[Update] Lorenzen Wright Found Dead...

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Lost the link, but ESPN is scrolling it on their ticker too. They finally admitted to blowing it on that 911 call. They tried to call back and nobody answered. Now the report is you could hear ALL 12 shots in the background of the call. They "mishandled" it in that not only did they not react, they didn't even inform the investigators about the call or the shots until the 27th, 8 days later. It's also a big deal because the first 48hrs of a homicide are believed to be the critical period if it's going to be solved.

I think they need to go hard at his ex wife and Bobby Cole, since there are apparently no other leads and motives.
Exactly.

There's no telling how much evidence could've been destroyed after that long period. Whomever the dispatcher was that answered the call needs to be disciplined. Anytime you hear something like that, you should always report it no matter what the case is. Also, its pretty dumb to not say anything when the next day he came up missing.

There's a reason why once MPD found out where the call was placed, they were able to find the body within hours. Searching Germantown (which isn't that big) doesn't take forever to do when the police is involved, but Germantown police kept their mouth closed for so long. Its like they were trying to find him themselves so they could get credit for it. Shameful, but you never know.

http://www.myeyewitnessne...L7DPHhEicUtx0QXMwuQ.cspx

MEMPHIS, TN - At least half a dozen police cars sat outside 39-year-old Sherra Wright's Collierville house on Sunday, August 1, 2010, as detectives searched inside and out for clues into the murder of Wright's ex-husband, former Memphis Tiger and Memphis Grizzlies player Lorenzen Wright.

The bullet-riddled body of the NBA free agent was found in a field in Southeast Memphis on Wednesday, July 28, 2010. His mother reported Wright missing on July 22nd, saying she suspected foul play. Sherra Wright was the last person to see him alive, telling the authorites she saw him leave her house in Collierville on July 18th.

Investigators with the Memphis Police Department spent much of the day Sunday, searching Sherra Wright's home for evidence. They could be seen removing several items, and at one point, were in the backyard looking very carefully at Wright's grill and fire pit.

Neighbors reported a large fire in her backyard after Wright's disappearance, and say they thought it was unusual for Wright to light a fire on one of the hottest nights of the year.

http://www.myeyewitnessne...L7DPHhEicUtx0QXMwuQ.cspx

MEMPHIS, TN - At least half a dozen police cars sat outside 39-year-old Sherra Wright's Collierville house on Sunday, August 1, 2010, as detectives searched inside and out for clues into the murder of Wright's ex-husband, former Memphis Tiger and Memphis Grizzlies player Lorenzen Wright.

The bullet-riddled body of the NBA free agent was found in a field in Southeast Memphis on Wednesday, July 28, 2010. His mother reported Wright missing on July 22nd, saying she suspected foul play. Sherra Wright was the last person to see him alive, telling the authorites she saw him leave her house in Collierville on July 18th.

Investigators with the Memphis Police Department spent much of the day Sunday, searching Sherra Wright's home for evidence. They could be seen removing several items, and at one point, were in the backyard looking very carefully at Wright's grill and fire pit.

Neighbors reported a large fire in her backyard after Wright's disappearance, and say they thought it was unusual for Wright to light a fire on one of the hottest nights of the year.

Interesting.

I really hope she didn't have a hand in his death.

Interesting.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Interesting.

QFT 
ohwell.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif

Interesting.

QFT 
ohwell.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif

Huge fire, on the 23rd which I guess would have been 4 days after his death? Reeks of destroying evidence,

Regardless, even though it won't bring him back I hope this whole thing is solved so his family at least gets some sort of closure and the perpetrators are bought to justoce

Huge fire, on the 23rd which I guess would have been 4 days after his death? Reeks of destroying evidence,

Regardless, even though it won't bring him back I hope this whole thing is solved so his family at least gets some sort of closure and the perpetrators are bought to justoce

don't know much about divorce law and if it affects life insurance, why would she still be the named beneficiary if she's the ex wife??? i hope he wasn't dumb enough not to remove her as a beneficiary on any policy he had.

