Underground on WGN

Macon 7 dropping like flies :smh:

i figured they would.

i suspect Noah and Rosa Lee will survive and probably have to take care of the little girl, her pops aint gon make it.

after that 1 might survive between Cato and the kid. the kid may not make it due to Cato doing something, which will send Noah off the edge and off Cato.
or, Noah may see it coming and save the kid while getting rid of Cato.

i have to say though, even though Cato is painted as evil, that man is just as determined as Noah to get free. i dont dislike or hate him for that. i cant.
yeah its messed up what he did to Zeke but damn, it was the times.

another great episode that had my heart racing.

them dudes beat the **** out of Stabler, then Zeke beat them to DEATH. **** was intense.

and i love how the action scenes arent corny, cliche, and expected.

:smh: @ finding out the little girls mother was the sister to the masters wife.

i wanna post more about the show but dont wanna get the thread locked. damn shame more arent watching in order to have good conversation about the show.

I get it but it's still **** Cato :smh:

He aint have to do big man Zeke like that. Could've just said split up. Once he shot him in the leg my mind went back to him letting Zeke out of that hot box, telling him not to trust Noah, and that we're in this together :smh:

Zeke's last stand was something else though.

Stabler's son said he should've helped him :lol:

I don't totally get Stabler. He helps one slave trying to escape (cuz she's female?) but is willing to kill the dudes and get his bounty if he has to. Mind you his teacher/mentor/possible father figure is a black man.

Yeah wish the show was getting more discussion but I' enjoying it (just like I am Outsiders).

I don't totally get Stabler. He helps one slave trying to escape (cuz she's female?)

He didn't help her, if you're referring to that first epi. It was part of his ploy to get bounty money. He basically stole her, that's why those dudes were after him.
From what I remember, they were going to be caught maybe killed (think it was a dead or alive bounty). He treated her well, told her to hide in his little transport. Then he brought her back alive to get the reward money.

I didn't mean help like helped her escape to freedom but not brutally kill or rape her as she was running. I don't recall her being mad either. Like she gave up.

From what I remember, they were going to be caught maybe killed (think it was a dead or alive bounty). He treated her well, told her to hide in his little transport. Then he brought her back alive to get the reward money.

I didn't mean help like helped her escape to freedom but not brutally kill or rape her as she was running. I don't recall her being mad either. Like she gave up.

LOL I think you need to go back and watch that episode, he basically tricked her into coming with him and then sold her back into slavery as a runaway. Maybe I missed it, he tried to do the same crafty **** with Rosalee acting like he was tryna help.

Rosalee trusting a random white dude though:smh:
Yeah, I caught that he sold her back in to slavery but the way I read it is those ppl pursuing her were gonna kill her. He just said come with me and then sold her back unharmed.

Right when those dudes were leaving the guy collecting the runaways was like Stabler had already brought ol girl back alive and got the full bounty.

He aint have to do big man Zeke like that. Could've just said split up. Once he shot him in the leg my mind went back to him letting Zeke out of that hot box, telling him not to trust Noah, and that we're in this together :smh:

ok then,

do you hold the same contempt for Pearly Mae?
she was about to give up the whole crew including her husband for the freedom papers for her and boo.

or how about feeling that way towards Ernestine?
who killed Pearly Mae to ensure Rosa Lee's freedom wasnt compromised.

like i said, its the times.
i dont condone it....but i understand.

ok then,

do you hold the same contempt for Pearly Mae?
she was about to give up the whole crew including her husband for the freedom papers for her and boo.

or how about feeling that way towards Ernestine?
who killed Pearly Mae to ensure Rosa Lee's freedom wasnt compromised.

like i said, its the times.
i dont condone it....but i understand.
If she had went through with it yes. She had more reason that opens the door for irrational thinking; love of her child but yeah I thought she was stupid and did not believe for a second that she would just snitch on them, they'd get brought back and she'd be free with her daughter. I expected like Ernestine they'd all be hung, probably even the daughter.

I get it, I understand it but it's still so foul to me and they're making it easy to dislike Cato clearly.

Ernestine already living a pretty foul broken damaged life. Smashing the new master to stay in his good graces, making sure her youngest is never working in the fields. Who knows what else they'll reveal she's done, doing or will do in that context. She's one of those sacrificing women that'll do w/e it takes to see her children safe. So I totally understand her murdering Pearly Mae.

