**updated with pics pg3** Visitng ATL ... Can anyone recommend some good food spots ?!

Like I said earlier def try Thumbs Up & to take your lady out another spot which has real good food & live music: Sweet Georgia Juke Joint. Very impressed

Last edited:
Like I said earlier def try Thumbs Up & to take your lady out another spot which has real good food & live music: Sweet Georgia Juke Joint. Very impressed

Don't they sell moonshine there? My ex is the restaurant manager at the airport location

Cheesecake Bistro - Atlantic Station. Trust me, I'm from Atlanta; born and raised.

Thats no different than eating at the cheesecake factory or copelands.. This place as no revelance to the exclusive restaurants in Atlanta.

Example:

New Orleans have Cafe Du Monde
New York have Red Rooster
Atlanta have The Beautiful
Etc....

Last edited:
Papi's Cuban Grill is one of my favorites. I go almost every Thursday for their Thursday special.

J..R. Crickets for wings (The best wings IMO).

Vortex is a spot that you have to check out if your in a burger mood.

Chinese Buddha on 10th st. for some good Chinese food.

Tin Lizzys for Mexican food (Not authentic, but really good).

Cami Cakes if you want to treat your girl to some good cupcakes.

Thats no different than eating at the cheesecake factory or copelands.. This place as no revelance to the exclusive restaurants in Atlanta.
Example:
New Orleans have Cafe Du Monde
New York have Red Rooster
Atlanta have The Beautiful
Etc....
Copelands is the best that he will get in Atlanta, with the budget that he's working with. If dude wants some real exclusive Atlanta food, then he'll need to visit 285 West; a soul food joint by Bankhead. I doubt he's willing to drive in the hood tho.
laugh.gif

The Beautiful and Mary Macs Tea Kitchen

Went there all the time when i went to school out there

Go to Curlys, they got Kool-Aid.

Go to Flip Burger, delicious. 

Go to Felini's Pizza on Ponce.

Go to Harolds on Edgewood. Good delicious fried chicken.

Go to the Varisty, forget what them haters talkin about. It's about the experience, they live here so they don't appreciate it. 

Go to JR Cricket across the street from the Varsity if you want some wings. 

Don't eat This is It, ever since they got bigger, food has been trash. Tough ribs, bland chicken. 

Check out Anatolia Cafe, best hookah and great food.

Tin Lizzys on Memorial Drive, in the afternoon with good weather, go sit on the balcony. Day or night, one of the greatest feelings ever.

Stay out of Rocky Mountain unless you're a broke college student that can stand terrible service and cigarette smoke while you eat. 

Check out La Parilla on Howell Mill, get you one of them 32 oz margaritas or if you feelin it, get two.

Avoid hookah lounges on Clairmont on the weekends Fri+Sat, unless you wanna wait 45 minutes for a table and hope you get it or stand up with hookahs (never)

Taco Mac any location. Main go to for sports games, depending on which one you go to they can have 200+ beers on tap. The one at Perimeter is confirmed to have 200 on tap, I lived in there from 05-08 during summer breaks, thanksgiving, christmas, alla that. Matter fact I was in there last night.

Oh yeah, if it's open, get down to FOX BROTHERS BBQ ON DEKALB AVE! Great BBQ! If you can't make it to Fox Brothers, check out Jim N Nicks, those baby biscuits are to die for. 

Last edited:
I can vouch for JR Crickets, I just hate their customer service and high *** prices :rolleyes :lol:
Hankook Taqueria on Howell Mill-Korean Tacos and such
Vortex is a must for burgers. I like the one in Midtown
Spondivits is good seafood
I can also vouch for Two Urban Licks :pimp: :pimp:
Breakfast spots try Rise N' Dine and West Egg Cafe (also serve brunch and lunch) :pimp: :pimp:
I know someone said Justin's but that's closed now and I never got a chance to try it :smh:
Tavern in Phipps Plaza has some good food
Lenox Grill is good too. It's at Lenox Mall
Atlanta Fish Market for seafood also
Ted's Montana Grill. They specialize in Bison burgers and other dishes
Uncle Julio's has some good Mexican food
I know these aren't exclusive to atlanta but Fogo De Chao, Ocean Prime (my new favorite restaurant), Oceanaire, Legal Seafood. Gotta have your money right for these though :lol:
Strip at Atlantic Station is good too.
Ru Sans has some good sushi
Veni Vidi Vici for some good Italian food

I think i'm forgetting some but I'll come back and edit as I think of more

I don't care what any of yall say, I love Gladys and Rons! Everyone who I recommend it to end up loving it as well. The smothered chicken with baked mac and cheese though :pimp: plus I love that they don't flavor their food with pork like most soul food spots. I will admit that they could do some remodeling or find a whole better spot all together though. It's not like they can't afford it with all the business they take in...

Ok just got back...Great overall trip. Tried several spots based off recommendations and others just for the hell of it :lol:

some of the pics are blurry ..please excuse they were all taken with a HTC One X

Durango Steakhouse

8/10 - Durango Top Sirloin & loaded baked potato was on point. I thought the onion haystack was going to rival the blooming onion from outback... but it was kind of soggy

Varsity

4/10 - Ok some times you touch the stove even after being told its hot. Yea this was definitely one of those times. The burger was one of the worst Ive ever tasted. My girl said her hotdog tasted like one those $2 8 pack joints from wal mart. I will note the chili cheese fries were pretty good though

Escorpion

9/10 - Chicken enchiladas and refried beans were on par. Yellow rice was ok. Drinks were strong and the chips and salsa got the thumbs up. My lady got the chicken quesadillas and crushed.

Busy Bee Cafe

10/10 - A+ Definitely the highlight of the trip. I copped the fried pork chops, potato salad and greens...My lady got the green beans, fried chicken mac & cheese. Uptown tea was bangin and *not pictured* the sweet potato pie was delicious.

Corner Bakery Cafe

9/10 - I know this isnt ATL exclusive but we dont have one in central VA. Anyways I picked up the anaheim scrambler and my girl got the smoked bacon and cheddar on a croissant. I honestly would have given this joint a 10 but i wasnt feeling the harvest toast :lol: damn sure wish we had one here in Richmond

Mama Mia's Pizza Subs & Wings

9.5/10 - You cant find much better than this at 3 am. Chicken stromboli & pepperoni pan pizza. Sure beats the taco bell late nite window

But overall yall got some good eats down in the A. Im definitely planning a trip back

Mice man! You look like a serious foodie, bro! lol.. I'm quickly finding myself becomming one as well. Your girl looks hot too, from what I can see. Respect. lol :nerd:

I am kinda disappointed that you didn't try one of my reccomendations, though. :lol: Respect, though, because people have different taste's. I noticed mine tends to be international foods. I like smaller mom and pop places, and you seem like you like popular places, which is not bad by any means. I think we just have different tastes. I like the herbs and spices sides of food, thus more international foods with different spices from everywhere.

Thanks for reporting back and sharing pics bro. Looks like you had a good time. Reps.

Next time ill plan it out much better :lol: We stayed downtown so most of the places we went were close by. A few of the spots like Glenn's Kitchen & Antico Pizza closed early than we expected when we tried to go. But Ill blame it on the goose for not calling ahead :smh:

Last edited:
I told you to stay away from Varsity :lol:

Glad you enjoyed the other spots :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom