Under Armour?

There you go 20% code off $99 ( LKS15D8Z) for Eastbay (8% cashback from Mr Rebates).

I'll wait for FNL to reduce them to around $60 then use $20 rewards.
Ordered a pair with some warm tights on sale that came out to $110 after tax.

They actually have some good deals on hypercool/hyperwarm tights that are better than what's available on NDC with the 25% off clearance code.

did anyone buy those Northern Lights CFD2 Low?
i was not able to pull the trigger fast enough when FNL put it up on a 80$ prce tag..now it was back to 110$....

damn

the other xmas gift i got...

Video Review: http://www.allaboutanthony.com/under-armour-curry-2-iron-sharpens-iron-on-feet/

Got some playing time in the Drive 2 lows tonight.

A solid sequel to the first Drive/Drive low.  That insole is thick, but it's also very spongy and my foot just sinks in.  I might prefer the responsiveness of the Curry 2 slightly more.  Still like Micro G over Charged.

It's already one of my favorite UA Bball shoes, up there with the CF Drive and Spawn.  No issues so far except maybe long term impact protection, but that could just be me getting older.

Yeah the insole is too thick. Switching with a thinner insole did the trick. Not those old paper thin ones from adidas though.

It's at the perfect height where it's not too high off the ground and my heel is more locked in with the heel cup. Not too low where the ankle cut will bother my ankle bone.

I like these more than the Lillard 2. UA didn't mess with these too much to hurt the performance aspect. Lillard 2 improved on the fitment but the traction got worst.

finally saw the black/orange fade mudiay lows in person -- super nice... do not need ATM though so I held off.  Very tempting though

They aren't a must have in my opinion, but definitely a good choice for guards who like lows.

I would have to think the XX9 Low and possibly the JC2 Low could top them.  I like them more than the Kobe X and Rose 6 though.

They aren't a must have in my opinion, but definitely a good choice for guards who like lows.

I would have to think the XX9 Low and possibly the JC2 Low could top them.  I like them more than the Kobe X and Rose 6 though.
Good to know.

This is a serious "1st world problem" but there are so many pairs that are not quite "must haves" but are all worthy of trying and solid shoes at decent prices.  This really makes it difficult for me not to jump.

And I can only speak for the xx9 lows (would love JC2 in low form), but they have been great.  Enjoying them more than the mids as they fit a little tighter

Another first world problem/advantage is that we can go through the small hassle of free returns when we don't like them.  I sent back the Rose 6, Curry 2 and Kobe X.  It's awesome that you can just try some shoes out and if you don't like them, get your money back.

As for the XX9 lows, I'm just waiting for that price to drop.  I told my lady I didn't want anything for X-mas and I ended up with four pairs of shoes haha.  I can wait.  It's funny because sometimes lows get priced way lower and go on sale compared to the mids, but this is one of those cases where the lack of colorways seems to make them more exclusive.

black/orange mudiay PE is down to $85 on FTL/Eastbay/Etc -- coupon code takes care of shipping and a little more.  around $80 shipped w/o tax not bad

^Yeah, been that way for a bit now.  It's the only reason I ordered my pair, along with some tights on sale.

I just put up a head to head video review on youtube comparing them to the first CF Drive low.  Bottom line to me is, if anyone hasn't tried either of them, it's definitely worth trying one of the two.  They play very similar to each other.  Biggest noticeable difference to me would be Charged vs. Micro G.

But they aren't an improvement over the original, just equal to or maybe a step below depending on cushioning preferences.  I am enjoying them a lot more than shoes that retail for much more.  Glad to see a ton of colorways too, in case I want another pair down the road.

^^^ feel the same way Dez. I love the pair I got and may possibly look into the white and grey pair. And I do agree it comes down to personal preference. If you like microg better than charged you will like the one better than the two. However I do like the charged in the clutchfit drive 2 better than the curry 2.

^Definitely missed this.  I have two pairs of the CF Drive 1 lows one new and one still in good shape so it's hard for me to jump for the 2s

They do look great though... the added padding looks great

@DeezyVSOP2  did you go the same size in the 2 lows as you did in the 1 lows?

I may pick them up eventually -- using the cash for a pair of lillard 2s first

Yeah, if you want no room, exact 1:1 fit. I like about a thumb width at the end so I stayed true. They can be pulled tight but if you are really narrow you could drop.

^Definitely missed this.  I have two pairs of the CF Drive 1 lows one new and one still in good shape so it's hard for me to jump for the 2s

They do look great though... the added padding looks great

@DeezyVSOP2  did you go the same size in the 2 lows as you did in the 1 lows?

I may pick them up eventually -- using the cash for a pair of lillard 2s first
Same size as the first lows and perfect for me.

The way I would look at it is, when one of your CF Drive lows dies out and if you want to get a good replacement, get a pair of 2 Lows.  Lots of nice colorways that aren't going anywhere and prices are falling already.

FNL has the Maryland Home lows and mids at $79, even less in no time. They do have red bleeding into the white so beware. Too bad the current FNL coupon you have to buy $150/$200 for discount and no free shipping for discounted items. Great deals to be had on the 2s nonetheless.

Same size for 1 and 2 for me too. The padding throughout makes it snug but should break in nicely.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom