Uber Driver killed by 13 and 15 yr old in DC

Bro you’re not interested in having an actual intelligent nuanced conversation on this topic. I said in the end of that post it’s not an EXCUSE for criminal behavior. Either you’re being willfully ignorant or you’re illiterate. Pick one.

Only a complete idiot would ignore how larger socioeconomics factor affect crime rates. There’s multiple studies on it. Read one, or ****, read ANYTHING, and come back and have a discussion.

Get your head out of the clouds champ. You just said folks are committing crimes because there’s a new dog park and beer garden down the block from them…….LOL.

You can’t find one adult criminal yet alone juvenile criminal that would say such a thing……let alone in court in front of a judge or jury. Not one. It’s clear as day a lot of you dudes have the zeal but no knowledge. Have you ever even talked to a criminal or just sat in criminal court to watch cases??

Get your head out of the clouds champ. You just said folks are committing crimes because there’s a new dog park and beer garden down the block from them…….LOL.

That's not what he said. You just tried twisting it into that. Failed pretty miserably in doing so TBH.

He's saying income disparity and gentrification are contributing factors.

You sound like you're wound up emotionally as it relates to the topic of juvenile delinquency. Understandable. But it comes off as disingenuous.

1700066757946.jpeg

That's not what he said. You just tried twisting it into that.

Actually that IS what he said champ. He said seeing a new dog park and beer garden can affect one’s mindset as it pertains to crime or the criminal element. I’ve been in this area a long time champ……never heard of one ***** committing a crime because of a dog park or beer garden. Bless his heart though. He tried as best as he could.

Actually that IS what he said champ. He said seeing a new dog park and beer garden can affect one’s mindset as it pertains to crime or the criminal element. I’ve been in this area a long time champ……never heard of one ***** committing a crime because of a dog park or beer garden. Bless his heart though. He tried as best as he could.

Obviously it's the being phased out of one's neighborhood part of the comment. It's not what physically goes there. But you already knew that.

It could be a dog park, trampoline park or spaceship. That's not the point. It's the act of being displaced from the community.

You're having a tough time with context.

Also @getback………in regards to your “contributing factors” comment if anyone suffers from income disparity they should be working 60 plus hours a week…….if not round the clock until you get to a certain income threshold. If someone suffers from gentrification that’s ground for you to work up to a certain point so you can OWN property, get out of public housing and take more control over your living situation.

Obviously it's the being phased out of one's neighborhood part of the comment. It's not what physically goes there. But you already knew that.

It could be a dog park, trampoline park or spaceship. That's not the point. It's the act of being displaced from the community.

You're having a tough time with context.

Hilarious……so now we want from “that’s not what he said” to “it’s not what physically goes there…..it’s what the dog park represents to the old community”. Bless your heart champ.

Also…..you can’t get phased out of something you own.

No offense but I think this might be a little too nuanced for you :lol:

Because you messed that up again some how.

Actually…….you missed the overall point. If you rent you are at the mercy of the property management and developers in the neighborhood.

Then again……you and others are attributing crime to newly constructed dog parks and beer gardens in the neighborhood so this might be too much of a topic for you.

Relates to the topic.

She’s wrong as hell. Nothing wrong with being the MAN of the house as a kid. Some kids are more capable and mature than others. I enjoyed every minute of being the only man in my house. Had I grown up with my pops present, we would’ve clashed so much. Me and him are complete opposites and have a completely different system of values. My opinion of man of the house = cleaning, cooking, knowing how to do laundry, wash the car, take out the trash, etc.

If moms sent me to the store by myself with confidence, that’s a good mother. “Hey, make sure they give you the proper change, receipt, etc” a lot kids (boys and girls) are handicapped once they reach the real world because they don’t know anything. Moms showed me how to balance a check book and all. Learned about credit, credit cards, property taxes, etc from moms.

There’s absolutely NOTHING wrong with a mother teacher her son these things. Then, when he grows up he won’t expect or rely upon a woman to do said things. People should be equally yoked regardless of single or involved.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with rewarding a good mother, especially if you had a good one. That mother who raises a decent son, should benefit just as much as his wife or girlfriend. Why? Because if it wasn’t for that mother, that woman wouldn’t have this guy who was ready made.

Not every mother is raising their son up to be the man she wanted. Some mothers are just GREAT mothers.

