UNC knocked out of NCAA Tournament Appreciation

Originally Posted by show time 96

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I've been telling boys since Roy was in KU that he wasn't a GREAT coach per se` but a damn good recruiter.

The two times he's won it he's outright had more talent than EVERYONE and didn't really have to do much coaching wise.

What does Roy in game coaching have to do wit today L ? it was a tight game UNC lost the game cuz  of  turnovers  real random one's at that

He does a poor job of adjusting to not having the better talent at 3 separate position at all times.

If the talent level isn't despairingly obviously in his favor than he's a B level coach at best.  He could never do what Izzo did with his championship teams or what K did with that last group... Hell or what Stevens did with those Butler squads.  But his name carries weight like he does.

that Reggie bullock turnover with under 3 mins to go wasn't Random? no one was on him 

I'm not saying Roy is a Good in game coach 
laugh.gif
 No excuses tho  but let's not act like Kendall wasn't out there

Great recruiter? Meh Chapel Hill recruits itself. I fail to see what he does well. Not much better than Doherty.

I've been telling boys since Roy was in KU that he wasn't a GREAT coach per se` but a damn good recruiter.

The two times he's won it he's outright had more talent than EVERYONE and didn't really have to do much coaching wise.

What do you mean he really didn't have to do much coaching wise? Coaching is more than X's & O's, it's also about
getting all these talented mofo's to play together and fit in in a system even though that system might not be tailored to

their strengths. Doesn't being a damn good recruiter take you from being just a good coach to being a great coach?

However in the X's and O's dept, Roy can even leave people with no hands scratching their heads about his in game adjustments 

and things of that nature (word to not going over ball screens against Duke
mad.gif
).

Originally Posted by Chuck Finster

Great recruiter? Meh Chapel Hill recruits itself. I fail to see what he does well. Not much better than Doherty.

THIS. Just a faster system than Doherty. Jordan and Dean's name's can land recruits there alone

Originally Posted by Chuck Finster

I can't go this far bruh
laugh.gif
... Whoa.

@ Show Time 96 Yea Kendall would've definitely changed the game... Not telling how much but yea.

But that adds to what I said he's more a product of having the best talent possible.  He gets Cal level talent with a couple of years experience at UNC, and that's how he's got his two banners.

Originally Posted by woody2626

Originally Posted by alkaTREz

Originally Posted by outkast9984

ok?....its a loss....in the end unc won the regular season ACC title and owned Duke....

fixed

They dont hand out trophies for the acc regular season champ. They split the series also, nice try
Well let's be completely honest here.  Would you agree that UNC clearly had the better squad and more successful season than Duke?

Lost Dexter Strickland and Kendall Marshall and still took it to Kansas. We played with heart and dignity.

Go take some Avapro, man.

leslie too

Roy needs a PG and his was inured, y'all just piling on now.
Duke fans really talking on twitter about "well if we still had Kyrie Irving," the man played 10 games for y'all and bounced, that ain't a what-if
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Kyrie coming to Duke after they had been recruiting him for 2yrs prior officially pushed him over the edge to loathing us
laugh.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

fixed

They dont hand out trophies for the acc regular season champ. They split the series also, nice try

Well let's be completely honest here.  Would you agree that UNC clearly had the better squad and more successful season than Duke?

Better Squad: Hands Down

More Successful: Naaaaah... For K to get those kids to play and win like they did throughout the year I'll give the nod to Duke. Based off talent alone that Duke squad was lucky to win 20 games   That UNC squad was supposed to be CHIP or bust and well...

Tar Heels did get hit pretty bad with the injury bug: Strickland, McDonald, and Marshall (at the most inopportune time). No excuses in the tourney though. 

fixed

Better Squad: Hands Down

More Successful: Naaaaah... For K to get those kids to play and win like they did throughout the year I'll give the nod to Duke. Based off talent alone that Duke squad was lucky to win 20 games   That UNC squad was supposed to be CHIP or bust and well...

Come on Cake
laugh.gif
.. Just because the squad wasn't a legit national title contender we don't have to act like it's not a squad full of players highly thought of coming out of college. You acting like he coached up a squad full of bums, which isn't true. This is still a squad full of McDAA.

I'm not saying they were bums but they aren't anywhere near being considered a talented team now are they?

Back
Top Bottom