Uber Driver killed by 13 and 15 yr old in DC

how does the psychological factor come into play?
what if these kids are evaluated and it comes back that they have diagnosed psychological disorders? what if they have a previous instances of abuse or trauma?
how does that affect the sentencing in your opinion?

i ask this cause i meet kids in the hospital all the time with psychological disorders, who do terribly violent things, that sometimes really go against their character. sometimes these things are correlated to some previous trauma or abuse and sometimes it's completely random and unexpected.
not saying this is the case here as i don't know anything about these kids but this is an angle that has to be studied. this isn't normal behavior by any means.

I heard something like if ems performs cpr on injured or sick individuals there's a chance they might break ribs, and they wouldn't be held responsible. Any of this true?
If you do CPR correctly you’ll most likely break some ribs.

there’s protections against being sued

1. asking for consent
2. I forget the correct term but it’s basically not being able to gain consent( guy is passed out) but you know you have to (if you’re trained). I’ve had to do cpr certifications 6-7 times so I should know this haha

I heard something like if ems performs cpr on injured or sick individuals there's a chance they might break ribs, and they wouldn't be held responsible. Any of this true?
As long as they performed CPR as per BLS/ACLS protocol, they're protected by law.

Also couldn't imagine how petty you'd have to be to try to sue because someone broke your ribs in the process of bringing you back to life.

these cases all go under investigation but medical professionals are protected.
unless it's obvious gross negligence or willful misconduct, i don't think they would be held responsible. if that was the case, you would really see a lack of ems professionals. breaking ribs unfortunately is common because of how deep you really have to push.
it's weird cause laws very state by state regarding who should help and who should not. i don't think anyone is obligated to perform cpr but a lot of states protect people who perform cpr without a certification with the good samaritan law.
i don't even think medical professionals are required to perform cpr in case of an emergency off duty.

As long as they performed CPR as per BLS/ACLS protocol, they're protected by law.

Also couldn't imagine how petty you'd have to be to try to sue because someone broke your ribs in the process of bringing you back to life.

Ambulance chaser lawyers will convince victims and their families to sue.

From a legal standpoint, what is the worst possible outcome for a "regular person" trying to revive someone in need and "further injury" takes place?

I come in ignorance. Comparison Ford Comparison Ford
If you do CPR correctly you’ll most likely break some ribs.

there’s protections against being sued

1. asking for consent
2. I forget the correct term but it’s basically not being able to gain consent( guy is passed out) but you know you have to (if you’re trained). I’ve had to do cpr certifications 6-7 times so I should know this haha

The answer to all 3 points is called the Good Samaritan Act. Usually however you would have to be certified in CPR or life saving techniques in order to administer aid or to not be held liable civilly for furthering injuring someone, be it breaking their ribs or worse.

With everything being said though, I'm far removed from this situation as I have no relation to either party, but if it were my father who was the victim, I would maybe initially be calling for heads on spikes, so I can see why some have that attitude.
Yeah it's understandable on both ends.

Also no one's blaming the victim by simply discussing the children, they are separate conversations, yes we are capable of doing that still despite social media trying to make things all or nothing.

One day some of you will have children, and they will do something stupid.

Anyone who frames their argument as "if it was my _______" is starting off from a place of emotion, which will inherently cloud their ability to analyze this clearly or fairly.
Yeah but I understand it, gotta leave some room for that initial (warranted) emotional response. I'm not immune to it, i've done it but time and space allowed me gain some clarity.

Anyone who frames their argument as "if it was my _______" is starting off from a place of emotion, which will inherently cloud their ability to analyze this clearly or fairly.

Lol I don't think it is normal to not have an emotional response if your family member gets murdered.

Emotional response aside I tend to take a hard line when it comes to inflicted loss of life as blatant as this whether its a cop or a 15 year old girl. If you deprive someone of their right to exist and there is NO REASONABLE DOUBT, you should be punished to the full extent of the law (outside of capital punishment). And no this isn't an "accidental death" or "manslaughter".

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican ...correct me if I’m wrong but awhile ago here on NT I believe you said that if you don’t reach a kid by the age somewhere between 11-13 that most likely that child might be lost and unable to establish a moral or ethical framework in order for them to function in life....something along those lines. If that wasn’t you or if I misquoted you please me let me know. If that’s the case..... I think that mindset might apply in this particular situation.

I hated my bum *** parents raising me. Two fools who didn't know **** coming here. I don't know how I survived with their ignorance. Practically teaching myself. I think that maybe one of my bias. Many family friends had better parents than mine. They raised their kids right and they reached the top of their game. I mention it to my parents and they admit they messed up after 30 years. They're basically in the same type of condition or position. Not so good.

I hated my bum *** parents raising me. Two fools who didn't know **** coming here. I don't know how I survived with their ignorance. Practically teaching myself. I think that maybe one of my bias. Many family friends had better parents than mine. They raised their kids right and they reached the top of their game. I mention it to my parents and they admit they messed up after 30 years. They're basically in the same type of condition.

Same here, but my parents, especially my mother, would never admit to it.

Same here, but my parents, especially my mother, would never admit to it.
I know. I don't wanna say it but it's not something good to admit. They know they have a guilty conscience. And sadly, I actually blame them for their own condition or position. Almost pointless really.

Some of y'all are bugging with saying they should do serious time.

They didn't mean to kill him. They were trying to get him off the car. They didn't run up to dude and shoot him and take his car.
Brah, it doesn't matter if they meant to kill him or not. The man is dead as a result of their actions. That's the only thing that should matter. If they had no regard for human life now ain't no amount of rehabilitation is gonna change that. Let em both rot in jail.

Man, a lot of people (not necessarily in here but comments I’ve see) need to cut the “kumbaya” let’s all hold hands, save everyone, ********. A lot of these little mfs in DC are wild because there’s few (if any) consequences for their actions. They’re not going to jail for life because so no need to even debate that, but they definitely shouldn’t be seeing freedom before 30, especially the older one.

Earlier in the thread, I spoke against blaming the parents for the children's behavior. I also agreed with posts regarding not putting the children in prison for life. However, I also have to make the distinction that I am far removed from the situation, so it's easy for me to make these posts. It's easier to say turn the other cheek when you're not the one involved in the situation. You're saying that "it's emotional" but this more than that. That man may have been the primary breadwinner for his family. They can go from living in a home and having food to being homeless and living on the street. His children may not recover from his death etc.

Yeah it's understandable on both ends.

Also no one's blaming the victim by simply discussing the children, they are separate conversations, yes we are capable of doing that still despite social media trying to make things all or nothing.

One day some of you will have children, and they will do something stupid.
I don't disagree. Seen cats who come from two-parent homes, never had to share rooms, get all the newest gear still **** around, do stupid **** and end up in jail and repeat the same mistakes and go back in. I have seen cats who have no reason to hustle do it anyway. That's just how it goes. Kids gonna do what they want to do cause they are still their own individual.

That man may have been the primary breadwinner for his family. They can go from living in a home and having food to being homeless and living on the street. His children may not recover from his death etc.
And as result of all that trauma could wind up making a really bad decision that results in the loss of another person's life. ...

And as result of all that trauma could wind up making a really bad decision that results in the loss of another person's life. ...

This is why crime spreads exponentially like a virus.

Violence begets more violence.

deuce king deuce king

Not sure about the actual quote but many kids I have come across are what they are by time they are around 15/16 years old. You GENERALLY don't see drastic changes from that point on.

It definitely can happen though.
From my experience 4-5th graders don’t make drastic changes if there were no interventions prior to that point. Life factors usually are set by then

Back
Top Bottom