or what happens to ones obligations when you owe /alimony/child support after you've died?

more....

http://www.myeyewitnessne...SaD6TgEuKweYJe9HGhw.cspx

comments from the neighbors

MEMPHIS,TN – Homicide detectives spent their Sunday afternoon in Sherra Wright’s Collierville home collecting evidence. They spent an hour in the backyard which doesn’t come as a surprise to neighbors Tim Coleman and Ruth Ann Carnes who saw heavy smoke coming from the fire pit the day Lorenzen went missing. They say that’s because Sherra Wright started a fire in the backyard, and they thought it was unusual for Wright to light a fire on one of the hottest nights of the year.

Coleman says that’s not the only bizarre behavior he’s noticed over the weeks. While on the phone in her front yard he heard Sherra Wright on the phone. “I just heard her talking to somebody about needing her money. I don’t know anymore than that. I really try not to listen to it but when she’s screaming it’s hard not to hear stuff.

don't know much about divorce law and if it affects life insurance, why would she still be the named beneficiary if she's the ex wife??? i hope he wasn't dumb enough not to remove her as a beneficiary on any policy he had.

or what happens to ones obligations when you owe /alimony/child support after you've died?

more....

http://www.myeyewitnessne...SaD6TgEuKweYJe9HGhw.cspx

comments from the neighbors

MEMPHIS,TN – Homicide detectives spent their Sunday afternoon in Sherra Wright’s Collierville home collecting evidence. They spent an hour in the backyard which doesn’t come as a surprise to neighbors Tim Coleman and Ruth Ann Carnes who saw heavy smoke coming from the fire pit the day Lorenzen went missing. They say that’s because Sherra Wright started a fire in the backyard, and they thought it was unusual for Wright to light a fire on one of the hottest nights of the year.

Coleman says that’s not the only bizarre behavior he’s noticed over the weeks. While on the phone in her front yard he heard Sherra Wright on the phone. “I just heard her talking to somebody about needing her money. I don’t know anymore than that. I really try not to listen to it but when she’s screaming it’s hard not to hear stuff.

Originally Posted by ClevelandsPrince23

Interesting.

QFT 
ohwell.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif

ohwell.gif

Interesting.

QFT 
ohwell.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

The ex is looking very suspicious right about now
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif

I thought Sean Taylor's wife still is suspicious but that's another story...
This is some BS.  I'm salty about this whole thing.  I wanna know the truth.  
tired.gif

ohwell.gif
nerd.gif

This is some BS.  I'm salty about this whole thing.  I wanna know the truth.  
tired.gif

ohwell.gif
nerd.gif

U dont know what youre talkin about at all. 
Leave the encyclopedia Brown detective work alone

ohwell.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

ohwell.gif
nerd.gif

Exactly. The 3 dudes who broke into ST's place turned themselves in and confessed everything.

This woman on the other hand.....

1. Says armed guys dressed in sports coats came to her door to threaten her and her family 6 weeks before Wright goes missing, but she doesn't report this fact to the police until AFTER Wright is killed. News of his disappearance was all over the news, but nope, she decides this secret must be held close to the vest.

2. Neighbors notice her burning something in the back yard the day Wright goes missing, and neighbors thought it was peculiar because it was one of the hottest nights of the summer.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

ohwell.gif
nerd.gif

Exactly. The 3 dudes who broke into ST's place turned themselves in and confessed everything.

This woman on the other hand.....

1. Says armed guys dressed in sports coats came to her door to threaten her and her family 6 weeks before Wright goes missing, but she doesn't report this fact to the police until AFTER Wright is killed. News of his disappearance was all over the news, but nope, she decides this secret must be held close to the vest.

2. Neighbors notice her burning something in the back yard the day Wright goes missing, and neighbors thought it was peculiar because it was one of the hottest nights of the summer.

Back
Top Bottom