US Government Headed to Shutdown

Yeah, probably taxed at a higher rate and the back pay isn’t guaranteed always.

Contractors also don’t get paid.
Yeah I was under the impression contractors don't get paid. Luckily I am essential personnel or I would be burning through sick days with my feet up at home.
99 was a big year for the internet changing big time with the birth of Napster, Xanga, Live Journal, Blackplanet etc. but even before then AIM was launched in 97 for only aol users then, Asian Avenue was also founded in 97, ICQ founded in 96. There had been geocities hosted websites since 94, it goes on
My man it was a GLORIOUS time to be alive and single, Blackplanet, Asian Avenue, Migente. Can't forget Migente my dude. I was on all three not looking to cross the aisle but cross the races. Ahh the good times, good income coming in, own place, no responsibilities, and any song or movie you wanted for free.

:lol: @ y’all thinking
The internet gonna be effected and shut down
I swear man
Folks be starting the wildest rumors
Through social media

It’s only been 33 days, the situation in France has been festering for years.

The problem with a protest is that all federal workers have clearances that are needed for your position. Some folks have waited 2 years to get their clearance which is very valuable and hard to come by. If you have a top secret clearance, that means your last ten years have been squeaky clean. So government workers don’t want go the yellow jacket route and risk their clearance. I think the month of Feb will be a tipping point if we are still shutdown, March will be scary. I got paper stacked so I can ride this out long term.

I’m in the same position as you

I have enough money to ride this out too

What have you been doing to keep busy?

I been so bored I just recently started applying to places part time just to have something to do

Im affected by this shutdown by this shutdown and im on the side of the democrats. If they give in and cede to Trump, we will be in this situation everytime he doesnt get his way.

Trump is the anti-president. A president is suppose to work with the house and senate since they're more of a representation of the people. If wanted a wall, he should have gotten with the republicans express his wishes. The both sides would then work together and vote and let the process take its course.

Bi partisanship and country unification lies with the president.

I’m in the same position as you

I have enough money to ride this out too

What have you been doing to keep busy?

I been so bored I just recently started applying to places part time just to have something to do

Catching up on online work training. Traveling!

Last edited:
Im affected by this shutdown by this shutdown and im on the side of the democrats. If they give in and cede to Trump, we will be in this situation everytime he doesnt get his way.

Trump is the anti-president. A president is suppose to work with the

Work with the? You stopped your train of thought.

Trump is the anti-president. A president is suppose to work with the house and senate since they're more of a representation of the people. If wanted a wall, he should have gotten with the republicans express his wishes. The both sides would then work together and vote and let the process take its course.

Bi partisanship and country unification lies with the president.

He's never getting a wall.

The high-speed CA train will be built before a 'wall'.

They all need to strike.

That's why a no-strike clause never works. The intention of striking is to cause disruption, and essential employees striking is about as disruptive as you can get.

Have at it.
Especially now
They can’t instantly replace them
Nowadays with them background checks
and how long they take
They tripping for not being able to strike
They would have all the leverage

Back
Top Bottom