Upcoming college graduates...what do you have planned next?

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Move to Hong Kong and teach English.
You fluent in Cantonese? I applied to teach English in Spain this summer, they said it didn't matter but my Spanish is elementary and that's being generous.
30t6p3b.gif
Nah.  I'm decent though.  Actually, a big part of the reason i'm trying to go there is to step my Cantonese up.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Move to Hong Kong and teach English.
You fluent in Cantonese? I applied to teach English in Spain this summer, they said it didn't matter but my Spanish is elementary and that's being generous.
30t6p3b.gif
Nah.  I'm decent though.  Actually, a big part of the reason i'm trying to go there is to step my Cantonese up.

I'll be graduating with a Econ degree with a minor in Sociology and Business.

Pops wants to groom me to take over his accounting business so I'm going to take some more accounting classes and a tax prep course and see how that works out for the next year. I'm really considering law or grad school but I feel like I have an obligation to the family being the last child (chance) to keep the business in the family, so I'm looking at a year or two with my dad while working towards Law School & CPA so no long paper for a good 5-6 years.
frown.gif

I'll be graduating with a Econ degree with a minor in Sociology and Business.

Pops wants to groom me to take over his accounting business so I'm going to take some more accounting classes and a tax prep course and see how that works out for the next year. I'm really considering law or grad school but I feel like I have an obligation to the family being the last child (chance) to keep the business in the family, so I'm looking at a year or two with my dad while working towards Law School & CPA so no long paper for a good 5-6 years.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Interdisciplinary Studies (IDS) - Sports Management, Communication, Political Science

Essentially like creating your own major.

gonna be difficult landing a job with your degree
I'm not too worried about it.  I'm confident in my abilities and in the field I'm looking to go into it is really all about connections.  I see my self becoming an entrepreneur more than anything.

I'm also going to be taking the GMAT next year and apply for a MBA in Business Administration if I think it will help me out.

I really just want to get some sort of paid internship to save up money and get experience until this business takes off.  We won't forget about #NT though we'll be giving back!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Interdisciplinary Studies (IDS) - Sports Management, Communication, Political Science

Essentially like creating your own major.

gonna be difficult landing a job with your degree
I'm not too worried about it.  I'm confident in my abilities and in the field I'm looking to go into it is really all about connections.  I see my self becoming an entrepreneur more than anything.

I'm also going to be taking the GMAT next year and apply for a MBA in Business Administration if I think it will help me out.

I really just want to get some sort of paid internship to save up money and get experience until this business takes off.  We won't forget about #NT though we'll be giving back!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I'm trying to decide whether I want to actually use my degree and become a design engineer or whether I'd rather travel to a different country and teach English. 

I'm trying to decide whether I want to actually use my degree and become a design engineer or whether I'd rather travel to a different country and teach English. 

My advice to college grads would be to live at home for a year and save money if at all possible with your job. If you still want to go out and party you can always crash at a friends place or go back to campus for a weekend for football games or something.

I didn't do this and would definitely have a lot more money saved up if I did. Paying about $650 to $700 a month for rent, utilities, internet, and power adds up quick.

My advice to college grads would be to live at home for a year and save money if at all possible with your job. If you still want to go out and party you can always crash at a friends place or go back to campus for a weekend for football games or something.

I didn't do this and would definitely have a lot more money saved up if I did. Paying about $650 to $700 a month for rent, utilities, internet, and power adds up quick.

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Yea, I`m just going to transfer to a location at home with my current gig, prob be applying to other spots, but more so if I dont get anything I`m just going to go to grad school and try to freak internships

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Yea, I`m just going to transfer to a location at home with my current gig, prob be applying to other spots, but more so if I dont get anything I`m just going to go to grad school and try to freak internships

Graduated this past December and finally found a job as a Junior Accountant. Gonna start in March.

Graduated this past December and finally found a job as a Junior Accountant. Gonna start in March.

OP I am also a future UA graduate. And the only thing in my future is grad school, with a possibility of pharm school.

OP I am also a future UA graduate. And the only thing in my future is grad school, with a possibility of pharm school.

Back
Top Bottom