unappreciation hARD DRIVE CRASHING LOSING EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!

Damn my desktop went down in the morning. Cant recover anything *!++ burned out. Lost all my pics, bookmarks, and my comic book collection. The music wasluckily in my external.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Happened to me, happens to a lot of people.

Learn your lesson and backup everything you have.

Then back it up again.

what causes this? Im about to cop a external drive with all these thread popping up

I have an external that I cant get my comp
to read. Do I need a driver installed or something?
Any help appreciated.

Been there, and it's not fun. Losing a TERA worth of stuff is not cool
mad.gif
. Try using raid as a way of keeping your stuff safe. You'll have less space, but your stuff will always be safe.

I feel for you fam, lol. Out of curiosity, what were you doing at the time it crashed? And what kinda computer is it?

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

I have an external that I cant get my comp
to read. Do I need a driver installed or something?
Any help appreciated.
Is the drive formatted?

Happened To me Tuesday. Made a post about it. I don't know where your located but there are places that can attempt data recovery. I found one place for$300 and then there's always this one expensive #!% company called data recovery. They said they can potentially get it all back but for $300-$1700 so...But yea good luck. My data is almost irreplaceable (glad i had all my mp3s on my iPod) but I gotta get back all my pics...

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I backup in duplicate

one separate internal drive
one external drive
Can you point me in the direction of these products.
nerd.gif

I should probably backup some day. My OG black Macbook crashed one day... a week before finals, and I had all my notes on my computer. They replaced it and gotit back in working order for free, at least.

^lol. yeah man. it's not like some crazy tech.
a separate internal drive in the tower, and an external via USB (yeah yeah, I know)

I don't mess with the backup software...I just move files over on a monthly basis

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I backup in duplicate

one separate internal drive
one external drive
that's what i got going
in fact, i'm doing a major backup right now

besides, hard drives are cheap now.

JoseBronx wrote:
what causes this? Im about to cop a external drive with all these thread popping up

- nothing 'causes' this. its just something you cannot avoid. statistically your hard drive WILL FAIL on you. the only.....ONLY remedy is to have morethan one, because statistically having 2 hard drives fail at once is like lightning striking the same place twice.

- just get another hard drive and periodically move all of your important files from one hard drive to the other......

my dad keeps telling me to to get a backup external hd

i told him to buy it for me then

he stopped mentioning it
mad.gif

i mentioned this in another thread but try putting the hard drive in the freezer, it cant hurt and worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom