Under Armour Curry 10

I wish they would give us a reason to be excited about this besides Steph getting the bag,

gonna be a lots of stuff for UA to get straightened out first, but getting this deal settled was the priority and there's gonna be lots of exciting stuff down the pipeline now that this will get curry brand officially separate from UA and they'll get to start doing more fun stuff, just gonna be some patience as they get things sorted out internally the next year

gonna be a lots of stuff for UA to get straightened out first, but getting this deal settled was the priority and there's gonna be lots of exciting stuff down the pipeline now that this will get curry brand officially separate from UA and they'll get to start doing more fun stuff, just gonna be some patience as they get things sorted out internally the next year

You at either UA or his Brand?

You at either UA or his Brand?

have a close relationship with someone that is at the head of UA bball/curry brand and that's the plan for what they have. cant really say much else but this deal is going to give the team a bigger budget and there's also a potential athlete that they are super hopeful to have signed

have a close relationship with someone that is at the head of UA bball/curry brand and that's the plan for what they have. cant really say much else but this deal is going to give the team a bigger budget and there's also a potential athlete that they are super hopeful to have signed

That's great to hear! I'm in bmore so I had a friend on campus and had played ball there a couple times. City always kinda has a stake in UA's success. I hope they pull something off here, because it hasn't looked good in quite some time, future-wise. If you ever get the chance, tell them to make some stuff for the outdoor hoopers! We outchea! :lol:

I wish they would give us a reason to be excited about this besides Steph getting the bag,

I agree. I'm not gonna say that IA dropped the ball, but they have lost the interest of the general public and basketball shoe fans.

And I honestly don't know what they can do to regain it?

I also thought Steph already had a lifetime deal.

I agree. I'm not gonna say that IA dropped the ball, but they have lost the interest of the general public and basketball shoe fans.

I thought so too (lifetime deal). They’re telling the wrong stories with his shoes, his PEs tend to be more interesting than what they release.

I think they did drop the ball tbh

They 100% dropped the ball. You have the greatest shooter of all time who has literally, not figuratively, literally changed the way basketball is played now, and they have ****all to show for it with shoe sales.

I mean a much more softer flow cushion would be a start and actually putting out good colorways of the retro Curry's would be even better. If they lag another year and put out another Curry 8 type shoe, they're toast.

I wonder what protections or opt-outs or conditions there are for if UA gets taken over. If UA gets bought I wonder if Steph got it so that he can spin the brand out on its own, or negotiate or otherwise operate on their own to do what's best for Curry Brand? Like how wild would it be if UA got bought and then Steph took Curry Brand and get it subsumed under some other major shoemaker's umbrella. I probably used some words wrong there, but you get the point.

I mean a much more softer flow cushion would be a start and actually putting out good colorways of the retro Curry's would be even better. If they lag another year and put out another Curry 8 type shoe, they're toast.
Wait I'm lost..... What does "put out another Curry 8 type shoe" mean? I thought it was a great shoe that was well received. Albeit didn't have the most amazing colorways but got the basics covered and got the job done with great performance (way better than the 4-7).

8-10 are great performers no doubt. However design wise they all look so similar. The 9s can pass for an 8.5 and the 10s a 9.5.

UA release strategy was a head scratcher. Lack of cw and limited availability has also hurt curry brand. All the 8s that the public were able to purchase looked like team cw. UA must have known Curry was on route to break the all time 3pt record when it was time for the 9s to drop. Curry was also having a monster year and gsw ended up winning it all. And what did UA do? Release a super limited CW at 2am on a random night. While all of this was happening UA released “flotro” remakes of there past shoes. And how did they release it? Super Limited as well… I think they could have really shook up the game if they released the 9s and flotros in masses and marketed the brand better. For me the 10s are an afterthought. I‘ve lost interest in the brand all together and it’s going to take a lot for the 11s to gain my attention.

Another Curry 8 type shoe?! Toast? I LOVE the “Curry 8 type shoe”. Of the three 8 type shoes, the 9s are my favorite. Those had a bunch of quality cws. The Curry line lately is very akin to the Kobe 4-10, as those all looked similar to an extent too.

I know the most are disappointed in UA, but I think they actually did a good job with these releases and colorways. I like how they’ve usually paired the latest 10 cw with the originals in retro form.

Love Curry. Love UA. I've balled more in UA shoes than anybody I know. Agreed that whatever UA & SC Brand are doing is a head scratcher. Like look at today's release. WTF is that? It just looks stupid. If they're aimed at some demographic I suppose I'm just definitely not it. The flow always being white sucks. The colorways are like sesame street stuff and other literal kid stuff and that sucks too. I just don't get it. It certainly feels like they're not even trying. Like is anybody awaiting the 11s like they're gonna be fire? I mean I hope they are, but I have little faith after their track record. I still feel like UA's gonna get taken over one of these days by this one specific company I can never remember the name of, but also then SC Brand would spin off.

I don't know. All I know is the man is legendary and I just wish he had better shoes, additional lines, or something.

Love Curry. Love UA. I've balled more in UA shoes than anybody I know. Agreed that whatever UA & SC Brand are doing is a head scratcher. Like look at today's release. WTF is that? It just looks stupid. If they're aimed at some demographic I suppose I'm just definitely not it. The flow always being white sucks. The colorways are like sesame street stuff and other literal kid stuff and that sucks too. I just don't get it. It certainly feels like they're not even trying. Like is anybody awaiting the 11s like they're gonna be fire? I mean I hope they are, but I have little faith after their track record. I still feel like UA's gonna get taken over one of these days by this one specific company I can never remember the name of, but also then SC Brand would spin off.

I don't know. All I know is the man is legendary and I just wish he had better shoes, additional lines, or something.
Yeah, today's colorway is head scratcher for sure, but the thing is I wouldn't mind them putting colorways that don't appeal to me if they ALSO released colorways that I do in fact like. For example, why is that EXC colorway exclusive to China yet they release the butterfly one here? You'd think it be the opposite 😂

8-10 are great performers no doubt. However design wise they all look so similar. The 9s can pass for an 8.5 and the 10s a 9.5.

UA release strategy was a head scratcher. Lack of cw and limited availability has also hurt curry brand. All the 8s that the public were able to purchase looked like team cw. UA must have known Curry was on route to break the all time 3pt record when it was time for the 9s to drop. Curry was also having a monster year and gsw ended up winning it all. And what did UA do? Release a super limited CW at 2am on a random night. While all of this was happening UA released “flotro” remakes of there past shoes. And how did they release it? Super Limited as well… I think they could have really shook up the game if they released the 9s and flotros in masses and marketed the brand better. For me the 10s are an afterthought. I‘ve lost interest in the brand all together and it’s going to take a lot for the 11s to gain my attention.

I had no issues with the release strategy. It was easy enough to cop a pair at 2am and go back to sleep. Slept through some, but still was able cop a pair as soon as i woke up. Champs and Footlocker woundn’t even let me add any flotro 4 to cart.

UA has definitely been trash, let's not even talk about how they've handled recent releases, let's talk about those burnt marshmallow 2 lows. almost forgot about them until i visited the 2 thread. the designers who thought that was a good idea are why UA is so trash now. it's almost symbolizing what happened to his line after the OG 2s and honestly those would look better if they were tossed in a fire and burned for real.

a much better release would have been blue gradient PEs to celebrate the WCF comeback victory, or lightning PEs to celebrate MVP.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom