Under Armour Curry 8

Very keen to get a pair of 1s, missed out first time round

2s were interesting for me. Went TTS for the mids and it was fine. For lows I went down a full size due to heel slippage and 2.5s went TTS felt like I should have gone up half a size.

Splash Party’s my favorite Curry. Might need a second pair and the dubnation pair.

Did the 1’s and 2’s fit TTS for most of you guys? I couldn’t get the 2s to work for me TTS

i got both size 10 in the 1's and 2's. I must say that the 2's formed around my foot better after breaking them in. Like I said before, the 2's were awesome for hoop. i still wear them to hoop out doors in but they're getting to the point where no matter how tight i tie them, they still feel loose.....

ya'll know what I'm talking about or is it just me??

Dropped in AU. Hope these drop in the states

1613533284896.png

1613533254378.png

1613533269699.png

1613533275890.png

^^^ I saw some blk/white tees at Scheels in store but nothing like these colors.

really? Why not?
The logo looks kinda weird, I guess after a while I'll get used to it though. But the overall shape looks just like the Nike Epic React with the low knit upper and the thick foam cushion/outsole. Even the heel tab is the same.

Plus the colorways look like generic team bank colors so far. Blue/white, yellow/white, white/gold, etc. What happened to all the cool CWs with at least 3 or more colors. Haight street, splash party, forging iron, etc. The CNY colorway is cool but why are all the midsoles white. They don't even make the dubnations correctly anymore they used to be white/blue/yellow and now it's just blue/white.

Lastly 160 is way too much unless it comes with full-length zoom or air max. Like tell me how these aren't just a combo of the KD9 (without zoom) and the epic react plus some outriggers/inriggers for stability. No innovation at all, idk if UA is trying to focus on other stuff like Embiid's line but they really gotta step it up. Please hire back the guy who came up with the curry 1 and 2 colorways

Only saving grace is that Curry scored 62 in these and is balling out so far and the cushion is better than his previous shoes. Plus the potential cool birthday or playoffs cws that will release.

With that being said I'm still gonna cop these once they hit outlets for $100 plus that nice 30-50% discount UA always does. I can't really fathom paying the full 160 for these. :rofl::rofl:$60 or bust for me

Last edited:
I can understand not liking the looks or the price - I agree on the $160. These should have been around $130. As for colors, look at Nike too, they have all slowed down because basketball just isn’t moving like it was 6-8 years ago. No need to make 25 wild colors when mostly it is teams buying shoes now (HS) and they always want to match.

The Flow tech is real though, good cushioning and all-time traction. I could see a drop of $30-$40 and then they start moving.

The logo looks kinda weird, I guess after a while I'll get used to it though. But the overall shape looks just like the Nike Epic React with the low knit upper and the thick foam cushion/outsole. Even the heel tab is the same.

Plus the colorways look like generic team bank colors so far. Blue/white, yellow/white, white/gold, etc. What happened to all the cool CWs with at least 3 or more colors. Haight street, splash party, forging iron, etc. The CNY colorway is cool but why are all the midsoles white. They don't even make the dubnations correctly anymore they used to be white/blue/yellow and now it's just blue/white.

Lastly 160 is way too much unless it comes with full-length zoom or air max. Like tell me how these aren't just a combo of the KD9 (without zoom) and the epic react plus some outriggers/inriggers for stability. No innovation at all, idk if UA is trying to focus on other stuff like Embiid's line but they really gotta step it up. Please hire back the guy who came up with the curry 1 and 2 colorways

Only saving grace is that Curry scored 62 in these and is balling out so far and the cushion is better than his previous shoes (which isn't saying much). Plus the potential cool birthday or playoffs cws that will release.

With that being said I'm still gonna cop these once they hit outlets for $100 plus that nice 30-50% discount UA always does. I can't really fathom paying the full 160 for these. :rofl::rofl:$60 or bust for me

i think the big factor behind the 8 being $160 would have to do with it have Flow cushioning and it being new tech, UA will charge more until it becomes more widely used on more shoes

honestly with the epic react initially retailing at $150 2-3 years ago, i get why UA priced the curry 8 the way they did
worth the retail price tag? nah, but agree with you that i'll try them out once they hit outlets and go on that deep discount UA always offers

UA has never sold mismatched shoes before. Maybe they have outside of basketball shoes but not that I know of or seen. Why would they when UA needs sales, have people that want to mismatch buy both haha.

Back
Top Bottom