UNDENIABLE Hip Hop Classic Albums (NO skips)/Albums considered Classic that aren't

Originally Posted by heelish

LOL @ "troll". There are lots of people that don't get the thread. This is STRICTLY for rap albums that have NO SKIPPABLE songs. How hard is this thread to follow?

Out of the albums I've listed, only 7 are in my favorite albums. You can have classic albums that have skips but that's not what this topic is about. For example, I listen to 2001, GRODT, Hell On Earth, Street's Disciple, & American Gangster more than most of the CD's I put up. Do I skip some songs on those albums? Hell yeah, but I still love them.

Look, there is NO WAY Canibus is better than BIG or Tupac. Those rankings are based on technical rapping skills, to prove why I called Andre 3000 the Road Dogg of rap.
I'd consider Immortal Technique a Tier 0 rapper but the dude is straight trash for the most part, he wouldn't even crack my top 100.
Three 6 Mafia & Project Pat are Lil Boosie status when it comes to rapping but they have classic tracks out the a*ss.
When it comes down to it, there are only THREE actual rap ARTISTS, and they are Tupac, Nas, & Kanye West. 'Ye & Pac aren't "lyrical" like Pun or Jay but their music is timeless.
All 3 are in different tier spots so the rankings don't mean sh*t when it comes to the top spots. There is a difference between best & favorite, like I said, it's all opinion.

Life After Death can be a classic to you, that's cool and all... but it has Biggie's worst three songs on the 2nd disc, how can anyone co-sign those songs?

Lupe Fiasco lost ALL hope in being top anything, he was on a roll based off the strength of his mixtapes & first 2 albums. Don't know why he f*cked it up for himself. Still the best rapper from the 2000's.

Mac Dre is just like Souljah Slim & Slim Dunkin. Trash when they were alive & s*cked off when they died. That's some demonic sh*t.

I love Outkast, I really do. I'd consider all their albums minus Speakerboxxx classics to near-classic, but they all have songs I skip over. Therefore, those albums don't count when it comes to this thread. I swear some of you are dense as hell. 3K is still the most overrated, followed by Jigga, and Jay is top 5.

And Black Thought is definitely Tier 0, can't believe I forgot him. That does not make him top 10 or anything. The Roots are a top 10 group though.

How can ANYONE co-sign trash like "Ain't No N*gga" off RD?!? Are you guys kidding me?

Agreed about Common. Him, Tupac, & Nas have the best overall discography in hip-hop history.

Excuse my avatar and sig but please explain to me how Jay-Z is not a good Lyricist? This man is one of the greatest to ever do it, and this is coming from one of BIGGEST DIE HARD NAS FANS ON PLANET EARTH. So what if he has club bangers on his albums? Jay-Z has the ability to entertain in every aspect. You said Ready To Die is worthy of being an undeniable classic, so how do you explain "Big Poppa"? Or what about "One More Chance", or "Friend of Mine"?

Originally Posted by AJMasta

LOL @ "troll". There are lots of people that don't get the thread. This is STRICTLY for rap albums that have NO SKIPPABLE songs. How hard is this thread to follow?

Out of the albums I've listed, only 7 are in my favorite albums. You can have classic albums that have skips but that's not what this topic is about. For example, I listen to 2001, GRODT, Hell On Earth, Street's Disciple, & American Gangster more than most of the CD's I put up. Do I skip some songs on those albums? Hell yeah, but I still love them.

Look, there is NO WAY Canibus is better than BIG or Tupac. Those rankings are based on technical rapping skills, to prove why I called Andre 3000 the Road Dogg of rap.
I'd consider Immortal Technique a Tier 0 rapper but the dude is straight trash for the most part, he wouldn't even crack my top 100.
Three 6 Mafia & Project Pat are Lil Boosie status when it comes to rapping but they have classic tracks out the a*ss.
When it comes down to it, there are only THREE actual rap ARTISTS, and they are Tupac, Nas, & Kanye West. 'Ye & Pac aren't "lyrical" like Pun or Jay but their music is timeless.
All 3 are in different tier spots so the rankings don't mean sh*t when it comes to the top spots. There is a difference between best & favorite, like I said, it's all opinion.

