UC Irvine

Originally Posted by yao11ming4mvp

Whats up NT,
After being rejected by the other UC schools I applied to, it seems like I'm headed to Irvine in the fall. So, what's the 411 w/ UCI?
well, could be worse--

you coulda ended up at Riverside
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

Whats up NT,
After being rejected by the other UC schools I applied to, it seems like I'm headed to Irvine in the fall. So, what's the 411 w/ UCI?
well, could be worse--

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ the name i drink your milkshake.

Whats up NT,
well, could be worse--

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

UCR>UCI

Originally Posted by 951guero

Whats up NT,
well, could be worse--

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

UCR>UCI
no

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jtbws15

I'm a freshman at UCI right now and its pretty cool. If you are dorming though, it can get pretty dead on weekends since its a commuter school but theres still parties if you know people. Theres not much to do around campus though, so having a car would make life a lot better.

I think you need to ask yourself what you think the definition of a "commuter school" is. UCI is not considered a commuter school.

I loved it, fun as hell when you meet the right people. Don't get involved with the frats, just use them for the parties. The ARC is a very nice workoutfacility, and I booed kobe when I saw him there. Friday afternoon games on court 1...

i went to UCI from 1999-2005. graduated with engineering.

academics and career wise-if u r gonna major in any field with plans on working in anything related to real estate, Irvine is the best place to be (subsequentto this economic downturn lol). there are so many internships available in south orange county that it's ridonkulous.

girls - if ur into asian girls, the girls from the abdc kaba modern crew some up ur options. also, aubrey o'day went to UCI. i think she's a fairrepresentation of MOST (not all) sorority girls at uci. lol

parties - most of the time, i'd go to Kaba, sig ep, zeta phi ro, or darkboy parties. parties are cool

have fun there. uci is by far one of the best schools to be going to in southern california.

i heard UCI is filled with asians..maybe i should have went there then lol. but i didn't know kobe goes there..

dude, i went there. its a bunch of geeks, kids that got bullied in high school that now think they can have a change in identity and be cool. everyone wearsrainbow sandals and has a freaking ipod. the trendiest school ever. by trendy, i mean jeans with the knees sort of ripped, rainbow sandals, shades and an ipod.nobody every talks to each other cuz they are too busy with their ipods and its GEEK central.

it did help me focus though, not really communicating with them or relating to any of them had me just in and out like the wind. other then that, its a greatschool with a great chemistry department.

all the girls are stuck up and everyone is so freaking spoiled and ayo there. my brother went to cal state fullerton, hot girls in the parking lot of hisschool then our ENTIRE student body.

kamakazipnoygt wrote:
Looking at your avy, it looks like you made the right choice
laugh.gif

Seriously though, it's a pretty nice school. Between LA and San Diego, which is good since I don't recall not having much to do at UCI.

roll.gif
roll.gif

My friend went there and every year he was the only white dude in the on campus suite or off campus apartment. Because his middle name was marco, we had tocall him Marco Polo when he came back from UCI for the weekend.

It is a very nice school, good academics, great campus, New Port Beach/Irvine are nice communities to be close to, it is fairly close to LA and San Diego andMexico. Overall it is pretty cool, as long as you aren't really into partying, Irvine is a good choice.

Originally Posted by tmoney85

dude, i went there. its a bunch of geeks, kids that got bullied in high school that now think they can have a change in identity and be cool. everyone wears rainbow sandals and has a freaking ipod. the trendiest school ever. by trendy, i mean jeans with the knees sort of ripped, rainbow sandals, shades and an ipod. nobody every talks to each other cuz they are too busy with their ipods and its GEEK central.

it did help me focus though, not really communicating with them or relating to any of them had me just in and out like the wind. other then that, its a great school with a great chemistry department.

all the girls are stuck up and everyone is so freaking spoiled and ayo there. my brother went to cal state fullerton, hot girls in the parking lot of his school then our ENTIRE student body.

this guy made no friends/did not smash his whole term at uci
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mixednuts

University of
Chinese
Immigrants

Have fun.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

anyway, my cousins and a few close friends graduated from that school. Been to the campus... looks pretty good.

Originally Posted by KB8isCLUTCH

dude, i went there. its a bunch of geeks, kids that got bullied in high school that now think they can have a change in identity and be cool. everyone wears rainbow sandals and has a freaking ipod. the trendiest school ever. by trendy, i mean jeans with the knees sort of ripped, rainbow sandals, shades and an ipod. nobody every talks to each other cuz they are too busy with their ipods and its GEEK central.

it did help me focus though, not really communicating with them or relating to any of them had me just in and out like the wind. other then that, its a great school with a great chemistry department.

all the girls are stuck up and everyone is so freaking spoiled and ayo there. my brother went to cal state fullerton, hot girls in the parking lot of his school then our ENTIRE student body.

laugh.gif
ok

i think i will be attending ther enext year too. its between there santa barbara and riverside... but im still appealing UCLA *crosses fingers*

Originally Posted by KB8isCLUTCH

laugh.gif
ok
you black? no offense just wondering.

Yeah i go to Irvine too. It's a nice place too. People are pretty chill. I'm actually planning on transferring to ucla after next year though justbecause the name itself will get me more job opportunities. But i like irvine a lot, the people that go hear are much more chill that people that go to highertiered UCs because the atmosphere is much more relaxed. It'sin a great location too but you need a car. You're basically in between SD and LA whichisnt a bad spot to be in. By the way, if you choose to dorm, pick Mesa court, nicer place. The food at middle earth is much better though

Back
Top Bottom