Uber Driver killed by 13 and 15 yr old in DC

Dam……folks getting shot and killed leaving a funeral home. Can’t even bury your love one in peace.

Let TooOlfForThisIsh TooOlfForThisIsh tell it however I’m sure he want to have some “context” regarding this shooting before placing blame. Hell he probably doesn’t even want the shooter to go to jail…….it’s all about second, third, and fourth chances with him.

The fact that "sources" are calling it "gang related" = its going to be a long summer.

DC aint even set up like that.

Aint no command chain or structure in DC street culture. :smh:

The only organized "gangs" here are the Republicans and Democrats.

So there wasn't violence in black communities before drill rap?

Exactly. And, show me a gun manufacturer in the hood. The gun manufacturers NEVER get the blame.

I’ve never seen a AK47 or AR15 forged in the hood :lol: :lol:

Hip hop is 40 years old…. Murders were being committed well before 1978 :lol:

So there wasn't violence in black communities before drill rap?

SMH. Nothing worse than when dudes start acting brand new. Most of the local “beefs” these days starts with with young kids making videos about other kids or neighborhoods……and then the kids from that neighborhood feel disrespected and go seek revenge/retaliation. So yes drill music does help create some of the violence that we SEE in the neighborhoods today.

Exactly. And, show me a gun manufacturer in the hood. The gun manufacturers NEVER get the blame.

You want a gun manufacture to get blame for some random dumb ***** that decided to shot up a funeral home yesterday?? That’s like blaming a liquor company for a DWI fatality. Good luck with that champ.

Not sure why folks continue to deflect from personal responsibility/accountability on here just because it’s OUR people committing these acts.

Do gun manufacturers get royalties when they are mentioned on wax or are they paying the artists for the free advertisement?

DC might not have gangs technically but they have neighborhood clicks which is basically a gang. The funeral shooting was definitely retaliation for something. Once they find out what hood the dude who’s funeral it was it’ll be easy to narrow down.

Exactly Fam.

No need for the Press to start that "gang" narrative/propaganda.

This aint Chicago.

DC is street to street. No hierarchy. No leaders.

Even neighborhoods have internal politics because folks in DC are transient now.

Basically its about the money more than which click you rockin' with that week.

All in who you grew up with for the most part.

DC is independent contractors as far as street politics goes.

As soon as you try to be the big man calling shots - shots coming.

It aint the 90s no more. Barry Farms been gone.

There will never be another Rayful Edmond in DC.

These youngins aint having it.

Last edited:
The fact that "sources" are calling it "gang related" = its going to be a long summer.

DC aint even set up like that.

Aint no command chain or structure in DC street culture. :smh:

The only organized "gangs" here are the Republicans and Democrats.

They can not call them gangs all they want. Put whatever label on it…they operate like a gang. There are indeed chains of command.

There is literally a large hybrid gang of SE/NW neighborhoods calling themselves “Fox 5 gang” which included the person whose funeral it was. I can make a whole post about what’s going on in dc right now.

Damn near everyone on this page under 30 has a YouTube link I can share with you right now. 5 on the top row ALONE were Fox 5 gang.

I don’t think anyone is asserting violence didn’t exist before “drill music” but to ignore its effect on current culture right now is baffling.

Last edited:
They can not call them gangs all they want. Put whatever label on it…they operate like a gang. There are indeed chains of command.

There is literally a large hybrid gang of SE/NW neighborhoods calling themselves “Fox 5 gang” which included the person whose funeral it was. I can make a whole post about what’s going on in dc right now.

Gunmemorial.org/DC

Damn near everyone on this page under 30 has a YouTube link I can share with you right now.

I don’t think anyone is asserting violence didn’t exist before “drill music” but to ignore its effect on current culture right now is baffling.

I get what you're saying with Fox5 vs Cruddy...but like you said "hybrid".

The fact of the matter is DC aint built on "gangs" like that.

I just don't want to give the Feds/Police more power when they could have shut this down a long time ago if they wanted to.

They about to use this mess to create a whole new "task force" when we already have 15 different agencies here.

Them crews literally been active for years and telling on themselves even longer...since like 2017 :smh:

Last edited:
This **** deeper than Fox 5 vs. Cruddy. Cruddy is one neighborhood.

Fox 5 is like 15 different hoods at war w/ about 30 other hoods.

Not sure of the actual “score” but Fox 5 is down like 3 easy in the last couple weeks according to the streets. Just got a feeling imma see that Gizwop dude in the news soon :smh:

This **** deeper than Fox 5 vs. Cruddy. Cruddy is one neighborhood.

Fox 5 is like 15 different hoods at war w/ about 30 other hoods.

Its a mess that never should have happened TBH.

The displacement of over 20,000 people is definitely consequential.

Bowser Fam :smh:

Last edited:
Not sure why folks continue to deflect from personal responsibility/accountability on here just because it’s OUR people committing these acts.

Is rap the ONLY genre of music that exists? No one forcing y’all to listen to rap. There are tons of other genres and styles. Y’all are in denial. You actually love rap music.

No one is force feeding y’all rap. Blame the absentee parents. And hell yeah alcohol companies should be blamed but again, you guys would rather turn the other cheek.

Guns, alcohol, etc are POISON. I don’t even drink. I’ve seen what alcohol does to people.

It’s ironic you guys want to blame the MUSIC, but won’t blame guns or alcohol. It’s basically the same thing.

Same way y’all say the music can cause moods to change, so does alcohol, so does weed, so does the GUN, so does the DRUGS.

Go listen to some R&B or Jazz music

If you’re stupid enough to let a song get you tricked off the street, then you were a crash dummy to began with.

Guns were destructive before rap. Drugs were, and so were alcohol. Alcohol and drugs have been scientifically proven to make people violent but again, let’s take the easy way out and blame everything on a style of music that’s only 40 years old. Forget the centuries and millennia BEFORE rap. Human beings have always had a thirst for violence.

DC might not have gangs technically but they have neighborhood clicks which is basically a gang. The funeral shooting was definitely retaliation for something. Once they find out what hood the dude who’s funeral it was it’ll be easy to narrow down.
That part! The neighborhoods/Street beef is WILD out here. Dont even get started with the public housing beefs. Yall shooting each other over HUD?
Its a mess that never should have happened TBH.

The displacement of over 20,000 people is definitely consequential.

Bowser Fam :smh:

I absolutely have ZERO compassion for those that elected that mistake of a Mayor. She literally gave the middle finger to Wards 5, 7, and 8 and placing the blame over increase of crime to MPD, who in return places the blame on the courts, who in return places blame on OAG, who places blame on Bowser and Council. When the whole increase of crime is literally BOWSER and her City Council Minions to blame.

I swear some of you guys have ZERO depth or understanding of nuance at all.

****** keep screaming at the mountain top that "drill music isn't to blame" when nobody is claiming that AT ALL. Too many stuck on regurgitating corny *** political rhetoric about nothing to do with what's being discussed.

You ****** can keep crying with these 1995 *** Maxine Waters vs Hip-Hop "is rap music bad or not" takes. I don't care about some chicken/egg debate about violence and drill music. The reality is that the CURRENT culture on the street in every city across america is being heavily influenced by post-2012 Chicago gang culture...which is often documented in heavy detail in REAL TIME through "drill" music with a particular depravity that's FAR different from your retro "gangster raps" of yesteryears. ****** are not dying over turf or drug wars. I can show you 10 ****** who died this year alone for appearing in the wrong YouTube video.

Just like how homie scoffed at the "gang-related" notion and if you KNOW what's going on...you KNOW the **** was gang related. This is NOT the same DC from the "rayful edmond" era or whatever you ****** think you know about the city.

It's an extremely layered topic that seems to keep getting stuck on the surface in this thread.

****** keep screaming at the mountain top that "drill music isn't to blame" when nobody is claiming that AT ALL. Too many stuck on regurgitating corny *** political rhetoric about nothing to do with what's being discussed.

You ****** can keep crying with these 1995 *** Maxine Waters vs Hip-Hop "is rap music bad or not" takes. I don't care about some chicken/egg debate about violence and drill music. The reality is that the CURRENT culture on the street in every city across america is being heavily influenced by post-2012 Chicago gang culture...which is often documented in heavy detail in REAL TIME through "drill" music with a particular depravity that's FAR different from your retro "gangster raps" of yesteryears. ****** are not dying over turf or drug wars. I can show you 10 ****** who died this year alone for appearing in the wrong YouTube video.

Just like how homie scoffed at the "gang-related" notion and if you KNOW what's going on...you KNOW the **** was gang related. This is NOT the same DC from the "rayful edmond" era or whatever you ****** think you know about the city.