I need to stop rewarding my mother, who was a phenomenal mother, just because I’ve moved out and started a family? That’s ludicrous. Moms is the one who sacrificed, bought all the Jordan’s, madden, made sure I did my homework, made sure the fridge was full, taught me how to balance a check book or taught be about credit. I need to cut her off because I got married? Hell nall

Last edited:
I think the majority of juveniles who commit crime do so under the assumption they won't be caught. The punishment element doesn't become real until the cuffs click or door locks. A lot of that can be attributed to the juvenile brain not being fully developed. Also part of the reason why they stopped handing out life with no parole sentences to juveniles who commit first degree life crimes here.

There are always exceptions to that philosophy, and it varies by type of crime and other variables, but in general the punishment aspect isn't even considered when juveniles are in the act of committing a crime.
A lot of these kids have immediate family and friends who have been murdered or arrested for serious offenses. So they definitely understand the ramifications enough. They just don’t think they’ll be the ones who get caught like you mentioned.

Same time they’re too dumb to be committing crimes anyway. They legit go home and hide the gun under their bed. No thought process at all.

Last edited:
A lot of these kids have immediate family and friends who have been murdered or arrested for serious offenses. So they definitely understand the ramifications enough.

Sure. But a lot doesn’t mean all. It’s case by case.

Crazy thing is, if systemic racism wasn't so entrenched and everyone was given an equal opportunity, these "criminals" would be few or wouldn't exist.

At the end of the day money rules the world. Not having criminals means no need for judges, lawyers, prisons, police, correction officers, the companies that are contracted to supply these prisons food, clothing bedding etc.

We live in a sick world. Just like black folk as slaves were vital to this country's economy, black youth being indoctrinated into criminality is vital to the people whose jobs depend on them. Just like like then, everyone benefits financially at the expense of black people.

Crazy thing is, if systemic racism wasn't so entrenched and everyone was given an equal opportunity, these "criminals" would be few or wouldn't exist.

At the end of the day money rules the world. Not having criminals means no need for judges, lawyers, prisons, police, correction officers, the companies that are contracted to supply these prisons food, clothing bedding etc.

We live in a sick world. Just like black folk as slaves were vital to this country's economy, black youth being indoctrinated into criminality is vital to the people whose jobs depend on them. Just like like then, everyone benefits financially at the expense of black people.

What?? Stop it champ. I’m not saying racism doesn’t exist because IT DOES…….but y’all dudes gotta stop with these wild fantasies and excusing this rampant criminal behavior we see these days.

Nobody is telling or forcing these black kids to run into Louie Vuitton, Gucci or any other high end retail store and steal handbags…….and these kids dam sure ain’t doing it to put food on the table. They are doing it to flash these handbags for the gram, simple as that. Has absolutely nothing to do with systemic racism……absolutely nothing. Dudes better get off this falling for the victim Olympics routine. That’s not how the real world operates.

Also…….LOL @ “given an equal opportunity”. We have women out here who WILLING leave from their child’s father or break up their home because they THINK they are independent and “don’t need no man” and you up here talking about “given an equal opportunity”. Thus going from a two person household to a one parent household. Generally speaking ain’t nothing GIVEN in life champ. You up here Disneyland daydreaming. You want something in life you better learn how to work for it……real work at that.

It’s one thing for a woman to hope, wish, and dream but I don’t want to hear no grown man…..particularly on THIS message boards use that kind of talk. Some of you “dudes” need to and better toughen up. Now we see how and why some of our black young boys end up becoming soft and emotional talking about “give me an equal opportunity please” because they get that loser mentality from some of you dudes in here. Pathetic.

What?? Stop it champ. I’m not saying racism doesn’t exist because IT DOES…….but y’all dudes gotta stop with these wild fantasies and excusing this rampant criminal behavior we see these days.

Nobody is telling or forcing these black kids to run into Louie Vuitton, Gucci or any other high end retail store and steal handbags…….and these kids dam sure ain’t doing it to put food on the table. They are doing it to flash these handbags for the gram, simple as that. Has absolutely nothing to do with systemic racism……absolutely nothing. Dudes better get off this falling for the victim Olympics routine. That’s not how the real world operates.

Also…….LOL @ “given an equal opportunity”. We have women out here who WILLING leave from their child’s father or break up their home because they THINK they are independent and “don’t need no man” and you up here talking about “given an equal opportunity”. Thus going from a two person household to a one parent household. Generally speaking ain’t nothing GIVEN in life champ. You up here Disneyland daydreaming. You want something in life you better learn how to work for it……real work at that.

