Unpopular Opinion(s) Thread

sports wise,

instead of watching pros play, people should focus more on playing the game themselves.

This is my argument for why esports are just as legit. People act like watching people play video games are so different than watching some dribble up and down the court.

It’s high skill level than I have whether thumb control or actual handles. All the same ish in watching. People also watch pr0n and don’t have actual intercourse. People love watching others live no matter what the media platform is.

I doubt he/she has, given that he/she is on Niketalk seeking answers.

Also, putting friends of color in quotation doesn't paint you as someone who's above it. Let me guess, you "don't see color?"

See, everyone wants to talk, but no one wants to learn.
You can guess and be wrong again but seems you like being wrong consistently. Your ig tea seller quote is cute and all but people want to learn but just not from people with no proven qualifications acting like they’re top stuff.

Maybe you should go have a conversation with your Black friends and your friends of color. They can help you understand. If you do that, listen to them. Seriously, actually listen. No interjections, just be quiet and listen. @Methodical Management eloquently addressed this thought in the Air Force 1 thread (I know right?). Page 1619, the 10th response in.

Also, there are many books available that can address your thought. I recommend "White Fragility" by Robin DiAngelo. If you're actually looking for an answer, read the book. BTW Ms. DiAngelo is a White woman. I mention that to quell any assumptions that this is an "anti-whitey" book, which may deter you from reading and quenching your concerns.

Honestly, I've probably read this debate like north of 30 times and have spoken about it like once. I rarely do anything but read since usually this idea is wrapped around a more controversial topic that I'm not trying to derail (i.e Meth was mentioning this topic in relation to Kap).

I agree with his post. Where you lose me is when the imbalance of power jumps to an absolute.

In his post, he uses words like "more", "greater", etc to differentiate the impact of racial prejudice coming from different racial groups. I agree with that. But that implies some scaling, not a binary.

An individual can be more racist the more power he accumulates by that definition right? So a president can be more racist than a homeless person because he has a higher ability to exert power behind his prejudice?

You can guess and be wrong again but seems you like being wrong consistently. Your ig tea seller quote is cute and all but people want to learn but just not from people with no proven qualifications acting like they’re top stuff.

It’s not a quote to put on a t-shirt. It’s just fact, which you’ve proven. Never said I was top stuff, see I actually provided the member with a possible source of education.

It is evident you have nothing to contribute. You should’ve just liked his/her post and moved on. However, you decided to chime in for the sake of, which is the behavior of a monolithic mindset.

These over Stan Smiths or even all Black AF1’s.
425FFDDD-1A11-457B-860F-DA2E1776A095.jpeg
These are clean. They remind me of a pair of Reeboks i have somewhere in the crib. The leather on them is butter. I have no idea what the model is though, and i cant find pics online

It’s not a quote to put on a t-shirt. It’s just fact, which you’ve proven. Never said I was top stuff, see I actually provided the member with a possible source of education.

It is evident you have nothing to contribute. You should’ve just liked his/her post and moved on. However, you decided to chime in for the sake of, which is the behavior of a monolithic mindset.
You posted a member acting like duke the final say stop it. I got as much to contribute as you do if you feel you contribute nothing that’s the only way I’ll agree. Since I’m pretty sure you don’t see your post that way I’m doing exactly what you’re doing aka posting my opinion. Lastly save me the dime store psychology fam. I chimed in because I disagreed no more no less.

You posted a member acting like duke the final say stop it. I got as much to contribute as you do if you feel you contribute nothing that’s the only way I’ll agree. Since I’m pretty sure you don’t see your post that way I’m doing exactly what you’re doing aka posting my opinion. Lastly save me the dime store psychology fam. I chimed in because I disagreed no more no less.
Let me guess, you aren’t Black.

Let me guess, you aren’t Black.
It doesn’t matter but you can guess wrong all day caricature. You’re better off staying on the coli with your are you black when I don’t agree with your version of black. That limited stuff get way more play over there.

Here’s an unpopular opinion here on niketalk. The non Black people here are far too comfortable, while speaking of Black identity, then what that should mean exactly. If your people were not on that boat ride, you know, the one that they are attempting to eliminate from all textbooks? You know, with one of the ships named after Jesus Christ? You need to sit down, then shut up.

Your cowardice constantly rears its ugly head. I am certain that jesus loves you.
I’m pretty sure Jesus and everybody else loves me too. I’m as much a coward as you online caricature so whatever level of coward you are I’m rogut there with you. Like I said take your acting to the coli where it’s more appreciated.