Life After Death can be a classic to you, that's cool and all... but it has Biggie's worst three songs on the 2nd disc, how can anyone co-sign those songs?

Lupe Fiasco lost ALL hope in being top anything, he was on a roll based off the strength of his mixtapes & first 2 albums. Don't know why he f*cked it up for himself. Still the best rapper from the 2000's.

Mac Dre is just like Souljah Slim & Slim Dunkin. Trash when they were alive & s*cked off when they died. That's some demonic sh*t.

I love Outkast, I really do. I'd consider all their albums minus Speakerboxxx classics to near-classic, but they all have songs I skip over. Therefore, those albums don't count when it comes to this thread. I swear some of you are dense as hell. 3K is still the most overrated, followed by Jigga, and Jay is top 5.

And Black Thought is definitely Tier 0, can't believe I forgot him. That does not make him top 10 or anything. The Roots are a top 10 group though.

How can ANYONE co-sign trash like "Ain't No N*gga" off RD?!? Are you guys kidding me?

Agreed about Common. Him, Tupac, & Nas have the best overall discography in hip-hop history.

Excuse my avatar and sig but please explain to me how Jay-Z is not a good Lyricist? This man is one of the greatest to ever do it, and this is coming from one of BIGGEST DIE HARD NAS FANS ON PLANET EARTH. So what if he has club bangers on his albums? Jay-Z has the ability to entertain in every aspect. You said Ready To Die is worthy of being an undeniable classic, so how do you explain "Big Poppa"? Or what about "One More Chance", or "Friend of Mine"?

If you read the post he did give Jay credit for being a good lyricist.

What I dont get is how someone can be overrated but still top 5
laugh.gif

Beans- The Reason
Philly Freezer- Philadelphia Freeway

Didn't see these mentioned

How is Lupe the best rapper in the 2000's when Jay gave us three classics in the 2000's?

AWOL?  Word?  AZ is the standard regarding an album littered w/ filler tracks.  Doe or Die is the closest thing he has to classic.  
Canibus?  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And your sentiments regarding 'Kast are laughable, at best.  

Jay is overrated because everyone says he's the GOAT when he's not. There is no way he's better than Nas or Tupac in any way, maybe "lyrically"... but then again so are Canibus & Big Pun and they're not top 5.
Lupe is the best rapper that debuted in the 2000's is what I meant. Who else is better than him? Drake? Lil B? Big Sean? 
roll.gif

I don't care if it's a club track or not, it can be dope still. Jigga has "Change Clothes" & "Dirt Off Your Shoulder", classic tracks that are played in clubs. I consider "Big Poppa" a classic, but not "Nasty Boy" because it's a trash song, regardless if it's a club banger or not. I'm not an "elitist" as someone claimed, I listen to Snoop & Three 6 Mafia & they're not the most "lyrical" dudes ever. This topic is strictly for albums that you don't skip a single track on. What's so hard for you guys to understand?

And there's no way Jay had three classics, but ya know what, I love American Gangster other than "Hello Brooklyn", which isn't trash at all but Lil Wayne ruined it. It's dope otherwise.

And Philadelpha Freeway/Reason are personal classics, still skip a song or two on both CD's though. It's all opinion like I said.

T.I-Trap Muzik
UGK-Ridin Dirty
Jay-z Black Album
Common-Like Water for Chocolate
De la Soul-The Grind date.
Kanye West-Late Registration.

Originally Posted by SteveSoFresh

How is Lupe the best rapper in the 2000's when Jay gave us three classics in the 2000's?
Besides Blueprint, which other 2 of his albums would you consider classic after that came out?

I'd call TBA a classic before BP. I have no idea what he's talking about 3 though.

Blueprint, The Black Album & American Gangster where pretty much all classics in my eyes.

Man... I can't believe what I'm reading. Classics?

How are Below the Heavens by Blu & Exile and A Piece of Strange by Cunninglinguists not even mentioned?!

American Gangster by Jay-Z?

NT, I am disappoint
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom