Unemployed Nters: vol. what are u doing on the couch at 1 p.m.?

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

Uhhh, just graduated from colllege, trying to get back into school for my masters. . Unemployed and I love it, 9-5 is slave work and i refuse to put myself through that. There are other opportunities to make $ besides working in an office.

Hopefully if/when I get into grad school i can start working on Campus. .

Anyways, besides sitting on my @** I make use of my time by reading, taking classes at the Jr. College, picking up the piano and other activities that involve creativity of the mind.

I don't watch t.v unless I am eating dinner or lunch which last about 30 minutes top, and soon I will be trying to phase out a lot of my internet time which is still way to high.

I'm headed on a trip to Greece in May which should be a blast but to afford this i started selling my shoes and doing little gigs on craigslist.

My advice is to continue to the live th dream.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

Uhhh, just graduated from colllege, trying to get back into school for my masters. . Unemployed and I love it, 9-5 is slave work and i refuse to put myself through that. There are other opportunities to make $ besides working in an office.

Hopefully if/when I get into grad school i can start working on Campus. .

Anyways, besides sitting on my @** I make use of my time by reading, taking classes at the Jr. College, picking up the piano and other activities that involve creativity of the mind.

I don't watch t.v unless I am eating dinner or lunch which last about 30 minutes top, and soon I will be trying to phase out a lot of my internet time which is still way to high.

I'm headed on a trip to Greece in May which should be a blast but to afford this i started selling my shoes and doing little gigs on craigslist.

My advice is to continue to the live th dream.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

waitin on a trap
I'm just gonna assume that's the same as a stain or a serve. For some up the street and around the corner #%#%@* ya'll take WAY different than us in the G. It's like reading a thesaurus in them Bulls threads
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

waitin on a trap
I'm just gonna assume that's the same as a stain or a serve. For some up the street and around the corner #%#%@* ya'll take WAY different than us in the G. It's like reading a thesaurus in them Bulls threads
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

It's also stressful sitting in a 9-5 for 4 years.

for real dude. im stuck doing 3 peoples jobs this week including our carrier (running around the city by train/bus/walking) without compensation.

this hospital sure loves their employees
wink.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

It's also stressful sitting in a 9-5 for 4 years.

for real dude. im stuck doing 3 peoples jobs this week including our carrier (running around the city by train/bus/walking) without compensation.

this hospital sure loves their employees
wink.gif
mad.gif

One rule of advice:

- DO NOT willfully keep yourself out of the job market for more than 2 years AT MOST. Many folks that I know, try to avoid the 9-5 routine, fooling themselves into thinking that they're onto the next big hustle. These guys are not fit for hiring anymore, many of which are under 30. Being unemployed for over 2 years makes you irrelevant to the job market, and you will be forced to eventually take a job that you don't want to do, at a pay that you think you're overqualified for.

I understand that the job market is tough right now, however it's not too late to start at the bottom of an industry that you like, and work your way up. I started slanging Nextels in the mall 6 years ago, after I lost my shirt in a bad business decision. Fast forward to now, I run marketing for a major wireless carrier on the West Coast... with no degree, getting this position despite other MBA touting candidates.

The more you wait, the more you lost.

One rule of advice:

- DO NOT willfully keep yourself out of the job market for more than 2 years AT MOST. Many folks that I know, try to avoid the 9-5 routine, fooling themselves into thinking that they're onto the next big hustle. These guys are not fit for hiring anymore, many of which are under 30. Being unemployed for over 2 years makes you irrelevant to the job market, and you will be forced to eventually take a job that you don't want to do, at a pay that you think you're overqualified for.

I understand that the job market is tough right now, however it's not too late to start at the bottom of an industry that you like, and work your way up. I started slanging Nextels in the mall 6 years ago, after I lost my shirt in a bad business decision. Fast forward to now, I run marketing for a major wireless carrier on the West Coast... with no degree, getting this position despite other MBA touting candidates.

The more you wait, the more you lost.

^^^ the other erason why I'm jumping back into the job market.  I havent had a job for 4 years, but I file taxes every year....
laugh.gif

^^^ the other erason why I'm jumping back into the job market.  I havent had a job for 4 years, but I file taxes every year....
laugh.gif

Passed up two interviews

First was a entry level one but it was far as $%++ in my opinion

Second one was at walgreens (also far but not nowhere near as far as the first).

Just waiting on a decent paying gig.This CDL book has been talking to me these last few days, might crack it open.

Passed up two interviews

First was a entry level one but it was far as $%++ in my opinion

Second one was at walgreens (also far but not nowhere near as far as the first).

Just waiting on a decent paying gig.This CDL book has been talking to me these last few days, might crack it open.

laugh.gif
 at this thread
That's exactly what I've been doing all afternoon. Flipping back and forth between the Mets and Yanks spring training games. Now I'm watchin Rutgers try and do something in the Big East Tourny.

I graduated College in December, sent out a few resumes but haven't been too proactive with that. Basically been doing absolutely nothing for the last 3 months.

I'm kinda hoping I stay unemployed until the fall so I can chill out over the summer one last time 
roll.gif

laugh.gif
 at this thread
That's exactly what I've been doing all afternoon. Flipping back and forth between the Mets and Yanks spring training games. Now I'm watchin Rutgers try and do something in the Big East Tourny.

I graduated College in December, sent out a few resumes but haven't been too proactive with that. Basically been doing absolutely nothing for the last 3 months.

I'm kinda hoping I stay unemployed until the fall so I can chill out over the summer one last time 
roll.gif

im about to join the unemployment club. this is my last week at work so ive drinking on the job and partying all week. im gonna be on xbox live more often now.

im about to join the unemployment club. this is my last week at work so ive drinking on the job and partying all week. im gonna be on xbox live more often now.

Originally Posted by DJMano34

Originally Posted by Willy Hitchero

and this reggie I got on deck until then
grin.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
!!!

Stop fronting...I'm not. I wish I would be in a thread about unemployment lying about blowing loud all day. Right. But anyway, when you get tired of smoking loud all day, then what are you gonna gateway into? I'm cool on that. I pace myself. Kush is my cologne, but reggie's my soap and water.

Originally Posted by DJMano34

Originally Posted by Willy Hitchero

and this reggie I got on deck until then
grin.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
!!!

Stop fronting...I'm not. I wish I would be in a thread about unemployment lying about blowing loud all day. Right. But anyway, when you get tired of smoking loud all day, then what are you gonna gateway into? I'm cool on that. I pace myself. Kush is my cologne, but reggie's my soap and water.

Back
Top Bottom