US Violence Wave

A historic rise in homicides in 2020—and continued bloodshed in 2021—has incited fears that after years of plummeting crime rates, the U.S. could be headed back to the bad old days, when a crime wave gripped the country from the 1970s to the 1990s.

But the FBI’s “Uniform Crime Report” for 2020, released Monday, suggests something stranger: Perhaps America is in the midst of what is specifically a violence wave, not a broad crime wave. Even as violent crime rose, led by significant jumps in murders and aggravated assaults, property crime continued a years-long decline.

The murder rate rose by nearly 30 percent, the largest increase on record. There were about 21,500 murders, or 6.5 per 100,000 people. Aggravated assault, the most common form of violent crime, rose 12 percent. Among other components of the violent-crime rate, robbery actually decreased and rape reports were flat. But property crimes overall fell 8 percent, led by drops in burglary and larceny—though motor-vehicle theft increased.

I keep da musket b I'll be alright

Actually - in my opinion a lot of this is the decline of emotional maturity and conflict resolution skills. I know some of those stats are driven by randoms doing work on randoms though.
How do you figure something like emotional maturity and conflict resolution is declining?

Because many people hide behind their confirmation bias via tech instead of learning from their mistakes, letting go of their issues and moving on. I'm speaking anecdotally on the part of people doing things to people they know.

I wholly agree that economic conditions play a large part though.

Someone here tried to tell me last week that the media was making it seem like violent crime in Los Angeles was overstated.

Soon thereafter Clarence Avant’s wife was murdered in her own home and a slew of other robberies and home invasions took place in the city.

Part of the problem is that people don’t want to believe any of this stuff is taking place for some reason.

IMO we are seeing the results from a 1 parent household. A lack of fathers in the household to help raise men and women unable to teach or discipline these young boys that eventually grow up with a lack of structure.

Well, we gave any and everyone guns in Texas. I think its the fact the country doesn’t have a “bad guy” we can point all the hateful energy at. There’s no Al Quedas, no ISIS, no Taliban so we just fighting each other.

Someone here tried to tell me last week that the media was making it seem like violent crime in Los Angeles was overstated.

Soon thereafter Clarence Avant’s wife was murdered in her own home and a slew of other robberies and home invasions took place in the city.

Part of the problem is that people don’t want to believe any of this stuff is taking place for some reason.
Saying violent crime in L.A is overstated is like saying the number of Irish families living in Ireland is overstated.

Well, we gave any and everyone guns in Texas. I think its the fact the country doesn’t have a “bad guy” we can point all the hateful energy at. There’s no Al Quedas, no ISIS, no Taliban so we just fighting each other.

Oh we have a bad guy. THEY just don't want to admit they're the bad guys.

Some of the homeless in LA are starting to arm themselves with more than just bats and knives. Bro said there have been reports on his citizens app of people being threatened with a machete. I’m cool if they need them for protection from the weirdos trying to harm them but the homeless in my area are highly unstable mentally.

Some of the homeless in LA are starting to arm themselves with more than just bats and knives. Bro said there have been reports on his citizens app of people being threatened with a machete. I’m cool if they need them for protection from the weirdos trying to harm them but the homeless in my area are highly unstable mentally.
Gotta be careful out here. I will not be seen near Skid Row or any area with a large homeless presence at any costs

Back
Top Bottom