Unpopular Opinion(s) Thread

cannibalism isn't that bad and shouldn't be outlawed.
giphy.gif

A person who prevents or disapproves of suicide is as selfish as a person who wishes to or commits suicide.
I'll take it 2 steps further.

1. If someone is miserable to the point of not wanting to be alive any they are at their wits ends & is by no means selfish b/c they stuck it out as long as they could a.k.a. being selfless. If anything they were brave. Brave enough to fight that long and
brave enough of to go through w/ it.

2. "Brave enough of to go through w/ it" I'm gonna expound on this w/ my own experience on a way lesser level. Although I have never been suicidal I have stared at death.

One time I was standing on the edge of cliff wild high somewhere on appalachian trail, a few miles from the mahoosuc notch. While standing on the edge of that cliff I looked down & at some point during my time looking down the eeriness of me being able to end it all right then and there just hit me w/ overwhelming blows.

As easy as it was to step off that cliff it was just as hard. Suicidal ppl live that way everyday, but disturbingly w/ an actual urge to end it.
Most of the Star Wars series is trash. Like a good 66%

Most overrated franchise.
It's the extended universe & legends that elevates the fandom moreso than the films. A lot of good stories & comics.

Religion, spirituality, philosophy, are different aspects or perhaps emphases on the same issue. The modern western disregard for religion is simply a lack of understanding encouraged by secular disregard for the spiritual nature of man.

I'll break it down like this:

Religion: The External, the Body. It is the outer presentation. It is the codification of laws deriving philosophical thought, interpreted through the spirit/inner meaning of it all. It is the aesthetics, the traditions, the culture, the rituals and practices.

Spirituality: The inner heart of the religion. The Universal truth pointed to by all religious-philosophical traditions but must be 'localized' into a religion to be understandable to a specific populace at a given point in time and location.

Philosophy: The mind, the reasoning. The logic to the system that aids in understanding the beliefs and practices that lead us all toward the universal truth.

cannibalism isn't that bad and shouldn't be outlawed.
Went to intermediate school and dormed with papuas (Papua New Guinea). Roommate told me they still practice that and blk magic in the jungles. It’s more spiritual Rather deviant though. But **** that ****. Ain’t nobody eating me and I’m not eating nobody

Back
Top Bottom