Underground Hip hop Community

Originally Posted by TiDE619

Originally Posted by psk2310

Originally Posted by HyEtoTheSky

so what...you want me to settle for drake, or whatever is on the radio? LOL�

You can�only take what TiDE says with the grain of salt. He's got the weekend in his avy...He definately ain't about no underground/back pack vibe...These young dudes�have no idea what good music is...Shoot�the music section here on�NT looks more like TMZ than discussions about good music...��
I'm 27.. 10 years ago I was heavy into underground hip hop. 2000 - 2003 was the golden age of underground hip hop.. Rawkus was dropping quality releases, Atmosphere was getting a lot of buzz, and just about everyone knew all of Hiero - 3rd Eye Vision
for the youngins that weren't even into music 10 years ago..

so then what you've moved on to dubstep?

paid dues is running strong...

haha no. where'd you get the dub step notion from?

I'm not antagonizing anyone.. To me, underground just isn't what it was back then.. Talib, Mos, Common, have all blown up. 2000 this was underground hip hop (except for Eminem). If you can find this album, DL or buy it. You won't be disappointed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soundbombing_II

as for Weeknd in my avy, I don't think anyone had a better 2011 than he did in terms of putting music out

Speaking of DJ Honda/Japanese, here's a Deckstream cut featuring Yasiin from '09. Slept on track partially because it was available in Japan only...

haha no. where'd you get the dub step notion from?

I'm not antagonizing anyone.. To me, underground just isn't what it was back then.. Talib, Mos, Common, have all blown up. 2000 this was underground hip hop (except for Eminem). If you can find this album, DL or buy it. You won't be disappointed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soundbombing_II

as for Weeknd in my avy, I don't think anyone had a better 2011 than he did in terms of putting music out

idk im just playin with you..but yeah i dj but just in the bedroom... its just the type of genre that i like most.. and grew up listening to 90's hiphop im not too big on stuff thats coming out like odd future/asap rocky/curren$y jet life crap.. im talking about binary star/people under the stairs/hiero but theres a lot of stuff out fashawn and blu are holding it down.. all that "hip hop is dead" crap was just empty propaganda 

so what...you want me to settle for drake, or whatever is on the radio? LOL�

You can�only take what TiDE says with the grain of salt. He's got the weekend in his avy...He definately ain't about no underground/back pack vibe...These young dudes�have no idea what good music is...Shoot�the music section here on�NT looks more like TMZ than discussions about good music...��
I'm 27.. 10 years ago I was heavy into underground hip hop. 2000 - 2003 was the golden age of underground hip hop.. Rawkus was dropping quality releases, Atmosphere was getting a lot of buzz, and just about everyone knew all of Hiero - 3rd Eye Vision
for the youngins that weren't even into music 10 years ago..

...okay? but your little comment dd nothing but help perpetuate the false sterotype that underground rap is wack.

...so YOU know what that comment meant, why not expand on it so there's no confusion?

....to be completely honest, great underground rap is still here. if people stopped treating it like it was dead it would have a shot to get back to the front again. even in Rawkus' peak it still wasnt in the front. you have to go back to the Native Tongue movement and the BDP era for that.

...i will say
eek.gif
 to you trying to put those that dont know onto Soundbombing II. i still have my copy at home

The Hip-Hop underground...where terrible artists are celebrated for being different.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

PLVN wrote:

The Hip-Hop underground...where terrible artists are celebrated for being different.

...you really think so? please elaborate.

Aesop Rock is a good example...every single act ever on Anticon.

Originally Posted by PLVN

laugh.gif
A little extreme, but definitely some serious truth as well.
Fact is, there are just as many trash underground artist as there are poor mainstream ones trying to make it.

Originally Posted by PLVN

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

PLVN wrote:

...you really think so? please elaborate.

Aesop Rock is a good example...every single act ever on Anticon.
co-sign on Anticon.. Aesop was good up until Bazooka Tooth. IMO he absolutely ruined Felt 3 with his production.
I enjoy this thread a lot.. I'm going to keep putting up UGHH tracks from what I considered the golden age of "back packer rap".

RIP EYDEA

being a backpacker was cool 10 years ago
so what...you want me to settle for drake, or whatever is on the radio? LOL 

You can only take what TiDE says with the grain of salt. He's got the weekend in his avy...
What's wrong with that?

Rolaholic wrote:
psk2310 wrote:
HyEtoTheSky wrote:
so what...you want me to settle for drake, or whatever is on the radio? LOL 

You can only take what TiDE says with the grain of salt. He's got the weekend in his avy...
What's wrong with that?

What up Ro. weekend's whiny @#$ style of singing was ok for the first couple of songs but get's old real quick. I lost it
laugh.gif
 when he started singing about using credit as debit... I laugh at all these people who think he's so underground. Anyone remotely associated with drake/cash money can't possibly be considered underground. That's like saying the cook at Chipolte deserves michelin stars for the banging way he grills that meat for my burrito. But to each his own. That's just my two cents for what it's worth.

^^
he's still pretty underground tbh. He's not signed, still putting out music independently, and a majority of people have no idea who he is.

now here's another UGHH song that made me want to kill stuff when listening 

This song kinda meandered a bit...But I appreciated someone who could sample Modest Mouse...

Back
Top Bottom