Update 3: Home now! Looking like that time where I leave this earth

UPDATE:

Just got back from the funeral home. The workers there weren't allowed to give me the family's number or address without their consent, which is understandable. I left my information with them and they told me they would contact me. Went and payed my respects at his burial site. Hopefully I get a call back, but I understand if they don't.

Y'all just enjoy life man. Make the most out of the situations you're in. Any conflicts, grudges, or issues you have with friends or family, just let it go. Life is too damn short to be mad at someone forever. We lost a good caring person.

You're a good man. Respect for going out of your way to do that.

Yeah man props.....Did you tell them to tell his family about NT or something? Hopefully they get back with you

RIP Fernando 
tired.gif

much love brotha
frown.gif

Nice Stein.
I figured they must've had some type of policy where they can't give us the info we need.

Hopefully they get back to you with something.
Holla at the thread if they do.

Last edited:
Hope he rests in peace now knowing that his online family knows about his whereabouts. RIP my man.

I hate being here though... And it's a "nicer" hospital too ( Stanford in Ca)

Thanks for all the prayers and positivity.

People say this everyday

" love life" :

you should even if it has its ups and downs then when it's about to be taken away you realize you don't want it gone.
Scary to me because, up until these past few days I was never scared to go and was always ready... Guess I was wrong...
( hope that makes sense, not a guru with words)

Love y'all
( no you know)

Update 3: vol I'm home now

Got home Tuesday night and I slept all through yesterday. So didnt update.
I feel ok, just really weak. My legs are so Wack right now. Like they lost so much mass it's nasty. None of my gear fits right.
Anyways who's cares about that I'm alive.

Feels weird to be at home an stuff.
I am pretty phisically and mentally drained.
Sometimes I just start tearing up, from sadness ( how I feel like I burden people for wing sick and stress them and stuff)
Or
Happiness from being alive. And knowin so many people support me.

Got an appointment Monday to see what's up next. Because I still have lymphoma and still have to get rid of that. I know I have to have a bone marrow transplant and probably go to the east coast for some trial treatments
( either at the NIH in Maryland or Columbia uni in NY and be there for weeks at a time)
Don't know how imma be able to do that, I'm such a homebody...
But imma beat this, no doubt... Woulda been dead already if I wasn't going to.

Thanks for all the support NT and all the dudes offering to send me stuff and chill with me. Love NT.
really appreciate it

( also if I go to NY imma need to know of the best pizza spots, my fav food. And last time I was there I had just random spots and they were delicious)

I would have brought you to the best pizza spot in all of new york, in all of brooklyn.. my treat.

Rest in heaven brother.. bless your soul.

- Much luv, Stay freshhh forever !!

Ps. LoveLife .. - Beezylocks

Last edited:
Originally Posted by beezylocks  

People say this everyday
" love life" :
you should even if it has its ups and downs then when it's about to be taken away you realize you don't want it gone.
Scary to me because, up until these past few days I was never scared to go and was always ready... Guess I was wrong...
( hope that makes sense, not a guru with words)

Love y'all
( no you know)

These words right here got this grown *** man misty-eyed.  

I know I lose sight of the big picture all the time.  It's so easy to get wrapped up in little scenarios and act like they're so life-defining, when the truth is that they mean absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.  Tough times are so easy to focus on and I know that I often tend to forget to actually ENJOY life and the people in it.  My wife has been nagging me about this for awhile now, however reading beezy's words tonight made it hit home for me.  

RIP sir and thanks for the jewel you dropped without probably even knowing it.  I'm gonna approach life differently from here on out thanks to your struggle and willingness to share it with your NT bros.  

He's actually changed my outlook on life again.

Just live and love life. And when a little petty problem stresses me out, I'll just remember to live and love life, thanks to you Beezy.

UPDATE:

Just got back from the funeral home. The workers there weren't allowed to give me the family's number or address without their consent, which is understandable. I left my information with them and they told me they would contact me. Went and payed my respects at his burial site. Hopefully I get a call back, but I understand if they don't.

Y'all just enjoy life man. Make the most out of the situations you're in. Any conflicts, grudges, or issues you have with friends or family, just let it go. Life is too damn short to be mad at someone forever. We lost a good caring person.

I really appreciate you doing that. Hopefully we'll be able to put together something for his family.

I've been going through some small stuff lately, but this whole situation puts everything in perspective.

Life is way too short to waste time mulling over things that are out of your control. Have to stop taking every breath for granted and appreciate the time I have here and make the best of it.

If nothing else, Fernando Acosta made a lasting impression and had a positive effect on the lives of a lot of us. Take this as a lesson. When it's time, it's time. Until then, live.

Thank you Fernando. Rest in peace, family.

RIP man :frown:

this really hurts....you feel like you know some one when you see them post all the time and his avy always stood out so read a lot of his posts in the DB thread and in the Flyknit/Free threads in the nike forum.

This is awful. I really hope I remember this and use this as a tool to remind myself to go for things I want and to live life. I always get sucked into little things and tell myself reasons I can't do things.

RIP

And condolences to his family

I've been going through some small stuff lately, but this whole situation puts everything in perspective.

Life is way too short to waste time mulling over things that are out of your control. Have to stop taking every breath for granted and appreciate the time I have here and make the best of it.

If nothing else, Fernando Acosta made a lasting impression and had a positive effect on the lives of a lot of us. Take this as a lesson. When it's time, it's time. Until then, live.

Thank you Fernando. Rest in peace, family.

Well said.

Back
Top Bottom