If you’re looking for cowardice might want to look at the other person who liked the post of yours besides me. That’s true cowardice right there.

I’m pretty sure Jesus and everybody else loves me too. I’m as much a coward as you online caricature so whatever level of coward you are I’m rogut there with you. Like I said take your acting to the coli where it’s more appreciated
Umm hmm. Quite obviously, I’ve hit a nerve. Good. Perhaps one of your imaginary friends that love you, can help you with your dilemma. Personal issues such as yours? Are not my forte. My expertise lies in being Black and fantastic. I feel sorry for people like you.

Umm hmm. Quite obviously, I’ve hit a nerve. Good. Perhaps one of your imaginary friends that love you, can help you with your dilemma. Personal issues such as yours? Are not my forte. My expertise lies in being Black and fantastic. I feel sorry for people like you.
I know your type wish you hit a nerve but nope just replying back to your basic babble. Your expertise is in being a black caricature that stay online because offline you’re a nobody. I don’t have any dilemmas but I know you wish I did caricature

This is my argument for why esports are just as legit. People act like watching people play video games are so different than watching some dribble up and down the court.

It’s high skill level than I have whether thumb control or actual handles. All the same ish in watching. People also watch pr0n and don’t have actual intercourse. People love watching others live no matter what the media platform is.

Worked in esports for a year, and I can say firsthand, it's insane. My cousin is a pro player, and the amount of time he has to dedicate to practice and other exercising (both mental exercises and physical) is crazy. It's a full time job, and it's very demanding.

There was a lot of controversy in the beginning of OWL because a lot of the international teams just drilled their players to work and train 18 hours a day. Those teams had to then develop routines that weren't just sitting at a desk all damn day. It was quite fascinating to watch the players transition into a more athlete-type daily routine.

The Montreal Screwjob isn’t as big of a deal as it was made into. Yeah it was grimy, but ppl act lives were lost and children were bumped over bridges. It’s not that big of a deal.
Agreed. Owen's death is the worst thing to happen to the Hart family, not Bret's work.

I know your type wish you hit a nerve but nope just replying back to your basic babble. Your expertise is in being a black caricature that stay online because offline you’re a nobody. I don’t have any dilemmas but I know you wish I did caricature
I’m a nobody off line? lol I am certain that you NEED to feel that way. You NEED to, in order to feel good about yourself. That is the only way people like you can survive. If people feel good about being Black? That means that your entire existence, is nothing but a fraud. This is a good thing. Magnificent thing.

That is because there are people on this site that go hard for white supremacy.

I’m a nobody off line? lol I am certain that you NEED to feel that way. You NEED to, in order to feel good about yourself. That is the only way people like you can survive. If people feel good about being Black? That means that your entire existence, is nothing but a fraud. This is a good thing. Magnificent thing.
I’m certain I don’t need to feel that way just spoke the truth. Who mentioned anything about you feeling good about being black? Your insecurities are showing. Maybe you don’t feel as good as you claim because I didn’t mention anything about you not feeling good about being black. If my existence is a fraud that means yours is too so if that’s what you want I guess. I don’t agree of course.

This is literally the unpopular opinions thread. Why people are getting hurt in here from someone else's opinion is beyond me.
Probably the same reason you felt compelled to post what you posted. Everybody felt like speaking on someone elses post. I think it’s pretty simple or else none of us would post unless it was to mention our unpopular opinions

I’m certain I don’t need to feel that way just spoke the truth. Who mentioned anything about you feeling good about being black? Your insecurities are showing. Maybe you don’t feel as good as you claim because I didn’t mention anything about you not feeling good about being black. If my existence is a fraud that means yours is too so if that’s what you want I guess. I don’t agree of course.
So, truth is backed through fact, correct? You said that I am nobody off line, right? Prove it. Coward. You show up whenever any pro Black comments are made, with your attempts shoot them down. The mods aren’t going to help you here either.

Nothing wrong with having American pride.

There’s 2 types. New and old. F the old. The new starts with change and admitting that the old is full of lies and thievery.

Probably the same reason you felt compelled to post what you posted. Everybody felt like speaking on someone elses post. I think it’s pretty simple or else none of us would post unless it was to mention our unpopular opinions

I was speaking more so to the people coming at the dude who made the original comment about minorities but it seems at this point people are just arguing just to argue

Back
Top Bottom