Until this stops, collecting shoes will never be the same.

Yall trippin thinking this is a new thing... For the past 10 years prices on "heat" have been crazy. 

This Hypebeast mentality started in 02/03 when SLAM magazine published that damn article on the first pair of White/Cement IVs to hit $400 on ebay. Ever since then prices have EXPLODED!!!

It has really never been the same, keeps changing all the time saturating in each new city.

Sounds like you really wanted the shoes. Just don't bite the bullet and move on. hopefully everyone else will do the same and you can eventually cop at a reasonable price. Other than that if someone is willing to bite the bullet on whatever price sellers think the market is, well then your out you don't get it for your price.

Just how much are you willing to pay over price???

on one hand i can't knock the hustle, i've done it.  hell, i resold some tickets tonight i got free and made guap.

on the other hand i miss the days of kicks when you could cop foot action exclusives like storm troopers a week after they dropped.  it was never fun to me to be that dude who had the rare shoes.  i just liked shoes.  now you need a twitter account to cop jays.  i'm good on all that.  i'd rather spend it on a night at the club or a few books and rock my vans. 

not gonna lie though, i still cop my foambs and select jays.  last shoes i bought were the cool grey 11's though. 

I've been reading the yeezy 2 thread since Friday. It's pure comedy but at the same time just straight up sad!

Here goes this NT Elitest attitude. Why do you all feel that you are the ones who should set the rules to shoe sell/buy game?

I think you nailed it with Resellers killing it.

As i get older my priorities change but my discretionary spending now goes to work clothes......because i can't get shoes i want....ever lol.  I wanted AJ KO's log onto NDC at 7 last night to get them.....sold out in a 10.5 before it even turned 7:01.

I can't even find some Calypso Roshe's for retail and I didn't think they were THAT popular.  I still want shoes just as much as i did when i was 16-20 but i just can't get them anymore lol.  I used to walk into stores the morning they release about an hour after they opened scoop my size and be off.  Now there are limited releases....QS releases...Limited QS Tier 0 releases....Magical Cloak Tinker Hatfield Gentry Hates you releases.

I will still try for shoes i really want....but at this point im getting 0 of them.  Not even a here and there.....NONE.  Missed Playoff XIIs missed KD IV All stars just missed KO's. 

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Here goes this NT Elitest attitude. Why do you all feel that you are the ones who should set the rules to shoe sell/buy game?
Don't you remember the days when you could buy the shoes you wanted for the retail price?

I put 50% of the blame on JB and stupid limited releases and 50% on resellers.

There have been a few releases I've wanted in the past few years, but no pair is worth 48 hours or $300.

I never understand why these responses come up in every thread

"You're not buying them. Why should you care"

"Stay out that mans pocket"

"Why are you worried about what the next man wears"

Its like no one can have an opinion. Smh.

If someone is stupid enough to pay that much for the SB Lebron's, why are you mad and how does this affect you? I say, more power to the seller if they can get a come up like that.

I mean if people are dumb enough to pay 600+ for some basketball shoes that I want I can pretty quickly get over it.

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

Dont really care since i fell out of shoes.
I'll cop the shoes i want later on down the road when i get my life stable and money right.

I must say though. I am birds eye viewing the yezzy 2s... If i get a pair bruh... 

face+money.gif

QFT, same exact thing

Originally Posted by abernja

^ Exactly my point.

Had that shoe released for $88 without Kanye attached to it you could find them on sale for $59.99 two weeks after release.
I wouldn't pay even $20 for that ugly monstrosity.

It started with the altitudes you can't blame them for trying to make money. It's no different then Nike or any other buisness trying to make money by charging 100x more than cost to produce. Sad thing is Jordan caught on to the hype and made the shoes of lesser quality.
Does anyone remember when you could find shoes on niketalk cheaper then in the store DS? hhmmmmm the good old days.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

If someone is stupid enough to pay that much for the SB Lebron's, why are you mad and how does this affect you? I say, more power to the seller if they can get a come up like that.
I'm only mad because I'm not the one selling them. 
laugh.gif

Not into kick anymore like that because of the quality has stooped and I'm no longer down to camp for sneakers but I do buy a pair here and there. I'm dreading that I might have to camp for the 6/7 pack that's coming out in Aug.(Anyone know a mom and pop store that will be selling them earlier please let me know!) The only way to end the extreme re-sale prices is if people stop paying so much, the sellers will have no choice but to bring the prices down IMO.

it's like anything hobby/interest. Limited product x high demand = ridiculous internet prices.

be it shoes, guns (my current hobby), stamps, beanie babies, it's all the same game.

i stopped being salty about not being able to buy kicks i wanted due to resellers in 2009. Im not willing to pay resale prices, so im just assed out. oh well, life goes on.

Back
Top Bottom