour
2. Mid sole is thin however, personally, I do not complain. It gives low profile feel. Traction is great. It is different with LeBron's. also it is super lightweight
3. Wht/Gold, Blk/Wht is the winner. it looks way better in person. So I like overall.

Last edited:
So can the insert be removed from the curry 4 shoe. Just got my all white pair and I can't remove the insert at all. I thought people said that they were able to?

So can the insert be removed from the curry 4 shoe. Just got my all white pair and I can't remove the insert at all. I thought people said that they were able to?

You mean insoles? Yeah mine comes right off. Maybe yours is glued down?

So I have been wearing my pair around casually and inside the office to break them in. I can see what people are talking about with that hot-spot at the flex point hurting the lateral side of the foot or pinky area. However its not too bad so far. Now I know this may change when I go to hoop in the tomorrow or the day after, but it has definitely broken in over the past couple days.

Cushioning is not too bad at all, I would say maybe a little more pronounced in the heel than the Curry 3, forefoot feels nice and responsive, not very cushioned but there is some give. Low to the ground and I like that.
(Disclaimer- I thought the cushioning on the Curry 2 and 3 was good, hated the cushioning on the 1, felt the one was too hard).

And for anyone insinuating it is the shoes fault for Curry turning his ankle, grow up. Any shoe in the world would have resulted in the same injury, nothing was going to stop that roll after he stepped on that guys foot.

Back
Top Bottom