Under Armour Curry 8

UA sportstyle design lead says they are not.
Screenshot_20200202_051757.jpg

It's kind of crazy how Steph's shoes fell off the map after the first 2 pairs. They haven't been horrible or anything but I haven't seen anyone in gyms or anything really wearing them.

It's kind of crazy how Steph's shoes fell off the map after the first 2 pairs. They haven't been horrible or anything but I haven't seen anyone in gyms or anything really wearing them.
They just keep getting cheaper and cheaper. It's inconceivable that the 7 is UA's primary signature athlete's shoe.

There's no other information, page to it says product is unavailable. With the pandemic surely it's pushed back.

The shoe is apparently releasing next month? Some real interesting claims being made in here. Video says the Curry 8 sole is a foam developed by DOW chemical and UA that is "the greatest performance improvement in basketball ever". Says 22% more traction than rubber, essentially making rubber obsolete.

I realize that it's the usual over-the-top marketing speak, but it's still interesting they're even making these claims, because the knit upper is not my cup of tea. Price is up to $160 though we may have already known that. Definitely good enough for me to try out a pair.

I tried on the 7 multiple times with thicker and thinner socks hoping they'd work for me but they just did not. The SC logo change is interesting but it just has that same "klaw" logo feel and looks spindly. Regardless though, I'm looking forward to seeing what the final version looks like if it comes out in August. Great thing about UA is since nobody cares, if you're paying attention at all you can probably get whatever you're trying to get, though Flashsole did retweet somebody who tried to cop that green 7 that came out a few weeks ago and missed.

110258862_294319755319939_3934326008006891724_n.jpg

I’ve been told by a “sneakerhead” source in China that Golden State Warriors superstar Stephen Curry will soon have his own brand under the umbrella of Under Armour, just like how Michael Jordan has his Jordan Brand at Nike.

His new “Curry8 Flow” is supposed to drop sometime in the Fall. I have heard both August and September as possible release time frames, so I don’t have strong intel on that.

This news, then, updates the previous report of a “re-branding” into what really amounts to a new brand launch, which includes the new logo we previously reported. Obviously, that new logo will be akin to what the Jumpman logo is to Jordan Brand, and different or separate than the Nike brand. In other words, Under Armour’s “UA” logo will no longer appear on any forthcoming Curry signature shoes.

The new, or rather morphed, “SC30” logo can also be seen in our previous report

Interesting stuff at the link. Wonder why they're calling it the "Curry 8 Flow".

Can't wait to see how UA moves forward. Now that Steph is clearly with UA for the long haul and hyping Embiid's shoes, getting his own brand, I'm hoping they put everything they have into making great stuff for his brand. I'm not a fan of the new logo but it does make it look more sophisticated.

Also, am I trippin or did the OP of this thread get banned or something - they have no profile. Because the thread title should be updated to "Curry 8 Flow" once UA does the announcement.

Before Embiid got his sig shoe Curry was the only face of their basketball division, don't understand why he has his own brand. Nike did it to give Jordan Brand its own identity because of how big it is. Is this a move to guarantee Curry doesn't leave UA? Cheaper than giving him a lifetime contract?

In for these already. Can't wait to see if this cushion is a hit or a flop. Those pics are nice!
These are clearly the curry8flow, since the 3zer0 IV is out already (and is terrible). But these joints look nice! You can see some design similarities with the 4's & the 5s (& the aj10s) but it's definitely its own shoe. Looking forward to whenever UA unveils these. I wonder if it'll be after the NBA confirms the new season start with certainty, specifics and details.

Traction looks grippy. I'm sure they'll bless NightWing with a pair.

curry8flow.jpg
curry8flow2.jpg
curry8flow3.jpg

Before Embiid got his sig shoe Curry was the only face of their basketball division, don't understand why he has his own brand. Nike did it to give Jordan Brand its own identity because of how big it is. Is this a move to guarantee Curry doesn't leave UA? Cheaper than giving him a lifetime contract?
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/w...eph-curry-persuaded-under-armour-stay-company

Interesting that this was hinted at back in January

In the summer of 2018, two top Under Armour executives traveled to the West Coast on a critical mission. Kevin Plank, the sports apparel company’s founder and chief executive, and Patrik Frisk, its president and chief operating officer, needed to persuade Stephen Curry, the Golden State Warriors star and the company’s highest-profile endorser, not to leave the brand.

Mr. Plank was unhappy that Mr. Curry, whose endorsement deal pays him millions of dollars a year, would rarely wear Under Armour clothing to N.B.A. games. Mr. Curry was upset that sales of the signature Curry 3 shoe had been weak.

At the meeting, participants found a solution that would showcase just how much Mr. Curry meant to the company. Mr. Plank and Mr. Frisk agreed to build a separate business around him, one reminiscent of what Nike had done for Michael Jordan two decades before. The company brought on the former executive who had overseen the creation of the Jordan brand at Nike to run the Curry brand and promised Mr. Curry much more involvement in the development of his shoes. Mr. Curry decided to remain, and a crisis was averted

Back
Top Bottom