*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

What's up with NT's fixation with Blake Griffin? Sure, he's a great athlete and can jump out of the building but what else does he bring to the table? Guys like LaMarcus Aldridge and Tyson Chandler need to be considered for the team.
because America is trying to see
eek.gif
while winning the gold
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MMG

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

What's up with NT's fixation with Blake Griffin? Sure, he's a great athlete and can jump out of the building but what else does he bring to the table? Guys like LaMarcus Aldridge and Tyson Chandler need to be considered for the team.
because America is trying to see
eek.gif
while winning the gold
laugh.gif
Having him on the team is going to hurt us, because international bigs will just simply destroy him in the paint/perimeter. He'll seriously be a defensive liability. We'll probably face Spain in the gold medal round and with Pau and Marc both on the floor, we'll need all the size and defense we can get. 

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

Rondo couldn't make the cut for the Fiba championship in 2010 no way he gets selected for the Olympic team.

In all fairness that would have been three years in the past. We can all agree that the Rondo that dominates games now is far different than the Rondo of 2009/2010, right?

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

Rondo couldn't make the cut for the Fiba championship in 2010 no way he gets selected for the Olympic team.

In all fairness that would have been three years in the past. We can all agree that the Rondo that dominates games now is far different than the Rondo of 2009/2010, right?
he got cut for reportedly his attitude problem........ has that changed?

I don't know.

No one really knows except for Rondo I guess but I think Jerry should at least give him another look. Russell doesn't exactly have a clean track record in regards to "attitude problems" either.

That's true, but when it came down to it he was able to keep his attitude and mindset in check for the most part during the WC.

TBH, even if Rondo was invited to try out there would be no room behind CP3, DWill, and Rose...

deepinthajeep wrote:
Russell doesn't exactly have a clean track record in regards to "attitude problems" either.

what are you referring to?

^

Like half of the superstars that are gonna be on the team don't have attitudes/egos?

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

That's true, but when it came down to it he was able to keep his attitude and mindset in check for the most part during the WC.

TBH, even if Rondo was invited to try out there would be no room behind CP3, DWill, and Rose...

You're completely 100% right on this. But my initial inquiry on Rondo starts with D. Rose possibly not making the trip due to health reasons.

Part of me kinda thinks Rondo's game would be a better fit than D. Rose's but when healthy Rose is the most explosive player in the league.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]itsaboutthattime[/color] -- weren't there issues in the lockeroom last year w/ Russell's role w/ the team before their playoff run? I can't cite it specifically though. I'm not +$$$**%+ on Russ either, please don't view it as that.

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]itsaboutthattime[/color] -- weren't there issues in the lockeroom last year w/ Russell's role w/ the team before their playoff run? I can't cite it specifically though. I'm not +$$$**%+ on Russ either, please don't view it as that.

as far as i know/knew it was just speculation by certain guys trying make mountains out of molehills

I dont think Rose's health is an issue. I think Kobe and Rose have been benched to rest for the playoffs. More so precautions with the shortened season. Groin injuries can linger like no other so theyre making sure its 100%. Kobe just because he's old.

Rose will be playing in the Olmypics.

Unlike Wade, maybe other Olympic sport athletes just don’t understand one fact: The Olympics are a business, plain and simple. A tax-free juggernaut called the International Olympic Committee that generates revenues, on average, of over $1.4 billion a year. In fact, the IOC’s 2010 tax return shows a $1.4 billion net balance — as in cash in the bank.

And if Wade, and other Olympians don’t ask for and get a share, then who does? Answer: A handful of unaccountable, Switzerland-based bureaucrats hiding behind the veil of so-called “Olympism.

aldridge, chandler deserve looks as bigs.

again, like i said before...we got away with durant at the 5 in FIBA.

It might be a problem against Spain because they have true bigs like the gasols playing. Other teams will have roaming centers that shoot threes, so what if ours happens to be the best shooter on the planet?

I would be comfortable with westbrook and deron playing the two.

rose/paul/westbrook
bryant/williams/wade
bron/melo/durant
love/bosh/
Will Perdue

Championship

Terrible timing to mention it, but I think Russ absolutely deserves to be there based on how he played. Him, and also Eric Gordon, coming off the bench with their athleticism flat overwhelmed teams. He came in as the off guard most of the time, even playing a lot of minutes with Rose, and teams just had no answer and he was a hoss on defense. I'd like to see one of him, Gordon, maybe even Iggy make it to be just strictly a defender/role guy. You can mention his NBA season turnovers, as if Rose, Cp3, and Deron don't all average in the same wrong for one but more importantly he will obviously have better teammates than guys like Perkins and Collison who get him a lot of tos by dropping passes.

I echo the sentiments of not wanting Blake to go. LMA deserves that spot, especially after what happened to him in the All Star Game I'd like to see him get that opportunity.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

he'd be a better fit than that clown Bynum.

why because he can block shots? bynum can do everything davis does and more.
Bynum can't defend the pick and roll or the perimeter nearly as well as Davis can. It's silly to say Bynum can do everything Davis can do. He also comes without the attitude problems, would be okay not having any plays ran for him and would just be happy to be there. I hope he's on the team as a 12th man. 
Without Dwight or Bynum, we're probably gonna have to look into big power forwards to fill the C spot. LeMarcus Aldridge, Greg Monroe, Chris Bosh. Wouldn't be surprised if Roy Hibbert is there after the season he just had. 

It's crazy that with CP3, Rose, LBJ, Melo, Durant on the team. The alpha dog is still probably going to be Kobe after all these years. I'm not sure it'll matter - I think the U.S. takes the gold medal easily. Rubio being out really hurts Spain. 

LeMarcus Aldridge is hurt, he had hip surgery.

If were talking about throwing McGee in for center, i'd much rather have Deandre Jordan.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Unlike Wade, maybe other Olympic sport athletes just don’t understand one fact: The Olympics are a business, plain and simple. A tax-free juggernaut called the International Olympic Committee that generates revenues, on average, of over $1.4 billion a year. In fact, the IOC’s 2010 tax return shows a $1.4 billion net balance — as in cash in the bank.

And if Wade, and other Olympians don’t ask for and get a share, then who does? Answer: A handful of unaccountable, Switzerland-based bureaucrats hiding behind the veil of so-called “Olympism.

Back
Top Bottom