universty of houston

does any body attend u of h thinking about going and if u do go there can u tell me what its like u know the girls and anything else that matters

What grade are you in? What high school? Or are you coming from another college?

I've thought about making a post about this for a couple days now, because I graduate from high school this year.

I'm not sure if I should attend North Harris Community College first for my 2 years of basics, or should I go straight to UofH Main Campus and stay there.

I'm trying to save as much money as possible, so that's why I thought of North Harris. I could possibly get a $1,000 dollar scholarship to North Harrisand it's only $1,600 a year to attend there. That's another reason.

frown.gif
I dont know. Right now, I'm leaning towards 2 years of basics at North Harris then transfer to UH Main Campus to major in Radiology. I'm trynabecome an X-Ray Technician.
pimp.gif

^ That's cool. I'm a senior at Eisenhower High School in Houston.
pimp.gif

Eh, I hope this financial aide crap isn't complicated.
smh.gif

I'm from Houston but going to UTSA. My brother and plenty of my friends attend UH and they love it. Plenty of good looking girls and anything else you needif you're looking at going there.

Girls look good, not gassed either
pimp.gif

stay away from my sis if you go there
indifferent.gif

North harris sucks, it's a trap and you'll become lazy at NH ..trust me

^ You really think so?
frown.gif
I have a very good chance at getting this $1,000 scholarship to attend North Harris and I was planning to take summer classes thereand transfer to UH when the fall time comes and do the rest of my basics there.

I know I'm a lazy person at times, but I get myself to do it because I'll eventually find the strive to do it.

BTW, Is UofH a good school to attend to major in as a Radiologist?

Im at North Harris now its fine, Im taking my basics then transfering to UH next year. Its not bad and you will save.

^ That's cool. What are you majoring in if you don't mind me asking? I need to know if UH is a good college to major in Radiology or not.

Well there's a CHANCE that I would get this Aldine Scholarship (Forgot what it's called.) that's worth $1,000 bucks to attend North Harris and if Iget it, I think I'm gonna use it to take summer classes at North Harris. They only let you take 2 courses during the summer correct? It's about $300for classes, not including books either.

Then when the fall comes, I plan to attend UH and do more basics there and when summer comes back again, go back to North Harris and take some more summerclasses.

I hope I can do all this without any actual "summer". I'm willing to do it to get college over with.

Originally Posted by PLAYOFF12

^ That's cool. What are you majoring in if you don't mind me asking? I need to know if UH is a good college to major in Radiology or not.

Well there's a CHANCE that I would get this Aldine Scholarship (Forgot what it's called.) that's worth $1,000 bucks to attend North Harris and if I get it, I think I'm gonna use it to take summer classes at North Harris. They only let you take 2 courses during the summer correct? It's about $300 for classes, not including books either.

Then when the fall comes, I plan to attend UH and do more basics there and when summer comes back again, go back to North Harris and take some more summer classes.

I hope I can do all this without any actual "summer". I'm willing to do it to get college over with.
its 150 for a class @ north harris, so yea 300 for both...but they are 4 hour classes which suck. i did government 1 in a summer 4 hour class witha whole bunch of dual credit kids
sick.gif
, but stay away from 4 hour classesduring the fall and spring, after you take your break its down hill from there, well at least it was for me.

ive been going with to north harris (greenspoint) for almost a year, its ok you do work, the teachers teach, you wont get lazy unless you just don't wantto do the work, pretty good school so far, only had 1 teacher that really didn't teach and that was my summer class.(still passed with A so i didn'tcare)

honestly just do your basics at north harris, its cheaper and you learn the same thing

and for your first post...financial aid is a female dog, too many questions, you have to make sure every i is dotted and every t is crossed, then 8 weeks ofwaiting

i applied my first semester got denied...have not tried since.

^ So basically you're saying I should just do my 2 years of basics at North Harris to save me money? I'm trying to save as much money as possible.

Well since I'm planning on becoming a Radiologic Technician, it's only about 2 years of college for that not including basics. I can either do that ora nursing program.

Wow, 4 hour classes? That's crazy. I can't even stand these 1 hour classes in high school.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Should I just wait until the fall comes and start my basics then and there? Then attend North Harris for 2 whole fall semesters and spring semester?

i would do 1 summer class then take 6 weeks off to do some summer stuff, then start up in the fall. most teachers let you out early though. depends on theclass.

but regular classes are about 2 1/2 hours 1 day a week, i take 3 classes right now. (or at least thats how my schedule is always set up)

if your trying to save money then do north harris, get good grades, then transfer out to u of h.

Hmm, not trying to go against you but why not take 2 classes during the summer?

I think I'll take your advice and finish my basics at North Harris.

oh well because i didn't know if you were one of those persons who likes to enjoy summer vacation...because 2 summer classes means you don't get asummer vacation, its one per "mini semester" so two classes for the whole summer...after you take your final on the second summer course the weekafter fall semester begins.

i also forgot to add the 4 hour summer class is only once a week, so it might be a brutal class at least its one time a week you have to put up with it.