It’s one thing for a woman to hope, wish, and dream but I don’t want to hear no grown man…..particularly on THIS message boards use that kind of talk. Some of you “dudes” need to and better toughen up. Now we see how and why some of our black young boys end up becoming soft and emotional talking about “give me an equal opportunity please” because they get that loser mentality from some of you dudes in here. Pathetic.

… and they wonder why these murderous, suicidal, men lashing out, not being able to handle adversity, type of guys are rampant currently. Men are NOT designed to be emotional. That’s what separates us from women. Bottom line. Having emotions and being emotional are two different things. We all have emotions, but having extreme emotional problems is very troubling, for a man. I try to tell women this alllll the time. An emotional man, is a dangerous man. The ones who will kill their woman after a break up, shoot up a school or public area, etc.

You are so right. Modern Society is raising a bunch of EMOTIONALLY unstable men because it’s become acceptable for them to be coddled and rewarded for their instability.

All these male mass shooters, murderers, bitter men, etc have one thing in common. They’re usually the unstable type who feels like the world owes them. It’s sickening

There's a huge difference between being emotional and emotionally unstable. They're two different concepts entirely.

I think men should be able to express their emotions, and the societal pressure to suppress them leads to the outcomes described above.

If men can't handle their emotions, they deserve the ability to seek help without being shunned or ridiculed by others for doing so.

And I say this AS A MAN.

I'm not excusing this behavior.

I'm saying the rampant inequality leads to these societal problems.

You ever noticed how a black kid or white kid under 8 years old doesn't sound white or doesn't sound black? Societal influences come into play as they get older with one "sounding white" and one "sounding black".

I could've ended up as one of these misguided youths. There was a point in time I was headed down that path. I was in a predominantly black public school for one year (3rd grade) and my pops took me out and put me in private because he saw the inequality in the education that would hold me back and unable to compete with white, asians etcs academically.

I was fortunate to have my father in my life who was able to sacrifice to pay for me to go to private school.

I can't sit on a high horse and condemn these kids because circumstances put them in that position and most aren't fortunate to have a father in their lives to guide them.

Which is why I'm always quick to call out dudes, especially black men, who are out here cheating and womanizing because it just exacerbates and continues the trend of fatherless households which is holding the black community back.

I'm not excusing this behavior.

I'm saying the rampant inequality leads to these societal problems.

You ever noticed how a black kid or white kid under 8 years old doesn't sound white or doesn't sound black? Societal influences come into play as they get older with one "sounding white" and one "sounding black".

I could've ended up as one of these misguided youths. There was a point in time I was headed down that path. I was in a predominantly black public school for one year (3rd grade) and my pops took me out and put me in private because he saw the inequality in the education that would hold me back and unable to compete with white, asians etcs academically.

I was fortunate to have my father in my life who was able to sacrifice to pay for me to go to private school.

I can't sit on a high horse and condemn these kids because circumstances put them in that position and most aren't fortunate to have a father in their lives to guide them.

Which is why I'm always quick to call out dudes, especially black men, who are out here cheating and womanizing because it just exacerbates and continues the trend of fatherless households which is holding the black community back.
Although, I still strongly believe these juveniles need to be held accountable and punished to the fullest extent of the law(when they commit part one offenses, of course). BUT, I do agree with this post. As a product of growing up in a single mother household, it’s definitely tough. I was definitely a victim of being told, “I sound like a white boy” by my black peers. I mean, I did go to PG County public schools, which is a predominately black county. It was times that I try to “fit in” by speaking more slang, but clearly it wasn’t my style. Being ridiculed for speaking proper was something I struggled with during my duration of grade school. As I went to college and graduated from Bowie State, I definitely learned to just embrace it more.

Side note:
As times are passing by, I do notice women get intimidated by how I speak without actually saying they’re intimidated. I guess it’s deja vu, but this time I’m not going to change based of they like and used too.

I don't know the answer but if this community wants to turn around it's going to be solely on us & a portion of us are too far gone to save.

We can’t turn it around…you have to have an enforcement body to self govern and that opportunity was lost decades ago. Too much individualism. That video with the lady getting robbed, how many of y’all would risk injury/death if it goes wrong and possible legal implications jail time for it going right to help the lady? One thing for certain, I sure wouldn’t. Best course of action is to push for harsher punishment and more policing. The people paid to do that can take care of that

Back
Top Bottom