Unbreakable Sports Records

You tellin me you don't think Bean could do that(33 points in a quarter)? He's already only been 3 points away from doing it. Granted it would be hardto forsee a situation where he would but he definitely could.

Originally Posted by JsindaA

You tellin me you don't think Bean could do that(33 points in a quarter)? He's already only been 3 points away from doing it. Granted it would be hard to forsee a situation where he would but he definitely could.
That is correct, I don't see him doing it. Especially now, with such a stacked line-up.

He has no need to score that many points.

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

Most points, single game - Wilt Chamberlain, 100

Best regular-season team winning percentage: Chicago Bulls, 72-10
cosign on Wilt's 100... I doubt the Bulls record will be broken anytime soon
laugh.gif

my other picks though are:

Wilt's 50.4 ppg average
MJ's 33.4 ppg post season average (anytime soon)
Wilt's 55 rebounds in a game

i believe this is the easiest record to be broken

msot of you guys already mentioned the major records....but i think the main records that will never be touched are....

Cal Ripkens iron man record, and Wilt Chamberlain's 100pts in one game.

Originally Posted by Respect21

Originally Posted by JsindaA

You tellin me you don't think Bean could do that(33 points in a quarter)? He's already only been 3 points away from doing it. Granted it would be hard to forsee a situation where he would but he definitely could.
That is correct, I don't see him doing it. Especially now, with such a stacked line-up.

He has no need to score that many points.
Ding Ding. 04-05 kobe would have a chance to do that. He has no need to do that now.

Lebron being the youngest to 10,000 will never be touched due to the rule changes.

Originally Posted by XxxxMT23xxxX

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

Most points, single game - Wilt Chamberlain, 100

Best regular-season team winning percentage: Chicago Bulls, 72-10
cosign on Wilt's 100... I doubt the Bulls record will be broken anytime soon
laugh.gif

my other picks though are:

Wilt's 50.4 ppg average
MJ's 33.4 ppg post season average (anytime soon)
Wilt's 55 rebounds in a game
i believe this is the easiest record to be broken

yes I agree, especially since I don't see anyone ever touching Wilt's records, but I said not anytime soon, meaning in the next several years orso...

the only active player that is even close to that average is Iverson with 30.4 ppg, and I can't see him exploding for 40 or 50 pts in the playoffs asmuch these days...

1972 Dolphins
worldbeefreeg:
Roger Maris- 61
I have to disagree; while it hasn't been legitimately broken yet, I think it will be legitimately broken someday.

Cy Young: 511 Wins 316 losses, Young won 30 or more games in a season five times!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Roger Clemens: 354 Wins 184 losses.

YOU CAN DO THE MATH

Im calling ducktales on Wilt scoring 100 points in a game. Strange how there was no cameras around to film it

I would disagree with the NBA records and the MLB records you posted.

Kobe was able to get 81 in one game and he was also able to get 62 points in just three quarters. He could one day put up a 50 point half and come out ofintermission and do it again and may 1 or 2 on top of that to break the record. It still would be tough to do it because Wilt's 100 points came in an erathat was much more uptempo. In his 100 point game, for instance, his teammates still managed to score 69 points and the hapless Knicks scored 149 points inthat loss.

The 72-10 mark can be broken. The Laker's 69 win season in '71-'72 was the standard for regular season wins until the Bulls won 72 games a quartercentury later. There will one day be a very talented team that fr some reason has something to prove and also gets the benefit of having no major injuries thatwill win 73 or 74 games beacuse of talent and a high level of focus in all 82 games.

In Major League baseball, most hitting records are liable to be broken. The game is rigged currently to help hitters and reduce the impact of great pitching.One day Cal Ripken's record could be surpassed due to better and better conditioning that can extend players' careers.

I do agree with your take on the NCAA basketball and the NHL records. NCAA hoops will never produce a team as good as John Wooden's UCLA squads. Thegreat college players really stick around for more than a year so parity s much greater than it was a few decades ago.

Wayne Gretsky's point total will likely not be broken any time soon. NHL Hockey is much slower and lower scoring than it was during Wayne Gretzky'sprime years. Unless the NHL enforces its rules better and allows for a more free flowing game, no one will pile on the goals and assist like the Great Onedid.

He could one day put up a 50 point half and come out of intermission and do it again and may 1 or 2 on top of that to break the record.

comon man...

I like Kobe as much as the next guy, but lets be realistic
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom