Update: Meyer taking "indefinite leave of absence."

3........ this one is a stretch. He believes Jacksonville will fire Del Rio, they will then hire him and he will draft Timmy, only to drive that team into the ground and delay their move to LA a year or two.
laugh.gif

If Meyer (and his doctors) thinks he can come back in a year or two, Charlie needs to stay away. If not, the AD needs to get Charlie on a plane tomorrow nightwith a contract waiting in his seat. Strong could be the man for a long time if he decides to actually stay down inGainesville.

I don't understand Bob Stoops name being thrown around. Do people really want to see him in the SEC? The guy would get MURDERED in that conference and allhis flaws would be exposed.

Also I don't think it will be that easy for UF to hire a big name coach. If Urban Meyer is going to stay involved in the football program the new coachwill always have to look over their shoulder. In addition he would have to deal with the possibility of the decisions he makes as a coach being undermined.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

3........ this one is a stretch. He believes Jacksonville will fire Del Rio, they will then hire him and he will draft Timmy, only to drive that team into the ground and delay their move to LA a year or two.
laugh.gif

eek.gif
smh.gif
roll.gif
I just sent the same scenario to Chester, minus the move to LA part.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

UF's little 4 year reign in college football is officially over, things are finally going back to normal it's back to being third best in the state forthe Gators
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

laugh.gif
eek.gif
smh.gif
roll.gif
I just sent the same scenario to Chester, minus the move to LA part.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I know it was outlandish, but you never know these days. The NFL is all about money, think of the tickets they would sell if Urban went to the Jags anddrafted Tebow..$$$$$$$. But like I said, that would set that team back for a longggg time.

I was really suprised when I heard this. I think there's more to this than just health problems but I'll give Meyer thebenefit of the doubt for now.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Whoa....if it's truly his health, I'm hoping for a speedy recovery....

but a part of me thinks there is WAY more to this than meets the eye.

I am totally in agreement with this post.

I don't know if I would want Strong back at UF as HBC but he will certainly be considered. I guess the candidates would be Stoops, Gruden, Tedford,Peterson, Mullen, Strong, and Harbaugh.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

I wonder which underclassmen will transfer and recruits will decommit
nerd.gif

if they go get a good coach NONE

and yall can stop with the rumor crap about him leaving for other reasons.

December 26, 2009
[h1]Recruits are stunned by Meyer news[/h1]
Adam Gorney
GatorBait.net Assistant Editor

Talk about it in Alligator Alley
Commits heard the news Saturday that Urban Meyer was stepping down as Florida's coach from phone calls and text messages but mainly from television. No matter where they received the news there was a similar reaction: Shock.

[table][tr][td]
MACKBROWN11_11200.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Brown said he has talked with position coach Kenny Carter.[/td] [/tr][/table]No one hinted publicly that this might happen. Not to the media or to players that committed to the Gators. West Palm Beach Dwyer wide receiver Robert Clark, expected to enroll in a few weeks, said he heard the news while watching the Pittsburgh-North Carolina bowl game with his father.

He's still committed to Florida but has a lot to think about in the next few weeks.

"It's kind of crazy because I was committed to West Virginia, the same thing happened at West Virginia, and then I committed to Florida and now the same thing happened at Florida," Clark said. "It makes the decision even harder. I'm supposed to be leaving to go to school but now it's something to consider."

It's also something for Dwyer teammates Matt Elam, a five-star safety, and four-star tight end Gerald Christian to consider as well. Clark said he talked to Elam and Christian and neither has come to final decisions, the news too shocking to make snap decisions right away.

Lauderdale Lakes Boyd Anderson defensive back Demar Dorsey said he will take visits in January citing Tennessee, Oregon and West Virginia as three possible destinations. With Meyer, wide receivers coach Billy Gonzales and defensive coordinator Charlie Strong all leaving this off-season, Dorsey said he will consider his options.

"It was pretty unexpected," Dorsey said. "I didn't understand a couple of the coaching changes with coach Gonzales and then coach Strong and now this. It had everybody shocked.

"My commitment moving forward, I'm still committed to the University of Florida so that didn't change my decision to de-commit or anything but it opened my eyes up and I have to look around a little bit more."

Miami Booker T. Washington wide receiver Quinton Dunbar said he will remain committed to Florida unless it hires a run-first coach. He said teammate Lynden Trail, a defensive end, said he will be a Gator but Trail has said he will take some visits in January.

"I'm still committed," Dunbar said. "Just because the coach is gone doesn't mean I'm going to be gone. I'm still committed to the Gators.

"I don't want a head coach that just comes in and runs the option and doesn't pass. Of course, that would change it. I'm a Gator. But if the coach comes in and runs that style of offense, the only way it's going to change if he runs the option and doesn't pass."

Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas cornerback Cody Riggs said he will "hold his commitment" until he sees who is hired. Two leading candidates, Riggs said, could be Strong and Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen, a former offensive coordinator at Florida, but everything is mere speculation at this point.

"Of course everybody wants coach Strong or coach Mullen," Riggs said. "I'm just hoping they hire someone big or someone within the staff. Any one of those would be fine."

Cape Coral cornerback Jaylen Watkins said he remains committed to Florida. Venice quarterback Trey Burton said he "really has no clue what's going on right now," and that reaching him later in the weekend would be better. Fleming Island offensive lineman Ian Silberman said he had no comment about Meyer leaving.

Four-star running back Mack Brown said he remains committed to the Gators and that he's talked with position coach Kenny Carter. Tennessee has made a run at Brown and the Volunteers might look to pounce now that Meyer has stepped down.
Opposing coaches smell blood.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

I wonder which underclassmen will transfer and recruits will decommit
nerd.gif

if they go get a good coach NONE

and yall can stop with the rumor crap about him leaving for other reasons.
None? Come on man, you can't tell me arguably the best coach in college football resigns with no warning and not even a few players bolt.

The heart attack and defective heart valve are incorrect per a UF spokesman. So it just seems like stress and nothing that cant be corrected, which is good.

This really could affect Ohio State big time with recruits. Shaw, Elam, Henderson, Louis.

I cant help but think that was a subliminal...
Every since he canceled his official its been a wrap on elam but big brother does live in cleveland.

Originally Posted by raw120

I don't know if I would want Strong back at UF as HBC but he will certainly be considered. I guess the candidates would be Stoops, Gruden, Tedford, Peterson, Mullen, Strong, and Harbaugh.
pretty good list of candidates.
I would scratch Harbaugh off the list though.

Chris Peterson would be interesting...
Same colors, different location.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by IYE2

This really could affect Ohio State big time with recruits. Shaw, Elam, Henderson, Louis.
*Mutumbo finger wave*

Exactly. Elam will be a Nole if anything I just want him and Dunk and I`m straight (I actually think we`ll get both too). They can keep the rest..

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Originally Posted by raw120

I don't know if I would want Strong back at UF as HBC but he will certainly be considered. I guess the candidates would be Stoops, Gruden, Tedford, Peterson, Mullen, Strong, and Harbaugh.
pretty good list of candidates.
I would scratch Harbaugh off the list though.

Chris Peterson would be interesting...
Same colors, different location.

I could see gus malzahn but more than likely he stays put

Back
Top Bottom