UCI or UCSB?

Uci suck balls....if you thinkin UCI got girls, well think again more like Fat stuck up asian girls.....go to any other school besides that University ofChinese Immigrants

wanna look for rich girls? go to OCC or IVC....I rest my case....they got playmates there

THis coming from a UCI/OCC alum

I graduated from UCI, and my wife attended UCSB for two years before transferring to ASU. I can try my best to offer my (our) vantage point on both schools.

UCI is not always as boring as it sounds. If you are looking for fun, you can always consider going Greek. I would not recommend this freshman year, as yourgrades will likely suffer (as much as they advertise a focus on academics) from the time constraints associated with pledging and maintaining good standing. However, if you are settled academically and are ready to meet new people, it is definitely worth while. The Greek community kind of compensates for thelameness associated with the campus and the rest of Irvine. It is a great social avenue for meeting girls and finding parties.

It is hard to hold parties if you live in an apartment in Irvine; like others said, the majority of my neighbors when I lived in apartments were families withkids. This is far from the case in Santa Barbara. However, for my last two years in Irvine, we found a house about a mile to two miles from campus that wasgreat for parties. We had to be really careful with noise, but for the most part we had parties last until 1 or 2 A.M. with no incident. In our two years atthat house we only received about 5 noise violations from Irvine P.D. We were always careful about timing our parties, two noise violations in a one monthperiod is a fine of $250 per officer responding.

UCSB will definitely give you the whole college-town experience, but you can achieve that in Irvine as long as you have a car to drive to Newport Becah. I hadAsian fever (I'm white) so I loved UCI.

What is your intended major?

UCI is stupid. its like 99% Asian, much like nt. ucsb is one of the nicest campuses, plus good partying.

In terms of girls, honestly UCI/Cal/UCSD/UCD are all not much different, from what I've seen...UCSB is on something else though.

Honestly, someone shouldn't pick a college based on how hot the girls are and how well they party. A college should be chosen on academics and what it hasto offer towards the major.

The parties and girls are to make the experience better not be your college experience.

What's your intended major anyway?

its pretty much if you wanna go home every weekend or now cuz at uci, youre so close to hoem and +*%$, you never really get away. at sb, youre forced to liveon your own more so.

academics, a degree is a degree.

stds, not true. but who doesnt bag it anyways?

UCI....... you cant be the ARC... best gym in the UC system, hence my ID. Ive been to SB, quality of girls there isnt the same as UCI. Brighter and more fitfemales @ UCI; drunk, easy, and dumb at SB. good luck bro and congrats on gettin into both schools!

Originally Posted by Escander45

UCI is stupid. its like 99% Asian, much like nt. ucsb is one of the nicest campuses, plus good partying.

this man is right.

I've heard he is the legendary niketalk census administrator-- he would definitely know the demographics of niketalk.

UCI is STUPID! Just follow this link to see for yourself!
http://today.uci.edu/facts/rankings_distinctions.asp

for the clicking and reading impaired, an extremely truncated list:
rankings for UCI graduate programs and specialties that have been named among the nation's top 50: literary criticism and theory (2), criminology (4), behavioral neuroscience (5), creative writing (6), health care management (9), organic chemistry (9), information systems (11), drama and theater (12), third-world literature (12), cognitive psychology (13), English (16), psychology - neurobiology and behavior (16), experimental psychology (19), gender and literature (19), philosophy (20), cell biology/developmental biology (21), 19th- and 20th-century literature (22), chemistry (22), psychology - cognitive science (22), sociology (27), aerospace engineering (29), computer science (29), physics (29), mechanical engineering (30), civil engineering (31), history (32), biological sciences (34), environmental engineering (34), fine arts (34), political science (35), engineering (37), biomedical engineering (40), materials science engineering (45), medicine (41), mathematics (47), psychology and social behavior (47), economics (48), electrical engineering (49), and medicine - primary care (50)[font=verdana, arial, geneva, san-serif][size=-1].
[/size][/font]

Also, it's not near anywhere 99% Asian. It's somewhere closer to/in the range of 42%.
And everyone knows of the shopping that can be done in/around the OC area.
Not to take anything away from UCSB though-- here's a sweeping look at a few of their own respective graduate program rankings:
  • Biology (40th),
  • Chemical Engineering (9th),
  • Chemistry (31st),
  • Computer Science (34th),
  • Earth Sciences (21st),
  • Economics (36th),
  • Electrical Engineering (19th),
  • English (28th),
  • History (32nd),
  • Materials Science and Engineering (3rd),
  • Mathematics (42nd),
  • Physics (10th),
  • Political Science (48th),
  • Psychology (47th),
  • Sociology (29th)

And of course, everyone knows of UCSB's legendary partying inclination.
Seriously though? It's your undergraduate work. It's pretty much all the same wherever in the UC system. It is what you make of it. I've got friends in both places and they reportpretty much the same things. Visit both, see what you like, determine which presents a better opportunity to help you further your goals for the future.

I visited some family out at UCSB, all ill say is if i could transfer to any school in the country, id transfer there, no questions asked.

I dont know why, but its only formatting it in a big$$@# paragraph. I transferred to UCI last fall. Academics and school wise, I love it. Campus is nice, mostof the teachers are coo. The ARC (school gym) is nice and is open late. Always in there ballin or lifting. The girls are coo. Mos def way better then Cal, butnot on point like UCSB. But you can tell that they are a little more sheltered and reserved then your average girl. A fair amount of the dudes here aresquares, or try way too hard to try to fit in. But there are also a lot of good people that I've met here so far. As far as it being crackin, its not. NowI'm from the bay, so maybe my expectations in this category were too high, so iono. Most people here at UCI call 10-20 heads in an apartment a party, whileI call that a kick it at best. so theres a lot of those. and weekly there are also some local clubs & bars that some UCI organization is having an eventat. There is alot of stuff outside of Irvine that is going on, but driving is a beezy, and theres usually always traffic here. I mean stupid amounts oftraffic. It makes traffic on 880 in the bay feel like a breeze. The city of Irvine is basically it's own little bubble . One company owns and has controlover pretty much everything in the whole city. Everything closes earlier than they usually would in any other city. But it is pretty clean and tidy everywherethough. And most of the streets are 50mph (some that are 60), which is straight because I'm used to it being 35 or 40 back home in union city.

Originally Posted by gymrat5

UCI....... you cant be the ARC... best gym in the UC system, hence my ID. Ive been to SB, quality of girls there isnt the same as UCI. Brighter and more fit females @ UCI; drunk, easy, and dumb at SB. good luck bro and congrats on gettin into both schools!

yikes... i dont know where this guy is getting his facts from, but according to maxim, sb is top 10 best looking schools nationwide.... haha, UNLESS yougot an asian fetish, then you know....

Dumb girls at UCSB? Maybe on IV, but its one of the best public schools in the country, #25 overall I believe. Its hard to get into so I wouldnt call someone"dumb" if they are able to get in there. And more fit? Everyone at UCSB looked in shape, the whole campus revolves around the bike path system thatthey got there and of course staying in shape for the beach that is pretty much on campus is a good incentive to stay fit. not sure where you are getting yourfacts from, sounds more so like you are stereo-typing a whole student body based on a few people you may have met or storys you have "heard."

Yeah sooo finally got UC acceptances,
got into ucsb and uci, of course,
along with ucsd, ucsc, ucd, ans sdsu.

my major was bio for most, going pre-med.
but im thinking ucsd for that.
but thanks for all the opinions.

Back
Top Bottom