It's an extremely layered topic that seems to keep getting stuck on the surface in this thread.

All right, I re-watched the segment with Robert Freeman, and you’re right. The argument here is fundamentally different than the one in the 90’s.

When you disrespect somebody on social media or, you know, ‘cause we call that social media gangbanging or through a rap song then you must respond to it. If you don’t respond to it then you gonna be looked upon as week.

Back then the idea was the music glamorized violence and kids were imitating it. Yes, there was always beef -even gang beef- in rap, but the secondary scaling effects were what had people upset.

This seems to be much more about these YouTube videos as the medium of escalation. I guess it makes sense that the democratization of music video production would allow for much more widespread personal messaging.

Still, I do worry that nuance is not going to be preserved when this all gets picked up by mainstream media. Let’s see if the reaction maintains the distinction…

All right, I re-watched the segment with Robert Freeman, and you’re right. The argument here is fundamentally different than the one in the 90’s.

When you disrespect somebody on social media or, you know, ‘cause we call that social media gangbanging or through a rap song then you must respond to it. If you don’t respond to it then you gonna be looked upon as week.

Back then the idea was the music glamorized violence and kids were imitating it. Yes, there was always beef -even gang beef- in rap, but the secondary scaling effects were what had people upset.

This seems to be much more about these YouTube videos as the medium of escalation. I guess it makes sense that the democratization of music video production would allow for much more widespread personal messaging.

Still, I do worry that nuance is not going to be preserved when this all gets picked up by mainstream media. Let’s see if the reaction maintains the distinction…
What would the Drill music videos be confused with?

Well pardon me for not wanting the government to use this as an excuse to start that crash / gang unit foolishness when all you need is YouTube to solve half the crimes out here.

When I hear folks talk about gangs I actually come from that era but you right, my time in the streets has come and gone thank God.

In my time you had to actually be a gang with a structure and shot callers. Literally organized but my youngins tell me it ain't like that these days and I have no reason to doubt them. They ask no permission to hit a lick or make a play...and nobody is gonna stop them from eating food if they want.

It may be tomato/tamaato for some folks but I can see how Bowser will play this whole gang narrative in the next election and it ain't good. More "funding" for cops/law enforcement to do nothing but make things worse.

Meanwhile Maryland trying to pass laws outlawing felonies for minors. SMH.

Last edited:
Is rap the ONLY genre of music that exists? No one forcing y’all to listen to rap. There are tons of other genres and styles. Y’all are in denial. You actually love rap music.

No one is force feeding y’all rap. Blame the absentee parents. And hell yeah alcohol companies should be blamed but again, you guys would rather turn the other cheek.

Guns, alcohol, etc are POISON. I don’t even drink. I’ve seen what alcohol does to people.

It’s ironic you guys want to blame the MUSIC, but won’t blame guns or alcohol. It’s basically the same thing.

Same way y’all say the music can cause moods to change, so does alcohol, so does weed, so does the GUN, so does the DRUGS.

Go listen to some R&B or Jazz music

If you’re stupid enough to let a song get you tricked off the street, then you were a crash dummy to began with.

Guns were destructive before rap. Drugs were, and so were alcohol. Alcohol and drugs have been scientifically proven to make people violent but again, let’s take the easy way out and blame everything on a style of music that’s only 40 years old. Forget the centuries and millennia BEFORE rap. Human beings have always had a thirst for violence.

Does the music not promote drug and alcohol use in addition to violence?

I think on some level people want to participate in the things they are entertained by. Well adjusted folks with things to lose aren't generally gonna go commit a bunch of crimes cause they heard it in a song. But we know there are plenty of folks who aren't well adjusted out here, children especially, which has nothing to do with rap necessarily. Rap isnt the cause of these issues but I think it perpetuates the cycle. I think thats where the disconnect is in these conversations, people who are "blaming" rap arent saying rap is the root of the problem. It perpetuates and glorifies negative, harmful behavior. It most certainly is not helping the situation.

Damn near everyone on this page under 30 has a YouTube link I can share with you right now. 5 on the top row ALONE were Fox 5 gang.

The debate goes on in the hip hop thread all the time. Ultimately folks tend to deny it’s a thing because they enjoy the music .

They also tend to underestimate the influence media/entertainment has on teenagers/kids.

Also, rap music was very violent in the 90’s….. lol

Back
Top Bottom