[Update] Lorenzen Wright Found Dead...

I'm not exactly sure how the entire investigation - from the Missing Person's Report being taken to his body being discovered by Memphis PD was handled... but to everyone stating that the Dispatcher, the Police, etc. "dropped the ball" on the 911 call, like another person stated, cell phone calls are nearly impossible to track unless the caller is still on the line.

In California, when a cell phone dials 911 - the call immediately goes to California Highway Patrol, simply because the cell phone, although located in the state, there is no way of determining whether the caller's in Northern Cal or Southern Cal, that is, until the call connects.  Once the call connects, the towers closest to where the cell phone is located will give an estimated address or location.

I'm not sure if Tennessee works that way, but I'm guessing it's somewhat similar.  Now, if the cell phone connection gave a mere estimated location, which could be any set of square mileage, depending on the cell phone carrier's towers, then the best thing that the dispatcher could do was dispatch an unit to the area of the estimated location of the call.  Unless the dispatcher didn't do this - then he/she dropped the ball.  Next, once dispatched, the unit was set to respond and look for evidence of a crime.  Unless PD didn't respond, then they dropped the ball.

I'm not exactly sure when (date/time) he was reported missing, when (time) the 911 call was made, and if Memphis PD unit that responded knew about the possibility of him being in some sort of danger.  It is until now, going back and putting the pieces together, that the entire story is being put together/timeline.  Sadly, that's the way a lot of these situations end up.

Now, if while searching for him, PD knew about the call + the contents of the call's audio and the fact that it was his cell phone..then the smart thing was to immediately designate a search team in that area.  Again, I'm not sure of the exact details of the situation..

Regardless, RIP L.W.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by dyyhard

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/jul/29/police-missed-connection-911-call-lorenzen-wright/

Sherra Robinson Wright opened her front door one day in recent weeks to find three men she had never seen before, each with guns tucked in their waistbands.

They looked serious and wanted to know if her ex-husband, former NBA star Lorenzen Wright, 34, happened to be inside the Whisperwood Drive home visiting his six children.

No, she assured them, and they drove away.

The frightened Collierville mom rushed to tell her divorce attorney, Gail Mathes, about the scary ordeal and her fears for herself, her children and the ex-husband she still loved, Mathes said.

indifferent.gif

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/jul/29/police-missed-connection-911-call-lorenzen-wright/

Sherra Robinson Wright opened her front door one day in recent weeks to find three men she had never seen before, each with guns tucked in their waistbands.

They looked serious and wanted to know if her ex-husband, former NBA star Lorenzen Wright, 34, happened to be inside the Whisperwood Drive home visiting his six children.

The frightened Collierville mom rushed to tell her divorce attorney, Gail Mathes, about the scary ordeal and her fears for herself, her children and the ex-husband she still loved, Mathes said.

indifferent.gif

So, how do you think they're gonna flip this? If he magically gets associated with a drug ring or something I wouldn't be surprised...either the easy way out for the media or "most believable" reason.
smh.gif
, RIP

So, how do you think they're gonna flip this? If he magically gets associated with a drug ring or something I wouldn't be surprised...either the easy way out for the media or "most believable" reason.
smh.gif
, RIP

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

indifferent.gif

Really???  She mentions this now???
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

Seems to me that she is covering her tracks, if you will. "Oh by the way, there were three men here with guns a few weeks ago looking for Lorenzen....."

Seems to me that she is covering her tracks, if you will. "Oh by the way, there were three men here with guns a few weeks ago looking for Lorenzen....."

Did she even tell LW that some men were looking for him, please tell me she did. She clearly told her lawyer.

Did she even tell LW that some men were looking for him, please tell me she did. She clearly told her lawyer.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
I hear you man! This is insane!

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
I hear you man! This is insane!

This is sad, did he have a gambling problem? It's just so crazy when things like this happen nobody talks

This is sad, did he have a gambling problem? It's just so crazy when things like this happen nobody talks

Thought the same thing. Like c'mon @!*!%...NOW you wanna mention this?

Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

I'm not exactly sure how the entire investigation - from the Missing Person's Report being taken to his body being discovered by Memphis PD was handled... but to everyone stating that the Dispatcher, the Police, etc. "dropped the ball" on the 911 call, like another person stated, cell phone calls are nearly impossible to track unless the caller is still on the line.

In California, when a cell phone dials 911 - the call immediately goes to California Highway Patrol, simply because the cell phone, although located in the state, there is no way of determining whether the caller's in Northern Cal or Southern Cal, that is, until the call connects.  Once the call connects, the towers closest to where the cell phone is located will give an estimated address or location.

I'm not sure if Tennessee works that way, but I'm guessing it's somewhat similar.  Now, if the cell phone connection gave a mere estimated location, which could be any set of square mileage, depending on the cell phone carrier's towers, then the best thing that the dispatcher could do was dispatch an unit to the area of the estimated location of the call.  Unless the dispatcher didn't do this - then he/she dropped the ball.  Next, once dispatched, the unit was set to respond and look for evidence of a crime.  Unless PD didn't respond, then they dropped the ball.

I'm not exactly sure when (date/time) he was reported missing, when (time) the 911 call was made, and if Memphis PD unit that responded knew about the possibility of him being in some sort of danger.  It is until now, going back and putting the pieces together, that the entire story is being put together/timeline.  Sadly, that's the way a lot of these situations end up.

Now, if while searching for him, PD knew about the call + the contents of the call's audio and the fact that it was his cell phone..then the smart thing was to immediately designate a search team in that area.  Again, I'm not sure of the exact details of the situation..

Regardless, RIP L.W.
tired.gif
I used to work in telecom and can tell you that California's E911 works totally different than other areas of the country.  They should have been able to determine a general area of where the call came from based on the cell tower.  But it sounds like they were in a rural location so that "general area" could have been much bigger than it would have been in a more highly populated area.  Regardless though, at the point in time the call took place, it sounds as if nothing would have saved him.  RIP.

Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

Regardless, RIP L.W.
tired.gif
I used to work in telecom and can tell you that California's E911 works totally different than other areas of the country.  They should have been able to determine a general area of where the call came from based on the cell tower.  But it sounds like they were in a rural location so that "general area" could have been much bigger than it would have been in a more highly populated area.  Regardless though, at the point in time the call took place, it sounds as if nothing would have saved him.  RIP.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Rens personal assistant said they should look into his ex-wife.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Rens personal assistant said they should look into his ex-wife.

Memphis Police are also looking into a 9-1-1 tape made from Wright's cell phone in the early hours of July 19. Sources who have heard the tape say it's chilling; you can hear Wright screaming, followed by several gun shots.

tired.gif

Horrible.  

Hopefully the call doesnt get released. The 911 calls from Chris Henry last year were hard to listen to.

Memphis Police are also looking into a 9-1-1 tape made from Wright's cell phone in the early hours of July 19. Sources who have heard the tape say it's chilling; you can hear Wright screaming, followed by several gun shots.

tired.gif

Horrible.  

Hopefully the call doesnt get released. The 911 calls from Chris Henry last year were hard to listen to.

Back
Top Bottom