Damn that sucks, I mean I'd like a summer vacation but I want to get done with college as fast as possible. I'm not trying to stress out though. Youthink it'll stress me out?

So basically it's two 4 hour courses once a week for six weeks?

$150 a class not including books?

1 class per 6 weeks so 2 classes during the 12 week break

summer classes shouldn't stress you out its only once a week, and going to school 2 years straight shouldn't stress you out that much either because westill get a month long winter break. it really depends on the course you choose to take, i would take something easy and required like introduction tocomputers haha...but this past summer i took government 1 and it was a breeze, all we did was in class discussions and took notes, we had 1 exam + our final,no in class assignments or homework...i could have took government 2 with the same teacher for the second semester summer class but i didn't, now i regretit because i might be dropping government 2 because i missed one class and it put me that behind.
indifferent.gif

yeah its around 120-150 per class + books for the summer...but my government teacher told us we didn't need to buy books for her class so that saved me 80dollars
pimp.gif
she was cool, easy grade.

Hmm that sounds like a great idea. I think I'll take 2 summer classes and hopefully I get that cool government teacher you're talking about. What'sher name?
laugh.gif

Hopefully I get this $1,000 dollar scholarship to north harris so i can do my basics during the summer and transfer to either UofH or Sam Houston Sate in thefall semester.

Did you just graduate high school last year? I'm curious, if so, what school?

I don't even know what classes to enroll in for my 1st year of basics.
frown.gif

her name i forgot i threw away the papers, but she teaches night classes the only gov. teacher.

na i graduated 05 from aldine...just started going to school last spring, was working and wasting time.

take a mixture i recommend, english, elective(a class that counts), math,science, or gov., don't take all the hard classes at once or you'll getbehind.

speech
intro to computers, are requirements(other easy classes but i can't think right now) so might as well through them in the mix, im doing speech right nowcombined with english 1301 and government 2, for spring ill do intro to computer, english 1302, and a other required elective or history (i think i dont knowif i need it since ill be done with government 2) or ill end up retaking government 2 haha

always do required courses, dont waste your time doing classes that don't count for nothing or classes that don't transfer out, your adviser will helpyou out a lot, just tell her you know what you want to be already, and she'll make out the best schedule for you

Hmm, alright that helps out alot. Well I've already applied for North Harris already and I'm just waiting until I graduate to enroll for classes andwhat not.

Hopefully I'll get this $1,000 dollar scholarship there and I'll use my own money or financial aide for the rest of what I need to pay.

So is this plan good so far?

Summer of 2009 - Take 1 basic that I need for 6 weeks, 1 day a week, about 4 hours a day.

Fall of 2009 - How many classes can you take during the regular semesters? Or what would you recommend and what did YOU do?

How do I know who my advisor is?

My friend keeps telling me I'm going to become lazy at North Harris, but I think he just wants me to go to Sam Houston with him.
laugh.gif

1000 will get you through the summer and the fall + the books you might have some left over.

im taking 3 classes right now, 3 days a week 3 hours each class (but they let us out a little early some classes), um its up to you and how much you canhandle. 3 is enough for me, i have papers due, speeches to prepare, and tests and quizzes to study for, if you could do 4 then just do 2 main classes(english,science,history,math) and 2 required electives.

lazy like how? haha every class ive been in besides the summer gov. i had lots of work to do, some teachers just give you your assignment and talk for a littlebit and let you leave, but you still gotta turn it in, besides the summer class i have not had any easy grades i had to earn them.

You sound like you know what you're doing.
laugh.gif
That's good though.
smokin.gif

Ok well I'll just take 1 Summer Class that I need. And when the Fall Semester of 2009 comes I'm gonna take 3 classes, 3 days, a week and 3 hours eachclass just like you.

Is this your last year at North Harris? I mean you should be done with basics since it's your second year right? Or did you mean you started Spring 2008?

yea i started spring 08 i still got this year and maybe next or part of next year.

i forgot to answer, your adviser is who ever you walk and up talk to the first time i think, or on the door it has what last names of who they take i think.

which lonestar (i hate that name) will you be attending?

I'm going to attend North Harris also. Just trying to do my 2 years of basics and tranfer to UH Main Campus to major in Radiology/Radiologic Technician.

Hmm, well I've already applied online from lonestar.edu and I got an account ready. So do I go up to the North Harris Campus (By Nimitz H.S.) to enroll inclasses? I don't know what to enroll in, but that's where my advisor comes in correct?

I'm trying to finish basics within 2 years of less.

BTW, What are you going to major in?

yea just go up to the front desk, ask to see an advisor and tell her you want to enroll because your graduating this year and tell her you want to take summerclass etc etc.

major sports journalism
eyes.gif
i know people say its a bad future but...

i want to open a sports bar, and i might try to get a certificate in some computer classes as backup plans.

if u hit up lonestar gp hit me up thats where i go

Back
Top Bottom