There's nothing but gray morality in these decisions but I think there has to be some trust and loyalty when you're all clearly on one side. There's the we trying to escape and be free together and there's just more sense in being in a group to get through it as opposed to I'll stab any of yall in the back just to be free. I can't see what kind of life Cato would be living if he screwed over all of them and he was the only survivor. With Zeke, I'm just thinking that was not the time to betray him, especially with the way he took them all out. The 2 of them could've took them all with maybe one bullet wound between the two of them.

To me that's different than the sides of Pearly Mae and Ernestine who are thinking I'll do w/e it takes to ensure the safety of my child. In this situation the possible safety of one child endangered the safety of another
I mean if he was concerned about her well-being why not just ACTUALLY help her escape? He was doing it all for profit, he is not a good guy.
I don't think he's a good man. He's obviously crafty and uses the allure of being a friend to trick runaways in to going with him willingly but I just felt in that situation he was sparing her a beating and/or death.

Last edited:
Well yeah.

I'm saying had the story went differently and she did it I'd feel the same way.

the point is its pretty much every man for himself and justifiably so but your holding Cato to a different standard because you dont like him

Well yeah.

I'm saying had the story went differently and she did it I'd feel the same way.

the point is its pretty much every man for himself and justifiably so but your holding Cato to a different standard because you dont like him
I just said I'd hold Pearly Mae to the same standard had she done it.

So Cato aint really being singled out other than for his actions.

Had anybody done what Cato did to Zeke I would've said the same. At least with Cato he's been portrayed as a snake. I'd be much harder on anybody else had they done it.

I'd already stated my view on the whole every man for themselves mentality.

Last edited:
I just said I'd hold Pearly Mae to the same standard had she done it.

clearly i heard you.

her 'going through with it' shouldnt have anything to do with it.
Why? and according to who?

I'm basing my judgement off of actions not just what is said or intended.

We see characters say they're gonna do one thing, look dead set upon doing it and then change their minds or somebody changes it for them or they learn new info and reassess or they simply never get to do it due to outside forces.

a snake move is a snake move.
Keyword is "move" imo.

It needs to happen for it to be a snake move.

Wow, really? Even if her character wasn't on the show it would still be lit.

like i said, its expected.

we'll complain about quality programming, then wont support it.

we'll support the stereotype trash entertainment, then complain that it all they make.

as good as this show is we've got a good 3-4 people on NT actually watching/posting about it.

This show is thoroughly ****** up :lol: :smh:

Got the white girl offering up her yambs to save a little slave girl. It's the least she could do really.

Then this boy I guess sacrificing himself for Noah after catching those bullets and being so close to that explosion. The whole lil mini flashbacks to make him do that was poorly handled though :rofl: I laughed at how bad it was.

Then James and T.R. :smh: :x Knew once that kid got mad the racist would come out. So easy to be angry and snitch than it is to be noble and do the right thing. Can't blame him when his pops is the slave master instilling this apathy towards slave as a currency and property rather than human beings. See how quick he went from I'll change things to oh you won't take my candy? Ok I'm snitching on ya big brother.

Seeing James struggle to pick that cotton was tough but then to turn around and show he's way smarter than he looks with that dirt knitted in the bag trick was a good look.

The ending of this weeks episode with Sam........

:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

yeah, i usually watch each episode multiple times each week. not the last 2.

watching that baby pick that cotton and seeing dude just itching to whip him :smh:

then they lynched Sam and threw his mama in the hotbox.

Sam running tells me he really was trying to buy his freedom, once he got shot down he tried to play it off like he was buying his brothers freedom.

we also now know the master is the father of Ernestine's children, which means the master watched his daughter get whipped, put his son in the fields, and hung his other son. crazy what things slavery justified

yeah, i usually watch each episode multiple times each week. not the last 2.

I do the same thing. I had to take a few days to do it this time though. I knew a lynching was eventually coming, but wow...

Sam's father was slave who lived on the plantation when Earl Macon owned it. Something important happened to him, but they haven't mentioned exactly what it was.

But yeah, **** Tom!

I do the same thing. I had to take a few days to do it this time though. I knew a lynching was eventually coming, but wow...

Sam's father was slave who lived on the plantation when Earl Macon owned it. Something important happened to him, but they haven't mentioned exactly what it was.

But yeah, **** Tom!

which episode did you get that from?

But yeah, **** Tom!

which episode did you get that from?

Yea, I don't think Sam was Tom's son, they mentioned it briefly in episode 2 or 3 I believe. Now Sam only got the treatment he got because of his mom and two siblings.

I expect the rest of the Macon 7 to make it to Tom's crib and reunite w/ Boo and conspire w/ Tom's brother somehow. That'll get us to the end of the first season.

Back
Top Bottom