UC DAVIS Represent

Whoever is in my ANT 2 class, please get at me. The one person who said he saw me on NT in the chat room. K thx.

wuttup UCD?! good luck on finals...hopefully they won't suck too much. plus, shoe shopping always cuts the stress lol i'm prolly gonna pick up those XIVs on sat

oh, and game over, i was just in ftc last sat morning. where you in there? i gotta say wussup next time.

Damn screw dead day... screw our Spring Break, screw Davis. I just did our whole Anthro 2 class a favor. I'm such a gimp.

HAHA pkballr...I seen you in that chat.

I didn't say anything though. Funny how one class can crash the entire school web portal. Cat's couldn't even check their e-mail.

Davis is where its at.
Valley

I posted up the Final Summary Guide on the discussion board if you want to see it. This class sucks.

Good luck on your finals

"the Range is laffy taffy, make em duck like daffy
apples and bananas you could say im friends with Raffi..."

Haha... I finished in an hour... yeah, hopefully that curve comes through, or I'm about to get a C. lol. Damn Fieldwork Assignment and me not doing it.

I've literally almost killed 3 bikers dropping my ex off hella early in the morning half asleep.

These little bastards just dart out of no were.

Hey everybody.. I'm about 90% sure I'm an incoming freshman (just debating b/t a few other schools) and I just had a few ?'s.

First, Is there any way around the rule that Freshman are denied parking permits (maybe getting one through an upper classmen or something)? Because this is a big issue for me, b/c I plan on commuting to work and not staying within the area all the time. Also would anyone support being in an apartment the first year? I want to dorm just to meet new people more easily but at the sametime I'm looking at my car as a necessity and I'm not pumped about moving it around a hand full of times everyday. Plus the shear convenience of a bigger apartment is a positive for me.

Thanks for any help, I'm looking forward to UCD.
Cement Print "Mike" Chucks...Ima enjoy life from birth, to the nail in the coffin
Cus I'm only human i fear bein pale, stiff, and rottin...

NaLei-
Freshman that are living in dorms will be shot down for a parking pass (they're really mean about it because we have a bad parking problem in davis). I heard a story in summer advising that one girl got a temp one for a month or so because her gradmother was mad sick or something - other than that, they wont give you one.
I wouldn't stay in the apartment the first year, freshman year is usually when people drop out (they can't handle all the stress of the quarter system- and trust me its a @#%$). Also, having someone there to make you food whenever you need gives you a lot of time to adjust to the harsh schedules you'll probably have (esp. if your a science major.)
If you want a job, they'res plenty of on-campus ones. They'll probably help you somehow in your major too, because they're usually for researchers (science ones anyways). (jobs.ucdavis.edu/)
And, thinking about cost of parking vs. going back home for work, I think parking passes are about $372/yr. (www.taps.ucdavis.edu/)
Also i'm in a similar situation with your job thing - but I get picked up every friday. Also, unless your making bank, it's not worth going back and forth.
Some final thoughts: go to class - its a lot of $$$/hr/lecture. Don't waste it.
don't be the guy listening to the IPOD in lecture.
dont go to city college if you don't have to - its where good students go to die. (sorry you city college people out there).

^Or be like me, his roommate and waste your money, don't go to lecture, or when you do, listen to your ipod. College is more fun when you sleep through it I say.

Oh, and I won't have a car next year so I can sell you my parking spot if you'd like. Japanese reseller type price though.

Thanks for the advice Penguin.
Quote:
Oh, and I won't have a car next year so I can sell you my parking spot if you'd like. Japanese reseller type price though.
:lol:
laugh.gif
If you're serious pk, then give me your aim or email and I'll get back to you in a lil bit. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you were a freshman this past year right? So there are ways a first year kid can manage to get a parking permit/spot?
Cement Print "Mike" Chucks...Ima enjoy life from birth, to the nail in the coffin
Cus I'm only human i fear bein pale, stiff, and rottin...

There are actually some freshmen who got parking passes...but you need to have some serious pull to convince them to give you one...if you stay in the cuarto dorms (like i am) you can park for free on the street...you just have to find a spot and its pretty crowded during the week...its really no big deal though...most people act like @#%$ about it, but you can park for free with some effort.

ive had a few kids message me on myspace about this already...even if you bring your car you still should bring your bike for transportation to/from classes.
"the Range is laffy taffy, make em duck like daffy
apples and bananas you could say im friends with Raffi..."

^ or you can simply walk to class.

once you get used to campus, its easy to walk anywhere in 10 minutes

even from social sciences to bainer! i swear its doable!
Refs: WaGKaMaCuLLiT, drowzie, lindsj23
AIM: GameOverTripleH

My skateshop of choice: FTC Sacramento, Address: 1006 J. Street, #:frown:916) 444-4494
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/ftc_sacramento

Yeah, you can walk, but its a (explicative) to have to walk from Soc. Sci. 1100 to Sci. Lec, especially if there's hella kids in that class and arriving 2 minutes BEFORE class starts and having to desperately look for a seat. Yet another reason I didn't really like Anthro.
Valley

Anybody got suggestions for transfers? If all goes according to plan I should be transferring for Fall....

btw. im going to the Spring Tour on April 7th....anything I should check out?

Back
Top Bottom