Under Armour?

I prefer the Micro G from the Clutchfit Drive over what was used in the Curry 1.  I also liked the charged from the Curry 2 over the Curry 1.

I think something that gets lost in all the hype and new tech is that these are still corporations we're talking about.  Let's not forget that companies are out to cut costs and make money.  Whatever fancy labeling or dressing they put on new tech. doesn't matter if there isn't any substance.  I mean, does anyone really think Kobe X's and XX9's are worth $200+ and the recent Curry pack was worth $400?

Micro G seems to be getting phased out in UA basketball for charged and that tells me (pure speculation of course) that UA found a cheaper way to implement a cushioning system that is still satisfactory.  Not saying one is better than the other, because it's definitely a preference thing and I prefer Micro G.  It just seems like everyone who tried Micro G loved it and there was no reason to mess with a good thing, yet here we are where both UA flagship shoes don't have it.

Never played in a bball based Charged foam model but from a running standpoint charged foam is the truth. IMO its the best thing next to boost. Micro G was cool but charged is MUCH better for running. They must be modifying it for bball in some way.

I prefer the Micro G from the Clutchfit Drive over what was used in the Curry 1.  I also liked the charged from the Curry 2 over the Curry 1.
What is it about Micro G that you prefer? And what is it about the Curry 2 Charged that you prefer? Is it plushness, transition, etc.

Just curious!

Man it's a tough call for me between Charged and Micro G, I think I prefer a foam that's on the firmer side so the Charged setups work well for me.  However, Micro G isn't mushy at all so it's also amazing in my book.

I'd probably say Micro G from the CF Drive and Anatomix Spawn is tied w/ the Charged from the Curry 2 for me, with the Curry 1 setup not far behind.  Both Currys, the original spawn and the CF Drive mid/low are the only UA hoop shoes I've played in.

Never played in a bball based Charged foam model but from a running standpoint charged foam is the truth. IMO its the best thing next to boost. Micro G was cool but charged is MUCH better for running. They must be modifying it for bball in some way.
Maybe they didn't modify it at all.  Like I was saying, maybe it's just preference.  I know some people prefer Charged over Micro G.  I've never worn any UA runners either so I only know Micro G and Charged from bball shoes.

What is it about Micro G that you prefer? And what is it about the Curry 2 Charged that you prefer? Is it plushness, transition, etc.

Just curious!
I feel like Charged isn't quite as substantial as Micro G.  Still, the Curry 2 felt nicer than the Curry 1 to me.  The Curry 1 certainly isn't bad by any means, but it's a bit firm for me compared to the CF Drive.  Both Charged and Micro G are responsive in transition and do a good job of impact protection, but I think Micro G has a bit more volume to it.

Just came in today. Early, but I think I like these more than the Curry 2. Review soon.

Just came in today. Early, but I think I like these more than the Curry 2. Review soon.
Not surprised at all.  I felt the clutchfit in person today and it was interesting to say the least.  A little bit like the material for a window screen.

I already know I want to get a pair, but I just have way too many shoes to play in at the moment.  Poor us huh?  Life is good.

20% off at Footlocker - No minimum. Code: MB215W29​

Works on Currys and Clutchfit Drives. Mudiay PE's come down to $80. Tempting 
indifferent.gif

Details:

*ONLINE and MOBILE ONLY Early Cyber Monday Savings - 20% Off No Minimum Some exclusions may apply.Select Nike styles excluded. No Minimum purchase required. Enter promotion code MB215W29 at checkout. Valid online at footlocker.com. Not valid in store. Does not apply to prior purchases or open orders and cannot be combined with any other offers. May not be used with purchase of gift cards or toward team orders. Select Nike styles excluded. Other exclusions apply, click here for full details. Promotion may be modified or terminated at any time. Offer expires 11/30/2015 (11:59 pm CT)

Last edited:
Bring on that review Duke!

Just from looking at them and holding them in hand, I got that feeling about these like they just get the job done.

Might have to get those Mudiays sooner than I want to.

FTL/Eastbay put the price of the lows back to regular price. I grabbed a pair when they were $99.99 with the 20%. The insoles are really thick (wish adidas used these) so I swapped in slightly thinner ones and they fit better. I went TTS and feel it's better with the swap than going .5 up. It got lower to the ground too.

I like these more than I did after the insole swap. Not the same as the original but it's pretty close.

Yeah, I noticed the normal price again too.  Better that way though, I'd rather have them on sale with coupon.

So ironic that they used insoles so thick you want thinner ones.  I guess you could match these with an Adidas bball shoe and have the thick one fill out the Adidas shoe.  I'm definitely getting a pair or two of these later on down the road.

Haven't been in this thread in awhile so just seeing this pic now. I've seen these in person multiple times and every time I do a double take. Still want these so hopefully they sit for awhile
UA is going heavy with the Curry 2 releases and even the recent Drive 2 mids/lows.  I think only the diehards are getting EVERY Curry 2.  Just way too many releases and that's just UA, not even Adidas, Nike, BB and the other brands.

So I think these will last for a while, and I've seen them in stores and they will probably hit a nice sale price at some point.  $85 on eastbay with a 20% code and another item is good enough for me.

There you go 20% code off $99 ( LKS15D8Z) for Eastbay (8% cashback from Mr Rebates).

I'll wait for FNL to reduce them to around $60 then use $20 rewards.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom